Need a Stair Tool

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Which stair wands are yall happy with? I've been using an ancient Hydraforce single-jet tool with GG hole glide forever. Jet is worn out and I can't find a replacement. I've been using my Mach12 with hole glide recently because it's lightweight and works well, but is cumbersome in tight spaces. Prochem short or long handle? Evolution? Swively-type?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Our guys like the cheap Asian-sourced tools because they're light, but they require a lot of repair. Next purchase will likely be Evolutions.

Reactions: Johnny

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
CE8A6EC4-BBB7-4C7D-B058-52CC582D5187.jpeg
Devastator. 2x14 stair tool. Once you talk your way into the cone of communication, you might get one.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I hate them all..

But the Evolution is the least hated.

Probably cant find one, make me an offer...
Cool. I'll take it off your hands. Phone me for card number, or venmo, or whatever works for you.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have one “Saigerized” PMF swivel too and another straight tube stair wand from where I don’t know. I’m not overly in love with either one.
If I had my choice, I’d have a hand tool with a head the width of a standard size riser.
I just picked up a hand tool like that. Has a low pressure valve on it right now but perfect size for risers. Uses a flood jet. I will swap out the low pressure for a truck mount valve and see how it is. I would rather switch tools than have to reverse a stair tool for the risers.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
View attachment 112323
Devastator. 2x14 stair tool. Once you talk your way into the cone of communication, you might get one.

That's the winner right there--I wish it was available but the 12 might be easier to use.-- I have almost the same wand but it's a Dang version and due to my neglect the swivel isn't as tight as I'd like.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Mikey P

Administrator
Website says in stock but I haven't verified. Why do you want to sell your least-hated stair tool?
Honestly, I prefer to use the Dev 12, and in just don't see many stairs.

Most of which are in Lake Tahoe and most of which are on the outside of the house...

$250?

Give me your address and I'll get you a shipping quote which will be greatly reduced over what you buy from UPS or USPS

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Honestly, I prefer to use the Dev 12, and in just don't see many stairs.

Most of which are in Lake Tahoe and most of which are on the outside of the house...

$250?

Give me your address and I'll get you a shipping quote which will be greatly reduced over what you buy from UPS or USPS
Sure, thanks.

Mikey P

Administrator
This is what I am going to use for risers. I will swap the low pressure valve, get rid of the bulky qd's and brass, install a slim pressure hose similar to what you find on an upholstery tool. About a 6 foot line with a qd.

View attachment 112340 View attachment 112341
While being an ogre can be a pain in the ass, it's certainly has its benefit when it comes to cleaning staircases

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom