Need a decision on backup/additional TM

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
Hello a little over a year ago I was able to make the purchase on a ProChem Legend (1300hrs) suggested by Mikey's board vets and also to drop the porty ideas.
I've recently been recruited to take on quite a bit more commercial(office and restaurant) the Legend with #4 blower and low hrs has been very efficient for this 170-250ft commercial application I only run an AW29 with 3 flow but get 4 foot steam clouds and 2hr dry times.
In a perfect world I'd just get an additional ProChem and call it a day for the additional crew and backup system...But I still want to eat so through subbing for other cleaners I have the following ideas for backup:

1.) I have an additional roots 45. Could use this with a (400hr) Predator 22 hp and place in E-150. With waste tank and hoses could have #4 blower performance for less than $5k

2.) Get an 05' Hydramaster Spitfire 16hp, 33RAI Only use this at 150ft or less don't think I can run 45 blower with 16hp but I do have diesel heater that gets 210 all day and could bypass system on spitfire for heat upgrade?

appreciate the encouragement for getting on with the ProChem! I don't think there should ever be a blanket cfm/lift rating for both ETM and Fuel TM!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Consider 4 flow and a set of my Extender Benders for your AW29, which create a better flush and less penetration of the carpet backing.

And have you looked into Low Moisture systems for your office carpet projects?

Reactions: bmxin

Mikey P

Administrator

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Hello a little over a year ago I was able to make the purchase on a ProChem Legend (1300hrs) suggested by Mikey's board vets and also to drop the porty ideas.
I've recently been recruited to take on quite a bit more commercial(office and restaurant) the Legend with #4 blower and low hrs has been very efficient for this 170-250ft commercial application I only run an AW29 with 3 flow but get 4 foot steam clouds and 2hr dry times.
In a perfect world I'd just get an additional ProChem and call it a day for the additional crew and backup system...But I still want to eat so through subbing for other cleaners I have the following ideas for backup:

1.) I have an additional roots 45. Could use this with a (400hr) Predator 22 hp and place in E-150. With waste tank and hoses could have #4 blower performance for less than $5k

2.) Get an 05' Hydramaster Spitfire 16hp, 33RAI Only use this at 150ft or less don't think I can run 45 blower with 16hp but I do have diesel heater that gets 210 all day and could bypass system on spitfire for heat upgrade?

appreciate the encouragement for getting on with the ProChem! I don't think there should ever be a blanket cfm/lift rating for both ETM and Fuel TM!!

Before you purchase something more than 10 years old, be sure that parts are still available.

We have a few units in my service department now that I cannot get the original manufacturer's parts for, or that have engines that are no longer available, and can't be fixed. The buyers bought these used and didn't know.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You can’t get the heat exchangers on the little 3.2. You can everything else cause it’s simple. Putting a bigger blower than the design would be fruitless imo. I’ve run one with a little giant after the exchanger went out and the heat was good. But, there’s other
used machines out there that would be better
for commercial. A Cimex😉😉

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
Besides having chemical (pro's choice, DSC) the must is my minuteman 175 from 1975🤔
-Mike, I saw the video, thanks! And I've got 12 different pad combos using with Pros choice Brush/bonnet cleaner spiked with peroxy.

The mechanics at Jon Don did say they got a few White Magic commander going really good but as Kenny said when HX goes don't mess with and use inline fuel fired heat(My plan would be the hydrotek hot link with low flow switch)
I use my ProChem with #4 blower and 2.5" hose for first 50' (Rob Allen gem) and it's a good mix of extra power, heat, and being able to work on it (belts, HX, tuneup) I can do all those things with a spitfire except the power part so the White Magic Commander with Roots 45 and Inline Hot link may be it Or are there any successful scratch builds here? Using Honda or Predator engine

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

The 33 blower is no good. Stick with sutorbilt 4 or roots 45. Up your jets to a 4-6 flow. Will save time cleaning and will only increase dry times a little. I normally use 6 flow on the truck and 3-4 flow on portables.

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
The 33 blower is no good. Stick with sutorbilt 4 or roots 45. Up your jets to a 4-6 flow. Will save time cleaning and will only increase dry times a little. I normally use 6 flow on the truck and 3-4 flow on portables.
What is your current TM? It seems like there should be a lot of custom builds out there for legit backups:
1.) Waste tank with 2.5" plumbing

2.) Honda GX series 23hp
3.) 45 or 47 blower
4.) Pump 3-4 gpm/1200psi
5.) Throw out the inline heater idea(LG, Diesel) and capture all the recycled heat exhaust&from blower in a barrel HX (Amtex or blue baron)
6.) All misc couplers high temp water return hoses, etc from your local Parker Hydraulic
= or (< )than $7k

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
Another gem- I did pickup this OG Hydramaster "look a like"

I used this on a restaurant that had 8+ patches of grease that was asphalt solid(they need tile clean) ThisHM wand is very underrated. Sub 8lbs Factory glide, Single T jet 8006 that still gets steam cloud. There's no bend at the base which actually eliminates the choke.
The job though couldn't have been more efficient, pretreater on 115psi with CTI firestorm, no rake/zero agitation just extract and rinse the brown waterfalls. Post spray with acid rinse.

Mikey P

Administrator
I’ll give you that
I also invented 5-to-1.5-to- the Cabin... PXL_20230712_204950629~2.jpgPXL_20230712_223952106~2.jpgPXL_20230712_224445728.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
That hose clamp let loose on me today due to the high volume in the lake and knocked me over just like Charlton Heston in planet of the apes, who ironically has slept at our cabin before, so I use that industrial strength baling wire to assure that wouldn't happen again

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Currently, I have a Prochem Apex
What is your current TM? It seems like there should be a lot of custom builds out there for legit backups:
1.) Waste tank with 2.5" plumbing

2.) Honda GX series 23hp
3.) 45 or 47 blower
4.) Pump 3-4 gpm/1200psi
5.) Throw out the inline heater idea(LG, Diesel) and capture all the recycled heat exhaust&from blower in a barrel HX (Amtex or blue baron)
6.) All misc couplers high temp water return hoses, etc from your local Parker Hydraulic
= or (< )than $7k
, 47 blower and a Hydramaster 4.2 cds. One of my favorite trucks is one I built and had built. 18 hp Honda motor, sutorbilt 4 mp blower, cat pump and lg propane heater. I put over 5000 hours on it before I rebuilt the Honda. Ultra reliable, very few repairs. A lot of people have built similar units.

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
I'd run a LX specced porty all day every day before I considered a spit-tired TM

If for predominately commercial that you are looking, then I'd be adding an OP machineI have a Mytee Breeze LX! Since Mytees change in ownership I believe their quality has taken a dive. PVC Stack pipe silicone at bottom curled up had some slight leakage took out vac motor #1.

I just ordered 2 vac motors have the piglet filters, inline filter, defoamer. May have to engineer an Additional vac motor on unit so it can dry carpets @200ft. Also have the hydrotek hot link I'll need a 9000kw generator😩.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just ordered 2 vac motors have the piglet filters, inline filter, defoamer. May have to engineer an Additional vac motor on unit so it can dry carpets @200ft. Also have the hydrotek hot link I'll need a 9000kw generator😩.
Is it a hobby or a business? If it's a business, just spend the money on a good truck mount or a big portable and use your spare time wisely.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I got my old Thermalwave that Im gonna have to part with. It wont die. It is bastardized but runs like new. Need to make room for a new one soon. 2005 with the original GMC 3500 that wont die either. Good news, new tires.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom