Need a new give away spottter.....jon don is crazy

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Chris Adkins said:
randy said:
The biggest scam in the world: Convince a bunch of dumb ass carpet cleaners that they need to GIVE AWAY what you SELL THEM. :roll:

Give away thousands in spotter and it still won't do a dam thing for your business.

Our customers really like the spotters, weve been doing it consistently for every customer for 3 years now and its been very good for us.

so do they comment on it???

do you feel it has helped you retain more then if not??

does it seem to cause them to call for service sooner then they normally would....Like they go to clean a spill, and are out of the spotter....and then are like...."oh damn i am out i better call him...get it cleaned and get some more!!!"

Chris A

Name
Chris
floorguy said:
Chris Adkins said:
randy said:
The biggest scam in the world: Convince a bunch of dumb ass carpet cleaners that they need to GIVE AWAY what you SELL THEM. :roll:

Give away thousands in spotter and it still won't do a dam thing for your business.

Our customers really like the spotters, weve been doing it consistently for every customer for 3 years now and its been very good for us.

so do they comment on it??? Constantly, they say it works better than anything theyve ever used

do you feel it has helped you retain more then if not?? Definitely, its a big part of our past customer marketing.

does it seem to cause them to call for service sooner then they normally would....Like they go to clean a spill, and are out of the spotter....and then are like...."oh damn i am out i better call him...get it cleaned and get some more!!!"
Weve heard that a few times, but I think it just keeps our name in front of our clients and reminds them who we are whenever your ready.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Joey with Vacaway being there in Nashville why wouldn't you just use them?

Steve Smith makes great products and they custom make labels for you. I'd check them out! 8)

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I've had 4 calls this week (only tuesday) asking for their free refill. I use Jon Don and Interlink, but I don't provide the free lifetime refills anymore. nothing wrong with it, good marketing, but i like to give them out as a thank you. some of those folks calling haven't cleaned in two years. some told me it was time to clean their carpets and they would call me, but they needed the spotter now.

amygeorge

hogjowl

Idiot™
amygeorge said:
I've had 4 calls this week (only tuesday) asking for their free refill. I use Jon Don and Interlink, but I don't provide the free lifetime refills anymore. nothing wrong with it, good marketing, but i like to give them out as a thank you. some of those folks calling haven't cleaned in two years. some told me it was time to clean their carpets and they would call me, but they needed the spotter now.

amygeorge

I agree. I will charge for refills if they are a once every now and again customer. Regulars ... well that's another thing all together.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats what i was wondering....

i would do it that way to...free for repeats within a year...other wise $5 or something

mcatt

Name
Mike
I was thinking the same thing regarding free refills. I think I am just going to offer free refills at their next cleaning. This will be more incentive to clean more regularly.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I dropped off 4 bottles for free today for custys who called and wanted more. And one gave me brownies... She said their special brownies... I accepted then threw them out the car window. My god shes like 70

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
joeynbgky said:
I dropped off 4 bottles for free today for custys who called and wanted more. And one gave me brownies... She said their special brownies... I accepted then threw them out the car window. My god shes like 70

What a ass!!

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Im always scared to get the spotters and leave them with clients because if they **** shit up with them..they WILL blame me..my name is on the bottle. When I'm cleaning, I use avenge..and I like it. I dont tell them to use anything..because if its gonna be my ass, i want it to come from my hand.

randy

Name
Randy
People love free stuff for sure, especially liberals. Anything that is free will be abused and over used. Customers will have you running around delivering spotter, complete waste of time. If you guys have time for this shit you are doing something very wrong in your business. What happens when you grow a bit and have to hire someone to handle free refills ? Still a great idea ? Will those same customers still love the spotter when you are selling it in a 32 oz bottle for $12 ? (answer yes, 20 % will buy it). But then again why not just clean their carpets for free, they will love that. Tell all their neighbors about you. :roll:

It's not marketing if it's free. They didn't buy it, you did. shiteatinggrin

A refrigerator magnet or label on their vacuum cleaner will keep your name out there much better and for 5-20 cents with no running around for refills. This isn't a 5 cent refill on a coke folks every bottle you hand out is like 1.15 -1.50 When their toddler drinks it because it doesn't have a child proof cap it will cost you even more.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
joeynbgky said:
... She said their special brownies... I accepted then threw them out the car window.
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Old lady hash brownies is a once in a lifetime gift and you go and throw them out the window...........Dumbass :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom