National Retail Solutions

Anyone ever hear of these guys? I recieved a call from them looking for someone to strip, seal, and wax some VCT in one of their accounts here in my town. Seems like these places always want to pay you crap, and working for MM companies sometimes makes me a little leary. Thanks for any input!

CapeCleaner

Never did any work for National Retail but received a similar call from the corporate office of a sporting goods retail chain. They wanted 1000sqft of tile and grout cleaned. OK, I said, I'm interested. What's the payout? $100 she said.

She didn't at all appreciate me busting out laughing and asking if she was kidding. I have to give her credit for staying on the phone long enough to ask what I would charge for the job. I told her $300 minimum and that would be for vacuuming, mopping on the cleaning solution, and then rinsing and extracting. She thanked me for my time.

I welcome commercial work but that one was beyond rediculous.

CapeCleaner

$300 is my tile and grout minimum. And if you think about it, $.30/sqft to throw down some cleaning solution and extract it, even on 1000sqft doesn't take all that long. No scrubbing. Just laying down the solution and extracting it. It would have been a three hour job at the most, including set-up and breakdown....$100/hr. I can operate at that rate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom