Need a Fuel Pump for..........

RichardnTn

a 25 HP Kohler.... I am at presently using the diaphragm pump that on the motor but am going to add a 12vdc pump. I did a search but didn't come up with anything.I have always used Bosch in the past but I remember someone mentioning one that was available at Advance...Tnx Richard

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
If it is like the one on my 15 horse Kohler any parts store should have it for about 30-35 dollars.

Go to advanced auto parts and get their cheap electric fuel pump($40) and then get the small regulator with the round adjustment knob. Pump goes close to tank, then up to the engine, place reg close to engine, then to carb. Set reg to 1.5 pounds. Hook pump up to the key on position. If you would like to get fancy, run ground wire through an oil pressure switch (no pressure, no fuel) Put a push button switch to ground of pump for bypass to start.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Richard;

This is the one that we have:
facetpump.gif

Several brands look alike. You need the lowest pressure model- 2 PSI.

The regulator Harley mentioned will fail with alcohol blends.

Larry Cobb

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Richard, that's the one that NAPA sells.
(the one Larry pictured)
Think the last one I bought was around $30 bucks.

Don't recall what PSI it was/is.
Thought it was 4psi.
But have been using the same one for years.
The one before was the same and lasted 6 or 7 years

..L.T.A.

G

Speedway has them also. They give one a year warranty on everything they sell too.

Chad

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Make sure you get the low pressure unit like Larry mentions. Facet has an identical looking one with a much higher pressure that will push fuel past the valve in the dinky float bowl in the carb of that kohler. Excess fuel then contaminates the oil at a minimum, and can also fill the cylinders and even bend a conn rod upon turning over.

Back
Top Bottom