Mytee Has A Big Mouth!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

There are already some thick-wall 5 Gal. containers available.
5gpail.gif

Larry

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi KevinD,

No Mytee doesn't offer different gun valves, but I'm sure your dist. would be able to help you.

Thanks, Caesar, the 7 qt. is the same base as the 5 qt. just a few inches taller, so it will fit the HF holder that many guys already have.

John

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Do any of you clean carpets. The teather is in the way to fill the jug. The 7 gt size will be tipping over all day. And it is not see thru. There are better 7 gt jugs out there. Honesty hurts some times.

Farenheit251

There may be better 7 qt jugs but with all the tools I carry I don't have room for something else on the floor. The door holder for the hydroforce is a real spacesaver and convenient.

Bob Foster

It would be nice to get a review(s) from somebody(s) who actually has tried the new ones...

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi BrianE,

I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find how stable this bottle is. Roto molding just makes a heavier part. I appreciate what your saying about the tether. Perhaps we can get a different style so it won't interfere with your refilling. Will work on that. However for those who object to the tether in the mean time, it can be removed.

John

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I currently use the Spraymaster 7 quart jugs, and would be happy to test them to see how yours stacks up.
Thomas Cermak
188 Shallow ridge ln. NE
Kennesaw Ga.30144
888-566-1119

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
from what I can see, the tether is the least of the problems. Pouring a powder or a liquid is going to be a royal pain with the cap under the QC.

Looking at it, the best spot to fill a jug of that style is on the top flat area beside the jug grip. It can be made a little wider and its easily accessible, liquids and powders can be poured straight in with nothing in the way, even the tether wouldn't be in the way. The hole should be at least 2 1/2"-3" across otherwise pouring powders gets messy.

A handy feature as well are quick connects on both ends of the spray hose. I know they can be a point of failure, but the hose never kinks. I have one with them and one without, so either way works.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Ron,

Thanks for your input. I understand what you're saying, however, I also have to be concerned with how a mold parts. That kind of limits where a port can be placed. On another matter, and to each his own, but as a rule, I would not put powder in an injector sprayer, but try to dissolve it first and just pour it in as a liquid. It's just too easy to clog those things. That's just my preference. Thanks again.

John

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Thanks to my new best friends at www.greenglides.com I got to try the new jug and sort of that strap holding the lid on its perfect. No more taking that stupid spray system apart to refill the jug.

Thanks Jeff & Lisa

I will never buy another HF jug again.

Greenie

I see John beat me to it, but I NEVER put powders right in the injection sprayer, I had a 2.5g jug I mixed all my powders in, this little extra step was very valuable, and made for a lot fewer headaches, had an old 3/4" stainless bolt in it to agitate when I shook it, those 2.5g jugs were handy for prespray mix.

Ron Werner said:
from what I can see, the tether is the least of the problems. Pouring a powder or a liquid is going to be a royal pain with the cap under the QC.

Looking at it, the best spot to fill a jug of that style is on the top flat area beside the jug grip. It can be made a little wider and its easily accessible, liquids and powders can be poured straight in with nothing in the way, even the tether wouldn't be in the way. The hole should be at least 2 1/2"-3" across otherwise pouring powders gets messy.

A handy feature as well are quick connects on both ends of the spray hose. I know they can be a point of failure, but the hose never kinks. I have one with them and one without, so either way works.

RandyHilburn

John, I haven't shopped for new injection sprayers in a couple of years and the 7qt container looks to be a good idea. However, I was wondering if you have one that has a swivel joining the hose to the gun? Does anybody make an off-the-shelf sprayer with a swivel?

Greenie

RandyHilburn said:
John, I haven't shopped for new injection sprayers in a couple of years and the 7qt container looks to be a good idea. However, I was wondering if you have one that has a swivel joining the hose to the gun? Does anybody make an off-the-shelf sprayer with a swivel?

Swivel is okay, but i preferred a QD, then I could unhook the gun and use it to rinse down the truck, tools etc...and the QD served as a swivel.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Cleaners want clear containers...................you do listen to cleaners before you make something don't you?

Greenie

Walrus said:
Cleaners want clear containers...................you do listen to cleaners before you make something don't you?

You can SEE the liquid LEVEL through the ice blue jug.
Is everyone in Nebraska that thick, I kow it's been said like 4 times.

Name
John LaBarbera
There is clear... which none of them are. Then there is translucent, which means you can see the solution level. Mytee's is blue translucent, the others are just (natural) translucent. I understand when you're used to one color in a bottle it can be a challenge to accept a different colored bottle.

John

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
John LaBarbera said:
There is clear... which none of them are. Then there is translucent, which means you can see the solution level. Mytee's is blue translucent, the others are just (natural) translucent. I understand when you're used to one color in a bottle it can be a challenge to accept a different colored bottle.

John

Once you go blue you never go back :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
People want clear containers..........you do listen to cleaners don't you?

G

Well Marty; At least you won't have to remember to start the engine on the bottle. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom