Nailpolish

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Just got a call for nailpolish in carpet....any suggestions...other than run..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Acetone....apply small amount in area at a time agitate just a little (control it) and extract

Keep doing this a little at a time controlling acetone and nail polish.

We will use an upholstery tool go extract.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Definitely acetone. It will dissolve the nail polish. Buy a gallon can at HD. Transfer into a qt bottle with flip top. Squirt onto nail polish with your hose cuff next to it, or better yet an orange vacuum cuff like the car wash vacuum machine has. Just extract the dissolved slurry with vacuum. Test carpet that it does not dissolve also.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I will all come out as long as they didn't touch it. Take your upholstery tool and place it on the edge and use pure acetone and let the tool suck it through. Easy peasy.

Gene

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thank you...I am looking for any advice..I will take anything

Its really not that difficult.

Acetone in a squirt bottle...little at time....take your time. We use a gum getter to agitate.

Sparkly nail polish can be a bit more difficult sometimes.

Don't apply too much so gets to the backing. Can delaminate . Most nail polish will be on top tips of carpet being so thick.

Good luck.

And I see a few more posts happened at same time with great additional info and clarifications... :)

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You fellas.are an awesome crowd!!!! Here is a pic they sent meView attachment 5476

Would suggest start with the smaller ones and get in the groove.

Start on the outside of the larger ones and work to the center of the large spot.

Take your time. It is going to take some time as acetone will dry quick as well as the nail polish you are losening up

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Saiger your the bomb!!!! These are good friends that spend good $ with me....I just want to help them out...of their $ :-)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Should I use harware store acetone?

Yep. ..thats what we get.

We have a gallon on each van.

Will last you a long time.

Also, can use this on a white rag to help loosen.

Just be careful as all mentioned to take time, control and small amount of acetone at a time.

You will figure it out ...

Call if questions

My cell 218-259-9099

F

FB7777

Like Art said, just go to your local Home Depot, I purchase the quart size metal contains ers with the flip top. Stores easily and safely in your truck

Nail Polish is fairly easy to remove with patience and the already described techniques

Reactions: Mark Saiger

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not all nail polish is acetone based.
Ask the client if they still have the nail polish container, if it is or not acetone based.

They also sell nail polish removers where they sell the nail polish.
It may be beneficial to surround stain (peroxide etc.) with something, as to not to allow the surrounding fiber to accept dissolved pigment.

And yes, as others said, be careful as it will de-laminate the backing real quick and like many strong solvents it may lighten the area. Patience is your friend.

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
My young daughter has been practicing lately on my pretty little toes.

She has been removing the polish using acetone-free pads she bought at the pharmacy.

I was impressed with how fast they worked at dissolving and removing the polish completely, without the acetone odor, and am meaning to pick up a few packs to carry in my spotting bag.

View attachment 5477

Which color do you guys think looks best on my beautiful little piglets??

View attachment 5478

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would try hand sanitizer first the gel type rub it on steam it off with upholstery tool

Maybe hit it with a little red one from CTI put hand sanitizer then a little nail polish remover rinse with water, what ever's left then hit with acetone lightly. repeat, the key is to rinse anything you use quickly and not let it get into the backing and delaminate the carpet.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Just got a call for nailpolish in carpet....any suggestions...other than run..

Trigger sprayer w/CLEAR acetone and white towel if spots are small. Your spots are large, use the vac hose as other have said.

Dan, is right Sally's for acetone and peroxide.

-+*//-+*/ 4WE56767878 K-/ 767878 K-

Sally beauty supply has the best deal on acetone.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Wow,youre all awesome...thanks for the confidence...I am heading over Wednesday...tomorrow is coolant pump replacement on the ol GMC

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My young daughter has been practicing lately on my pretty little toes.

She has been removing the polish using acetone-free pads she bought at the pharmacy.

I was impressed with how fast they worked at dissolving and removing the polish completely, without the acetone odor, and am meaning to pick up a few packs to carry in my spotting bag.

View attachment 5477

Which color do you guys think looks best on my beautiful little piglets??

View attachment 5478

:eekk:
We're done Frank! I don't know you anymore! Hack! Smoke Fan!
:p

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Acetone will work for most polishes but not all. Acetone may also dissolve the polish but allow the pigments (colored portion) to spread.

Bridgepoint's All Solv Extreme includes acetone along with several other solvents that work on other types of nail polish. Avenge Pro can be used with All Solv Extreme to create a foam that will contain the pigments and keep them from spreading.

The combination of Pro Solve Gel and Power Gel from CTI work in a similar fashion and are also good for a variety of nail polishes.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS01A All Solv Extreme

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS04A Avenge Pro

Name
Lee Stockwell
Acetone will work for most polishes but not all. Acetone may also dissolve the polish but allow the pigments (colored portion) to spread.

Bridgepoint's All Solv Extreme includes acetone along with several other solvents that work on other types of nail polish. Avenge Pro can be used with All Solv Extreme to create a foam that will contain the pigments and keep them from spreading.

The combination of Pro Solve Gel and Power Gel from CTI work in a similar fashion and are also good for a variety of nail polishes.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS01A All Solv Extreme

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS04A Avenge Pro

That's why I always put the acetone on a white towel, NEVER poured on the carpet directly.

Also a sprayer was suggested above. That may work ONCE, but 5 minutes of acetone will kill most sprayers.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Also a sprayer was suggested above. That may work ONCE, but 5 minutes of acetone will kill most sprayers.

I had my wonders about a spray bottle

Bottle of acetone, unscrew cap, insert trigger sprayer, use product, when done remove sprayer and put cap on.

Name
Tom McLaughlin
A flip-top cap for the Acetone and wear a pair of gloves.

Really curious how that goes because the picture looks like they've tried something on it already.

Be sure to post an "after" picture for us, ok?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Me too tom! Its worth a try...its already damaged...and I know that nobody just leaves it alone and calls a pro...they **** with it until it gets worse aaaaand then wonder why

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Tom McLaughlin
Me too tom! Its worth a try...its already damaged...and I know that nobody just leaves it alone and calls a pro...they **** with it until it gets worse aaaaand then wonder why

Yeah like the customer who announced to me that "it'll be an easy job for you, yesterday we pre-treated all the spots with a couple cans of Resolve."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom