need a new chimp?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I was at TCS last week. The word there was that Coles subs have been coming through there saying he gave them no warning. They all showed up one morning and found out he was shutting down ... That day ... Right then!

Doesn't sound like a person who "appreciates" his people.

There was no good way to shut down. Having angry and frightened and desperate subcontractors work 10000 mores jobs over the next 30 days would have been an intolerable risk.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
There was no good way to shut down. Having angry and frightened and desperate subcontractors work 10000 mores jobs over the next 30 days would have been an intolerable risk.

Dammit art, hate when you make so much sense.... :winky:

F

FB7777

C'mon Cole, fess up and show us all the State Attorney General's letter demanding you pack up and get outta Dodge
:evil::very_drunk:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I live in the black belt. (Descriptive of our soil, not our racial makeup.) We are a poor area with lots of small businesses employing low wage earners. Our news is full of stories of small guys going out of business who give their employees warning.

You only run out of Dodge without taking care of your employees for two reasons:

Either you have the Olsen view that all cleaners are untrustworthy.

Or, you're running from something.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I live in the black belt. (Descriptive of our soil, not our racial makeup. We are a poor area with lots of small businesses employing low wage earners. Our news is full if stories of small guys going out if business who give their employees warning.

You only run out of Dodge without taking care of your employees for two reasons:

Atlanta and Tampa are not Hooterville.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I live in the black belt. (Descriptive of our soil, not our racial makeup.) We are a poor area with lots of small businesses employing low wage earners. Our news is full of stories of small guys going out of business who give their employees warning.

Who said I didn't give "employees" notice ? All received notice.
Most Contractors did not as they are contractors and work when you give them work ( if you have work for them that day). Key ones that had been with me for More than 5 years were notified in advance as well. Some left some stayed. This have them the opportunity to look for work elsewhere before the market got flooded with out if work cleaners :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
Who said I didn't give "employees" notice ? All received notice.
Most Contractors did not as they are contractors and work when you give them work ( if you have work for them that day). Key ones that had been with me for More than 5 years were notified in advance as well. Some left some stayed. This have them the opportunity to look for work elsewhere before the market got flooded with out if work cleaners :)

Well good.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If anything, this has to be a good thing for the market as a lower entry level company that had a large amount of work is no longer in play. The market can adjust to a higher price model as a result of this and if played out well, could be a very good thing for most of the owner ops in the area.

Contractor are contractors, they do not need advance warning. I will say it sucks if said contractors just purchased a new setup based on Gregg's workload and now don't have the work to pay for their units.

I hope it doesn't take the opposite affect and have these guys desperate and just giving their services away for free just to eat or feed their families.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I'm shocked you guys have lasted this long, only a matter of time before the flood gates open.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom