Mytee John, what the heck were you thinking?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I dont have a problem with the jets. Very even coverage.

I would love to try a ti wand but cant bring myself to spend 1400 or whatever they are.

Im open to ideas. What wand do you or anyone here like better? I would like a nicer looking wand that i could also go glideless on for some situations like deep pile friezes etc.
Marty has a used one, buy it, pimp it out and your at 1 k for a wand that will last a lifetime

FredC

Village Idiot
I would like to see the other end of this photo to see how high the wand handle is lifted to get the jets that high off the ground.

Same here Dave....cause that damn sure doesn't look like the angle the wand would normally be used at...BUT...it is also using a GG ($109 option)that raises the jets

082800x600.jpg

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Same here Dave....cause that damn sure doesn't look like the angle the wand would normally be used at...BUT...it is also using a GG ($109 option)that raises the jets

082800x600.jpg

With most wands the top tube (Where the trigger is mounted) is horizontal to the carpet or even slightly downward in the other direction. (You can see in this pic it is far higher.) They also sell a gun grip option that would place the jets even lower.

mcatt

Name
Mike
That picture looks like the jets are much higher. How does that wand work if any anybody is using it?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

Here is another photo with the Stainless Glide that comes with the Bentley:

View attachment 1165 You can see the slot is at the correct angle to the carpet.

The stainless steel slot glide is longer wearing, and still has the rounded bottom of a glide
(although not as slippery as Teflon).

View attachment 1166
The cleaning test between the 14" CMP and 14" Bentley was done on dirty carpet with a #4 TM.

The Bentley was visually cleaner with only 1 pass for each wand.

Larry

P.S. The newest manifolds from Mytee have a Stainless Tube clamped to the wand . . .
with brass fittings used to position the jets higher.

Last edited:

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I have two 14" bentleys swivel and reg. both carbon fiber one gun style other reg valve both are great but not perfect. my main issue is the manifolds. i have the new ones and yes they are better than the original brass fittings. I finaly put some lock tight and cranked the hell out of them to the point i thought they would strip out but they are put and no probs so far. i also pulled the manifold arms up as high as i could get them so the jets are higher off the carpet. i changed the jetting to two wider jets (110) on the out side jets and (90) on the inside. nothing i repeat nothing works better than the swivel wand aroung booths or pews. just for that reason alone i give the wand 5 stars. and the reg. bentley is the lightest wand i have ever picked up. John has been a ton of help and guess what i didnt mind working with my wands to get them where they are. My only prob at the moment is glides and i have been working on getting some new ones. has anyone tried the metal one cobb has pictured here and how much is it? also why all the griping. consumers as used to test products all the time, microsoft windows for example. too bad you cant download a bentley update lol.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Improve it and my Interests will rekindle.

PIMP IT OUT !!!! Some MB Special Edition HooRah

Stuck in Porty Wand Hell!
Chris
Chris...listen to me here....
look high and low till you find
a pimped out Greenhorn.........perfect combo for the Genie!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Fred;

Here is another photo with the Stainless Glide that comes with the Bentley:

View attachment 1165 You can see the slot is at the correct angle to the carpet.

The stainless steel slot glide is longer wearing, and still has the rounded bottom of a glide
(although not as slippery as Teflon).

View attachment 1166
The cleaning test between the 14" CMP and 14" Bentley was done on dirty carpet with a #4 TM.

The Bentley was visually cleaner with only 1 pass for each wand.

Larry

P.S. The newest manifolds from Mytee have a Stainless Tube clamped to the wand . . .
with brass fittings used to position the jets higher.

have you ever heard of anyone leaving a mark on tile with those glides.....??

I suck water off the tile edge all the time I am sure we all do......anything metal and tile do not play nice together....I had handle on a shut off valve lightly drag on a tile and it left a permanent mark......

Reactions: GreenTechAgain

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Chris...listen to me here....
look high and low till you find
a pimped out Greenhorn.........perfect combo for the Genie!

Im a working on wands BoB :biggrin:. Heck I mean look where my question on wands ended up.

Greenhorn huh? Is this like those damn board stretchers?

I really want the one Les has down in Greenville, all taped up with the shelve angle supports, lol

Jimbo

I would not give up my Bentley...carbon fiber...with big boy handle...it is invaluable for cleaning under things I would rather NOT move...beds, dressers, furniture of all sorts.

Do I clean with it all day everyday...no...but when Mrs Jones would like her beds cleaned underneath...I can tell her I have a 'Tool' that excels at just that...not too many cleaning wands will lay down to the floor.

I appreciate how much Mr LaBarbera has done for me with this wand...Thank you, John!

Reactions: John LaBarbera
Name
John LaBarbera
have you ever heard of anyone leaving a mark on tile with those glides.....??

I suck water off the tile edge all the time I am sure we all do......anything metal and tile do not play nice together....I had handle on a shut off valve lightly drag on a tile and it left a permanent mark......

I have carpet and stone at my house and although not a full time professional cleaner like most of you guys, I have not marked up the stone with the Bentley Stainless Steel glides. I don't think anyone has. At least I have not heard of that. Jim, I didn't think you had a Bentley. I learned along time ago that you don't want to lay your wand down especially on ceramic tile as sharp edged or soft metal will marr the surface. Maybe a teflon valve would help.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have carpet and stone at my house and although not a full time professional cleaner like most of you guys, I have not marked up the stone with the Bentley Stainless Steel glides. I don't think anyone has. At least I have not heard of that. Jim, I didn't think you had a Bentley. I learned along time ago that you don't want to lay your wand down especially on ceramic tile as sharp edged or soft metal will marr the surface. Maybe a teflon valve would help.

No..I have no desire to have a Bentley..It just does nothing for me....but...that's not saying it is not a good wand....everyone knows you never lay your wand down on ceramic.....you may get away with it for a long time..but sooner or later it will bite you...that is why I would throw caution about the metal glide...

Name
John LaBarbera
No..I have no desire to have a Bentley..It just does nothing for me....but...that's not saying it is not a good wand....everyone knows you never lay your wand down on ceramic.....you may get away with it for a long time..but sooner or later it will bite you...that is why I would throw caution about the metal glide...

HaHa. So what did you do before teflon glides? Don't you have a Bentley gripe? I mean grip?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
HaHa. So what did you do before teflon glides? Don't you have a Bentley gripe? I mean grip?

I carry a titanium wand..and I carry a westpack wand.......I am just not a big fan of really light weight wands....it is rare that I even use the titanium wand.......

I only use the titanium wand for really thick carpet......it is just to light to seat itself down on any of the others......I like the extra weight of the westpack..it helps set the glide down

both wands have the Teflon glides.....before wand glides I would never of pushed my wand out onto a ceramic tile floor.....I knew I was looking for trouble....with a Teflon glide...it is no longer a issue.....

Love the Bentley grip.....no gripe there.........which reminds me I need to order a few more.........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Sounds like cleaners out there who have attempted to use it are hinting to whats wrong with it. Cobb & Stockwell are onto something I think!

Glides are an aftermarket add on, Focus.

Chris

Name
John LaBarbera
I carry a titanium wand..and I carry a westpack wand.......I am just not a big fan of really light weight wands....it is rare that I even use the titanium wand.......

I only use the titanium wand for really thick carpet......it is just to light to seat itself down on any of the others......I like the extra weight of the westpack..it helps set the glide down

both wands have the Teflon glides.....before wand glides I would never of pushed my wand out onto a ceramic tile floor.....I knew I was looking for trouble....with a Teflon glide...it is no longer a issue.....

Love the Bentley grip.....no gripe there.........which reminds me I need to order a few more.........

The S/S Bentley glides are much different to the normal lips of a Ti or WP or any other wand for that matter. At MF in Vegas, if you like, I'll show you the difference. You will also be able to form a first hand opinion of the T-Rex. I think you can order grips on-line now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The S/S Bentley glides are much different to the normal lips of a Ti or WP or any other wand for that matter. At MF in Vegas, if you like, I'll show you the difference. You will also be able to form a first hand opinion of the T-Rex. I think you can order grips on-line now.

looking forward to it...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom