Navajo? or not

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
They are part of a water loss. Are the the real thing? Can the bleeding be fix with a dye stripper? Should I try to clean them or sub'em to Lisa? There is 10 of them an vary in size from about 2 sq ft to 12 sq ft.
Thanks for your input.
Luis

Name
Ron lippold
From the heart of those don't mess with them, I don't even know if Lisa will mess with them. There is a guy at serafians and Rufus that would handle them, I would try but they are way better.

Mikey P

Administrator
You would try what Ron?

Seven coats of concrete sealer?

..Lol, I didn't know you are a rug f@g..

Call Ellen in Dallas, she has Navajo guy/ referral who can take care of them

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
The bleeding isn't that bad and can be fixed. If you have not done this before don't use these as teaching rug. Most experienced rugs shops can fix that for you.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Navajo rugs never lose value unlike the rest of the rugs. Get a hold if Robert Mann in Denver Colorado, he can take care of them and the repairs. He is the best and who Ellen sends problem Navajo rugs too.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
They appear to be real Navajo rugs. The problems are fixable with a competent washer /restorer as state Robert Mann is an excellent resource.

http://mannrugs.com/

Also Navajo rugs do loose their value at least around here

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Any idea on costs? Generally if its more than half the replacement costs insurance companies will replace unless of course the homeowner chooses to restore them.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I spoke with someone in Robert Mann's office and after seen the pictures he seems very confident that they can remove the damage caused by the water. The cleaning cost is $4.50 /sq ft as a courtesy to the trade, normal pricing is $6.00/sq ft. He will quote me the price to remove the bleeding as soon as he sees them in person. I will inform the insurance adjuster and he will make the decision. Mr Mann said they are indeed Navajo and one in the bunch is Chimayo. If I get approval I will post the after cleaning pictures later.
Thank you all,
Luis

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Is there a limit of attachment that we are allowed on the board? I am trying to post pictures of the rugs after cleaning and I keep getting an error message. That the file is to big even after resizing the pictures.
Luis

Back
Top Bottom