N00b Questions

they live

Name
Steve
I use to keep a rock by the cap but I cut the hose so it wasn't pushing on it so hard. Now it's easier. It was spring loaded before kind of. No odor. The hose is about ten feet long. It gets dirty. But my dirty water doesn't smell typically because I use a lot of odorcide in my cleaning.

Bryce C

DFW
Name
Bryce
@Bryce C would you mind telling Mrs Noon , who lives in San Antonio, why you, a fellow noob, are attendeing are Multi Surface Course this December, with your wife?
Well I can tell her why I am going to try to with all my might to attend this December with my wife. Life is crazy with the new biz and now moving to a new home among other things, so I'll see over the next month or so if I can make it happen. I really do hope I can pull it together Mike.

@AMmmarie Mike and Bryan teaching the course in December are hands down some of the most knowledgeable and experienced hard surface cleaners you'll find. I've had the pleasure of meeting them earlier this year at Mikey's Fest. Their multi-surface course is raved about by many experienced cleaners that have attended it. How to effectively clean, repair, and restore hard surfaces including natural stone is a very profitable part of this business. It is also a gateway into homes with many other kinds of potential work.

There is a lot to it though, and many things to watch out for like causing damage to grout or wood, damaging certain tiles themselves with inappropriate pH or pressures, or not catching some stubborn topical coating before quoting and beginning a job that can turn into a week long nightmare. Especially since you live so close to where the course is taking place I'd really encourage you to attend if you can make it happen. You'll meet a bunch of incredible people too, I already know of a few either going or thinking about going this year.

I've struggled a lot being out there in the field without education, thankfully I've at least made it through each job and shined on plenty. I know you want to start with carpet and keep it simple, but consider that carpet cleaning is the most competitive, saturated, and simultaneously dwindling market in this craft of cleaning. There are also many carpet cleaning jobs I wouldn't of closed on without being able to clean either hard surfaces, rugs, or upholstery in the same home or business.

Hard surface cleaning is awesome. Hard surface restoration would be really cool but I haven't touched it and won't until I get some education. It will definitely be with these guys whether sooner or later, they cover everything. They'll be teaching about how to safely clean area rugs on site as well, I usually have a few on-site area rug jobs each week... It'd be fun to see ya there too!

I purchased and read Mike and Bryan's Multi Surface Training Manual and it's top notch. It covers more than I've ever found hunting around on the net, and I know it's just a primer to the 5 day hands on course they are teaching.

If you can train with these guys for hard surfaces and rugs, and go train with Jim Pemberton for upholstery, you'll be able to market to many more potential customers and have the skills and confidence to get excellent results. With solid marketing, equipment, and chemistry you'll be unstoppable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom