Mytee

P

pitmaster

Mytee Round 1 Booster cleaning a long time customer house just about done the booster start shooting water out like a 699.00 dollar super soaker shot dirty water on her new Ethan Allan sofa and rug :oops: calmed her down finished the job for free and plus did the rug and her sofa. :evil: and I think I just lost a long time customer Oh I just got a call from her sister scheduled for monday she cancelled :x Round 2. One of my M5 auto fill female garden hose end pop off went to 3 hardware stores couldn't find it called my supplier they called mytee cause you can't. The part was ordered took a week wrong part they sent me a 98 cent nipple in a size 8 shoe box and charged me 30.00 bucks :shock: called my supplier back said they would call mytee. 3 days go by I need my machine running so look around some more go to Lowe's found it 1.94 :D better then the one on the machine :? Friday comes along another size 8 shoe box from mytee right part this time 2 female garden hose ends 25.00 dollars are you for real I have order a lot of things from company's and never been charged like this look's like from here on out my M5's will be modified I would hate to order a pump or a vac motor :!: I think if you make something it should work it's a vaccum booster not a water sprayer and overcharging customer is bad for business :!:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
who said you cant??? your supplier???

Cuz if you are this un happy...John would want you to call and talk directly to him or nathan and get it fixed ricky-tick...(means fast)

I know cuz i called them on somethings, and it was done boom just like that..

sounds to me the supplier might be jerking you around

Ryan

FCC said:
You must be new here. :lol:

Sometimes it takes new people for the truth to get out.......

Could it be that certain company's in good standing on this board take extra care of the avid posters.

And treat the rest of the world like any other company?

P

pitmaster

It shouldn't matter who you are you should be taken care of the same way

Name
Lee Stockwell
No dogs in this fight, however: The booster wouldn't shoot out water unless the base vacuum was somehow blocked. That should have been noticed by the operator long before the booster tank filled.

When I ran portable I'm sure to make sure the exhaust won't be aimed at anything important.

I routinely go to Lowes FIRST when looking for hardware.

P

pitmaster

There was no water in the tank of the booster plain and Simple it shouldnt shoot out water this is not the only time this has happen most of the time you just get a little water running down the side i can deal with that this thing was shooting out like Old Faithful at yellowstone hell if i had the wife and kids it would been a nice pic all joke a side i love the booster when it works right

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
pitmaster said:
There was no water in the tank of the booster plain and Simple it shouldnt shoot out water this is not the only time this has happen most of the time you just get a little water running down the side i can deal with that this thing was shooting out like Old Faithful at yellowstone hell if i had the wife and kids it would been a nice pic all joke a side i love the booster when it works right

what's lose or broke on the booster, Issac?

Sometimes it takes new people for the truth to get out.......
Could it be that certain company's in good standing on this board take extra care of the avid posters.
And treat the rest of the world like any other company?

Honestly, I don't think it's that, Ryan.
I think it's more a thing that most BD's don't know sheet from shine-ola

that's how the board Dejour phenomenon happens.
a whole bunch of followers get behind one of the "board rock stars" and jump on what ever wagon is rolling that month.
Add to that, many of those same appleknockers come out of the wood work and bark like little yapping mutts anytime someone would "dare" question the board deJour item of the day, or favorite DeJour company and/or personality.

so rather than get "jumped on" by "the pack" , they just skip it or wait for another board rock star to speak up, then they'll comment

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lol so true......

thats why i try (on the cheap) to test whats being talked about 1st

pitmaster said:
Mytee Round 1 Booster cleaning a long time customer house just about done the booster start shooting water out like a 699.00 dollar super soaker shot dirty water on her new Ethan Allan sofa and rug :oops: calmed her down finished the job for free and plus did the rug and her sofa. :evil: and I think I just lost a long time customer Oh I just got a call from her sister scheduled for monday she cancelled :x Round 2. One of my M5 auto fill female garden hose end pop off went to 3 hardware stores couldn't find it called my supplier they called mytee cause you can't. The part was ordered took a week wrong part they sent me a 98 cent nipple in a size 8 shoe box and charged me 30.00 bucks :shock: called my supplier back said they would call mytee. 3 days go by I need my machine running so look around some more go to Lowe's found it 1.94 :D better then the one on the machine :? Friday comes along another size 8 shoe box from mytee right part this time 2 female garden hose ends 25.00 dollars are you for real I have order a lot of things from company's and never been charged like this look's like from here on out my M5's will be modified I would hate to order a pump or a vac motor :!: I think if you make something it should work it's a vaccum booster not a water sprayer and overcharging customer is bad for business :!:

My God that gave me a headache reading how you write.....lol

run around?.....I would like to hear Mytee side cuz as we all know....to quickly to judge before you hear both sides.... is not wise and can bite you in da butt.

JDS87

The big difference between Mytee and some other manufacturers is that many of the others
would ship out small parts like that on a no charge basis. The distributor, on the other hand,
would charge you dearly for the part and the shipping.

With portables, as well as truckmounts, you have to do most of the work yourself. You can let them
speculate what the problem is but you better be prepared to do the job yourself.

I read recently that the average portable user spends $3k a year on maintenance.

Name
Nate W.
Imho think that maybe breaker tripped on the extractor or a clogged stack(s) in the waste tank and that's the reason for water spitting out the booster. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's what I experienced my own self. I don't have a mytee booster, but another brand. Logically, it doesn't make sense in my mind. I've ran porty's for along time and still do on some occasions. So I know a lot about porty's and the problems you can run into.

Mytee has make things right with unsatisfied customers in the past. Sorry to hear your frustration. I too think your supplier has a hand in on it. Suppliers need to make money also.

TimP

My question is after 5 years in this business why are you fooling around with a portable?????

I can understand if it's only for jobs where a Truck Mount can't go. But no mention of a Truck Mount on your profile.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Any distributor worth his salt should have known where Issac could get a small part like that to get him running the same day.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
TimP said:
My question is after 5 years in this business why are you fooling around with a portable?????

I can understand if it's only for jobs where a Truck Mount can't go. But no mention of a Truck Mount on your profile.

I think that's besides the point Tim.

Name
John LaBarbera
pitmaster said:

Hi Isaac,

Sorry for what you have experienced. We have found that some of the boosters have spitted so we redesigned the unit and it will be released soon. We had notified the dist. so they could notify the PCC's so that they could stop using them. This was done several months ago (in most cases Mytee has no idea whom the dist. sold these to) The Booster will be replaced free of charge as soon as it is done.

To address some of the other comments I would submit this: My CS dept. receives guidelines from me so that the business can be run in an orderly manner. My confusion on some comments is that it seems this was transmitted by the dist. to Mytee. You said that you can't call Mytee and went thru the dist. (who is this dist?) Than you said you did talk to Mytee, who did you talk to? Warranty is handled thru the dist. However parts that are not warranty can be purchased direct from Mytee by anyone so a guy can get up and running. Usually, a dist. doesn't order parts from Mytee to ship COD to a third party. We post parts list on our web site so that the right part is ordered and shipped. Was the part shipped UPS red, that may account for the cost.

I try to treat all the same whether they are a "big" name on the board or not. Most people Mytee helps are not on the boards. Publicizing it on the boards is up to the individual, but has absolutely nothing to do with the service that I render to all my customers. I will also talk to my CS people to understand better what happened here.

I feel your disappointment and I apologize for that. When the Booster is done we will see to it that yours is exchanged.

P

pitmaster

Meat. There nothing loose or broke on the booster. Nate the great I seen the bill from Mytee no mark up Tim P to answer your ? There's a butler in the warehouse 85% of the building we do have a closed door policy if you can go in a house use there water and electric what are your cost the van off but in the end it doesn't matter what you used just as long as the job is done right because sometime it's not what you use it's the person behind the wand!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no response to john??

And i thought my typing grammer sucked... :? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

damn i gots a headache reading that

Ryan

I try to treat all the same whether they are a "big" name on the board or not. Most people Mytee helps are not on the boards. Publicizing it on the boards is up to the individual, but has absolutely nothing to do with the service that I render to all my customers. I will also talk to my CS people to understand better what happened here.

John,

I wasn't refering to your company specifically just the genaral attitude on this board or any board for that matter. I should have prequalified my post with that. For the record the only peice of Mytee equipment I have experience with (the new side to side machine) I thought was top notch.

P

pitmaster

Hey John, to answer your question's, it's easy for someone to say what there going to do! It sounds good. I have paid for my booster it been almost a year to replace a defective booster. The supplier is Wanders. The person I talked to at Mytee is Jaime. I will see what happen's when they come out, if I get a new one then I can say that Mytee stand's behind what they put out but until then it's just talk.

Name
John LaBarbera
pitmaster said:
Hey John, to answer your question's, it's easy for someone to say what there going to do! It sounds good. I have paid for my booster it been almost a year to replace a defective booster. The supplier is Wanders. The person I talked to at Mytee is Jaime. I will see what happen's when they come out, if I get a new one then I can say that Mytee stand's behind what they put out but until then it's just talk.

Fair enough. Keeping my word is very important to me. Joe has my cell# I don't recall him calling me on this. And I just talked to him a few weeks ago. I'll also get Jaime's comments tomorrow.

If you had the booster for a year did it just start spitting?

P

pitmaster

I have called and talked to Joe several time's about this, it has been a ongoing problem. It's cool I'm just going to wait and see what happens when the new booster come's out.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sometimes I wish I wasn't a distributor so I could say how I really feel...hell with it i'll say it anyway's. ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Whew I feel better...... :mrgreen:

Joe Bristor

Mikey just lm saying I should comment.
I think Isaac expressed his frustrations pretty well.
He detailed the expenses OK, we've about got about $56 into this fix for a $3 part.
3 weeks and a part he tossed in favor of what he did actually find at Lowe's with a better build.
The girls at Mytee were quite helpful, recommended hardware stores initially but Isaac tried & failed.
In the end the shipping girl agreed it was excessive, credited me $20 bucks back, let's hope Isaac can live with that.
Get him a working booster and all's well that end's well.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
psssst Joe...why didn't you re-call the booster like very other supplier that sold one when Mytee told you to?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom