Mytee Trex

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Mytee just announced a program that lets you trade in any rotary extractor for $1000 off a mytee Trex or Trex Jr. Does anyone have expierence with the Trex to let me know if it is a good tool? I am actually selling two rx-20's and a rotovac 360i and was going to use the procedes to empty my collection of two rotarys and get a new one. Was thinking of getting a rotovac (their newish bigheaded one) as I have liked my 360i. I just don't have much of a need for a rotary since I bought a crb machine but I would like to have one around for the every so often commercial job that might need it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've used the big one a few times. It's OK but I'd get the small one. Less vacuum ports so better for everything but a Vortex, lighter weight and not as likely to eat seams...

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
Mytee just announced a program that lets you trade in any rotary extractor for $1000 off a mytee Trex or Trex Jr. Does anyone have expierence with the Trex to let me know if it is a good tool? I am actually selling two rx-20's and a rotovac 360i and was going to use the procedes to empty my collection of two rotarys and get a new one. Was thinking of getting a rotovac (their newish bigheaded one) as I have liked my 360i. I just don't have much of a need for a rotary since I bought a crb machine but I would like to have one around for the every so often commercial job that might need it.

I've got the RV 360i, RX 20, and the big Mytee T Rex. The T Rex is more versatile and does a better job then the others. The only downside to the big T Rex is that it's big. So that is why I have kept my 360i.
This $1,000 trade in has me thinking about dumping my RX 20 and getting the T Rex Jr. Great idea for a campaign that Mytee is running.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I've got the RV 360i, RX 20, and the big Mytee T Rex. The T Rex is more versatile and does a better job then the others. The only downside to the big T Rex is that it's big. So that is why I have kept my 360i.
This $1,000 trade in has me thinking about dumping my RX 20 and getting the T Rex Jr. Great idea for a campaign that Mytee is running.
Hey Johnny, good to see you again. How is the trusty rusty treating you, still got that pickup?

Reactions: Chokemaster

Mikey P

Administrator

John I know the "serrated" lips on the TREX have everything to do with how well it cleans. Some have felt they were too aggressive and non forgiving. I'm willing to bet that the brush heads on the Rotovacs offer the same level of aggressiveness but with out the same threat to weak seams..

Have you tried the Brusheads?

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
Let me try this again.
009.JPG

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
John I know the "serrated" lips on the TREX have everything to do with how well it cleans. Some have felt they were too aggressive and non forgiving. I'm willing to bet that the brush heads on the Rotovacs offer the same level of aggressiveness but with out the same threat to weak seams..

Have you tried the Brusheads?

I agree, the weight as well as the serrated edges are what I consider the reason the T Rex cleans so much better. I'm thinking the T Rex Jr. with less weight will not be as aggressive. That said I'm careful and have not had any trouble with my TRex tearing any seams.

I've not tried the brushed for the RV 360i nor have I tried the big 360i.

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't think the weight plays into it that much as my 360i cleans as well as my 360XL, only slower due to it's smaller size. Did that Flex Star head for the Trex every get popular?

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
I don't think the weight plays into it that much as my 360i cleans as well as my 360XL, only slower due to it's smaller size. Did that Flex Star head for the Trex every get popular?

I never got one. I wanted to but just didn't pull the trigger. I ended up getting a RX 20 with glides, Cimex, Orbot, and a Zipper for CGD instead. Still would like to get a flex head for my T Rex one day.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I lugged the RX20 around for awhile. It's a tank, heavy, lasts a long time with a severe beating. The vac shoes are in dire need of re-design and Hydramaster still doesn't seem to do that. But hey, it's their machine and they probably still sell the sh.. out of them. I lugged the much lighter original 360 as well. Didn't scrub like I wanted it to, much slower than I wanted, adjusting the handle was a chore. I lug the TrexJr. as of late and it fits my needs. Just over 50lbs for carry especially upstairs. Scrubs better then the RV and IMO I think it's an ideal weight distributed on it's 4 shoes. The RX is quite aggressive on cut pile. You better not skip raking after you RX. The scalloped edge of the Trex vac shoes must be doing their job because dry passing is time well spent, keeps pace with your glided wand. The job is physical no matter what so it's nice to have a tool that works significantly in your favor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom