Mytee waste tank....With Mods

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I have modified the waste tank (with help from John L) to work with my 2, 2" Y 2.5"...mostly cuz i am a stubborn SOB, and partly cuz its a PITA to reach in the box to hook the hose up everytime..

Here are some pics

BRAMMIE NEW TANK WAITING TO GO...
IMAG0099.jpg

TANK HOOKED UP, QUIET A BIG DIFFERENCE IN HEIGHT FROM MY OLD ONE...SOON TO BE A 3" HOSE THOUGH
IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

MODIFIED TO GO AROUND THE LIFT OUT OF BASKET
IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

DRILLED OUT FOR THE 2" FITTINGS
IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

I will see if i can get a video uploaded i shot, showing no leakage...Remember this is just a quick put together to make sure it worked. Final assembly will be in the next few days

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You might want to remember to bolt it down, preferably with big U-Bolts around the frame. If you just bolt to the floor, it could rip loose in an accident.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
John LaBarbera
Wow. Nice job Doug. You don't have to worry every again about rusting of your vac tank. The tank make for a nice economical replacement of a worn out tank. Thanks for the business and the video. I can understand why a lot of guys might be skeptical of a plastic truck mount vac tank, but these are really strong. And I won't say it if it was true.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
so does the tank have a filter that is right before the blower. I see the pull out filter but most blower filters are the screw on type, does this tank have a provision for that?? also did you mount a float switch??

Name
John LaBarbera
steve g said:
so does the tank have a filter that is right before the blower. I see the pull out filter but most blower filters are the screw on type, does this tank have a provision for that?? also did you mount a float switch??

Don't know if your asking me or Doug. I don't want to speak out of line but the riser tank has a number of flats for drilling the size that your unit requires. We have a 2" filter at Mytee but that may not be right for everybody, so we chosen not to go overboard supply filters, floats and so forth that would add to the cost and still not be the right thing. That's where a good distributor comes into the picture.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
steve g said:

floats are for babies shiteatinggrin

no i didnt, but there are multipule places to put one in at..

As far as a blower filter, for your standard 2.5" (ok standard is un-true but whatever) i tested a filter at steamaction supply (where i bought it) and it would fit in, and have room to screw it in on THE BACKSIDE OF THE 2.5 BARB, so long as it was centered...

now, i want to go 3"(because i want it to breathe right off) into the tank...And i HAVE NOT checked to see if it would fit.

So i think it was a "standard" 2.5" filter that they had on their shelf..

if not, then i will modify out the pool filter, and between that and the basket here i should be ok

also, as the riser is easily removable, it would be easy to get in and unscrew it from almost any angle...

Did i mention i love this tank???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Fred Homan said:
Why not a madrel bend coming out of the waste tank?
1 i dont have any spares sitting on my shelves :D
2 i suppose you could seal them in somehow, the plastic is just soft enough you can thread in the fittings, with just a titch of wiggle room...

Name
Nate W.
Douglas, are those the same shoes from Myteefest?? :shock: DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200 Dollars!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Nate The Great said:
Douglas, are those the same shoes from Myteefest?? :shock: DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200 Dollars!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

yes and they have been relegated to shop/yard work

how in the crap you picked that out

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
Nate The Great said:

Fashion police buddy. You failed. :lol:

The tank looks sweet. How thick are the walls?

Name
John LaBarbera
Nate The Great said:
floorguy said:
[quote="Nate The Great":so7ro2cz]Douglas, are those the same shoes from Myteefest?? :shock: DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200 Dollars!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Fashion police buddy. You failed. :lol:

The tank looks sweet. How thick are the walls?[/quote:so7ro2cz]

at least 3/8". The strength also comes from the design. That shape is as strong as a bull.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ACE said:
Who made your TM?

its an avenger 210, stripped down to basicly an engine, blower, pump

Something breaks and i dont like it, i take it off and reroute things....its not pretty but its gotten me by....though it is on its last leg i am thinking, plus its like 9yrs old, and i bought it used then...

Name
jack zerkie
I have the same tanks on the 2045 unit I purchased for Larry Cobb. Great basic unit. I use a pool filter on the ground infront of the unit at the side doors the the pool filter goes into the front tank and then into the factory filter, works great and after a rinse most smells are gone.jz.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Zero flex on this tank. Mytee has a real winner here. I like how it comes with no outlet as every set-up is different. Custom is best.

T

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Bill Soukoreff said:
Zero flex on this tank. Mytee has a real winner here. I like how it comes with no outlet as every set-up is different. Custom is best.

T

it has some flex, but thats ok, because thats what tightens the seals...if you watch the video (and damn it was ahrd to hold it still and get the best view, while putting hand on out let) at about the 1:10 mark you can see it..

but not like some, that i thought were gonna collapse like beer cans

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
GeneMiller said:
i thought that unit look familar. i cut my teeth on that unit.

gene

yeah but i would really like to grow some mollars shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom