need a TM installed in a Passenger van

Buck1955

Name
John
Looking for options. 2012 Chevy Express extended passenger van. My White magic 1200 wont work due to rear seat rails. Any distributors that have installed either a direct drive or slide in with tanks, please let me know.

Thanks,

Buck

Reactions: John Olson

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm not familiar with the seat rails in an Express.Do they make the space uneven for install? Can't you just remove them? How about put down a plywood floor with indentations or cut outs to accommodate the rails. May have to adjust for the added height.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
John just to let you know some of those passenger vans have safety shut offs. Matt King put a direct drive in one and had to pull it out because the van kept shutting off. Matt King could fix anything but he could not fix this. After hearing about this nightmare I would not put a direct drive in a passenger van.

Golden Boy

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I just finished a Slide in install, along with a Pumptech over the wheel well 110 gallon tank in a GMC 15 Passenger Van.

I really wanted to take out the rails but it is impossible to get to all the bolts on the rails unless you take down all the heat shields underneath which is a PIA.

I ended up installing 2 X 4's between the rails every 16 inches for additional support, then installing a 3/4" plywood floor.
Then I put the machine and tanks in.

Buck1955

Name
John
Thanks guys, Due to the enormous hassles with this, I'll have to sell it and get a cargo van, way too many concerns. Too bad cause a passenger van is 10K less with more bells and whistles.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Buck I know but they work perfect thats why I have a slide in on one. All the seat belts work great for hanging wands and hoses. LOL.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom