Namco Products at Home Depot

Farenheit251

Did anyone else see the ad in Cleanfax announcing that we can now buy Namco products from Home Depot? Brian E

Fon Johnson

Yeah, I thought it was a scream.

They own CD, rent rug doctors, and now they sell namco.. Sounds more like Harbor Freight.. I'm confused now. :?

Farenheit251

I shop at Lowe's as well and don't use any Namco products. Just makes me wonder how much they are going to incorporate Chem Dry into Home Depot. Brian E

G

Just makes me wonder how much they are going to incorporate Chem Dry into Home Depot. Brian E

They will incorporate both into the business. The price they paid for Chemdry alone is enough to make it work no matter what the effort. Namco is there to get the do it yourself market as well. Part of a grand design they are working on.

G

Home depot here in Houston is renting the Namco portable. Did'nt think to look at the chems.

G

Quality not Quantity

If iti is good, then it would work with the real carpet cleaners. Chances are it is not what would save you labor. The money is in labor, not cheap chemicals.

tcul

Most do-it-yerselfers who rent the Namco "Scooters" will just end up soaking their carpet.

HD boat Chemdry? Man, I gotta keep up. I thinjk Scientology and CD would have made a more synergistic match.

Doesn't HD know that CD sucks at cleaning carpet? Wait. Doesn't matter. CD has the marketing and biz end down pat. That's where the bucks are.

TC

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
Namco in Cleanfax

I saw the ad in cleanfax . I have never seen any of there products on the shelf at home depot however. Maybe through the internet ordering.

randy

Name
Randy
The local Home depoe has 2 Nam co portables(which are total crap) for rent. They seem to be pushing in on painters that should clean the carpet after the painting job as a added "bonus". I don't think many customers will view that as a bonus after the fact. Kind of a weird synergy if you ask me.I could see a $25.00 Chem DRY gift card with every large paint order maybe.The painter could send it to the customer with a thank you note.Of course in the real world, most painters don't write thank you notes to their customers and would just Ebay the ChemDRY gift card to get extra beer money. :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Went there yesterday and didn't see any namco products.

But I did see a large display with tv monitor playing CD propaganda right up front.

marko

tahoesteve,
I was thinking the same thing about the 06 thread, am guessing the folks on this board do read and remember your thoughts and words...
marko.....................so easy EZ a ten year old can do it!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dunno about the namco stuff...but.............

one day i was in HD looking for something....and a foogin CD salesman came up and wanted to know if i wanted carpets cleaned...I was like WTF!!!! I am busy shopping for plumbing parts (i think) for the TM of all things..and this dude wants to clean my carpets....

told him no, I clean carpets myself thanks...and I wouldnt let you pad spinning, 7-up using hacks in my house anyway...

He looked at me for a sec(he was no older then 21) went to say something else and i cut him off and said NO!!!! CD sucks...um ok sir thanks..

for that reason HD should be boycotted...however Lowes is another 2 miles but up to 15 more mins each way

Name
steve snail
Painters cleaning carpets as a "bonus". That's rich!

Ever known a painter to be on time or finish a job as promised? It may happen, however whenever I schedule a cleaning job predicated on the painter's estimated time of completion. I tell the customer to call me if they get off schedule, almost always get the call.

I for one live and die by my palm pilot.

Greenie

Don't get me started on painters...you think carpet cleaners hate em, try window cleaners they detest em'.

Greenie

Stick around Ray, it takes awhile to get to know this crowd.

Do me a favor and post a link to MikeysBoard on the Chem-Dry forum, we would welcome some independent free thinking franchisees here.

JamesBHunt

I think the ad is for Home Depot Supply, not Home Depot. HD supply has more to do with industrial applications, not the DIY's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom