Mytee Flood Hog Pumper

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I would like to get a separate, low cost set-up in a cargo trailer just for floods. At first I thought about getting an old TM and making a Jerry rigged flood pumper out of it. I figure I could do this for a few thousand.

My question is; why not the Flood Hog Pumper? What are the drawbacks of having this in my extra rig?

It would be nice to just be able to hook up to my trailer and go why the need arises. I figure it would be cheaper than trying to set up a new van. Plus I could use the extra storage since I'm stil working out of my garage.

What are your thought on this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In the early days before we focused on WDR we used flood pumpers on all WDR jobs and the TM's were used for carpet cleaning. They do a respectable job, the only real draw back is the physical appearance vs a TM.

Trailers? Lots of guys use them, I prefer setting up another truck, but to each his own.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Doc Holliday said:
In the early days before we focused on WDR we used flood pumpers on all WDR jobs and the TM's were used for carpet cleaning. They do a respectable job, the only real draw back is the physical appearance vs a TM.

Trailers? Lots of guys use them, I prefer setting up another truck, but to each his own.

I would prefer a new set-up but since I'm a poor cracker I have to think of ways to utilize my space and money.

I hear you on the appearance. I don't want to look all cracker-jack and stuff.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Set it up nice and keep it clean so when people look in it's organized and professional. Most people won't care, they're just glad you're helping them resolve a problem.

Name
Al
Jeremy N said:
[quote="Doc Holliday":2a9jyj2r]In the early days before we focused on WDR we used flood pumpers on all WDR jobs and the TM's were used for carpet cleaning. They do a respectable job, the only real draw back is the physical appearance vs a TM.

I would prefer a new set-up but since I'm a poor cracker I have to think of ways to utilize my space and money.

I hear you on the appearance. I don't want to look all cracker-jack and stuff.[/quote:2a9jyj2r]

One day when I grow up I want to be just like Richard, but till then, I have one trailer and one 20 foot box van set up with flood pumpers. TM mounts and flood pumpers both have their place. The FP is great at 2:00 am with other homes around, when you have work the 10th floor, or alot of water. The TM is quicker to set up and start sucking. Today I think the performace of a good FP is close to the TM. I would not be without one.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

Two problems with that statement Al.

#1 I don't even want to grow up. :wink:

#2 You're far bigger than we ever will be!

Used the flood pumpers for years, still have 2- old Lloyds and 2- Old Castex. We really need to get some of the new units out there. Maybe next year.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm looking at 2 of those units, Cobb's has modified them with an extra set of 3 stage vacs. So it would be 2 3 stages vacs instead of 1 3 stage.

When I grow up I'd like to be just like Al and Richard! shiteatinggrin

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Bill;

The restoration company that got the 1st "double 3-stage" Flood Hog liked it enough,
that he bought a 2nd unit.

And he actually tested 5 different flood-pumper machines,
before he decided on the "dual 3-stage" Flood Hog.

Larry

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I figured out a solution for my second rig that I hope to get in the future...

Last night I found a Spitfire 3.2 on the cheap. The engine runs and the blower works. The pump is out but I really don't care. Maybe I can set this up in an enclosed trailer and rig it up as an APO unit.

Will a 16 hp with a Roots 33 suck enough to do some run of the mill WD jobs?

Name
Nate W.
I'd overdrive it with a smaller pulley..... Don't take my word for it, I only have expirence with a #2 and #4 blowers. :lol: I've read and chatted with some guys that used the 2.5" port and hose to reduce the resistance of the water flow. And also staying at 150' out or less.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I'm finding flood pumpers to be the way to go for water extraction. We just bought a new Dri-Eaz Flood King and we love it. I have an older flood pumper and it does a good job, but not as good as the Flood King. I agree the truckmount makes a better impression, but to who? Me or my customer? I've yet to have a customer question our use of a flood pumper. We still use the Vortex for big jobs, but many of our water damages, we have little to no extraction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom