Myths or Not

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Hey all, I have a request from all of you. Tell me your favorite zinger,statements,whatever you want to call them what you will. Things you have heard from clients regarding carpet,upholstery,tile,stone what ever.
"you can clean this with....."
"salesman said I never have to clean this"

I want to say a few at my 10 minute BNI presentation on Thursday. Along the lines of Is this myth or not/true or false kind of thing and if someone gets it correct they get a surprise. Thanks

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well a customer owned a thick polyester carpet and it crushed in the tfa and around the dinning table.

She was about 250lbs, and when the inspector came to look at how the carpet was wearing, he told her it was here fault it crushed out so bad because she was so big.

Oh snap!
he did not say that, oh yes he did.

I told her the carpet wasn't crush resistant, and they all do that because thats what they do.

that guy should be fired.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Its not really a zinger statement, but I hate hearing why do carpets resoil so fast after cleaning the first time.

especially when they bissel and prespot and load gallons of crap into the carpet.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ive heard customers who were told not to use any chemicals or any moisture for that matter to clean their carpet.......gawd I wonder who or what these salesman are thinking .

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Local carpet retailer told their customers to NEVER use HWE, they recommended Capture or their process of "No Chems, no shampoo and no water".
Three years later they bought a truck mount. :eekk:

:smile:

Name
Steve Lawrence
Carpet Retailer to customer:

"Put off cleaning for as long as possible because once you get it cleaned it will get much dirtier faster."

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Lady this week wanted to know "How many times I had used my water?" What? yeah she thought we all used recycled water.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Lady this week wanted to know "How many times I had used my water?" What? yeah she thought we all used recycled water.
Might be a dry cleaning mentality as it is standard practice for dry cleaners to reuse their solvent over and over until too dirty.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Carpet Retailer to customer:

"Put off cleaning for as long as possible because once you get it cleaned it will get much dirtier faster."

I don't think that this person is incorrect.......just uneducated on a good carpet cleaner......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I live in the hot desert...these old people here crack like dry old stale bread

Monzie

Name
Mike Brummett
"My TM Unit looks so big and sexy that it gets jobs for me. It also causes women to rip all their clothes off and want to make love with me on the spot."

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so how much lotion do you go through in a year?

so far none........but....I will be 50 in about a week...I already have a tube of gold bond foot cream on stand by..and I am checking the mail for my waffle house discount card......

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I do a couple houses where they say it always resoils right next to the bed

upon further inspection theres huge bottles of lotion, I ask whats that for? Oh I have really dry feet! WTH your greasing your carpets with a slick right after I clean it, feel free to wear slippers.

Oh would that cause that???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom