Natural Fiber Presprays...

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Anyone use anything specific? I just use Chemspec's Preekleen because it has enzyme already in it so I dont have to add it, then I throw a shot of citrus.
I then rinse with ONECLEAN..most stuff comes out pretty good and customers are happy.
I know there is stuff out there with oxygen..but im scared to use it.
I know a guy who uses OSR and Enzyme for a prespray and then rinses with Chemspec's high heat which has encap..

Just trying to pick a few brains..

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I like to stay closer to neutral or on the slight acid side prespray for natural fibers. Less chance of causing browning when running into raw cottons, and cotton blends.

To be honest upholstery is so thin, you don't need as much nuking power that you do with carpet. I usually prespray all upholstery(provided it can be cleaned with water soluble products) with the same thing. Just on the dirtier ones, I give them a bit more agitation with a horse hair brush, and towel them off before and after I rinse.

Sometimes I'll add a bit of solvent to break the oils up better, or a bit of oxygen to help break up drink and food spills.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
you use oxygen on upholstery?
I am wanting to implement that but i am scared to discolor stuff. How do you do it?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You really shouldn't use an enzyme or an oxidizer on natural fibers. Like Hoody says use an acid side cleaner to stay safe. I use Chemeister's Preaction on wool rugs and carpets and most all upholstery except for those I'm sure are completely synthetic fiber and need a nuking

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
lust1kiddo said:
you use oxygen on upholstery?
I am wanting to implement that but i am scared to discolor stuff. How do you do it?

If you haven't taken an upholstery cleaning class I would suggest you do before mixing different chems for stronger reactions. You will learn the big do's and dont's on chemistry, or you should. There are some fabrics that will respond negatively to bleaching action whether it be by adding oxygen[alkaline](sodium percarbonate) or the reducing bleach[acid](sodium metabisulfite).

The only times I will add an oxygen booster is if its a synthetic piece that is absolutely trashed, and I have had the customer sign off on it, and explain I'm attempting to restore the piece with their permission. Or if I'm correcting cellulosic browning which can occur from cotton fabrics being left too wet, or using too high of a pH on it, and then I also have them sign off on it too.

If you haven't used oxygen or reducing bleaches on upholstery, I suggest you get some different fabric scraps, and test on them before trying them on a clients upholstery.

If you'd like you can PM me your number, and I'd be happy to chat a bit more about this with you.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
thanks man. I honestly dont use them because of what they do. Most blends have naturals in them and I know that any of the bleaches will cause havoc. I just thought you knew something about it i didnt. Most of the time i am cleaning microfiber when it comes to synthetics and it always cleans well.
Thanks for the help though bud.
Jarred

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom