need another wand....

Name
I'm Rick James
Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
best one...best price....who has one.........

best wand for best price , is still the AW29/style
Light, small, nimble and a great cleaning wand with 06 flow @ 350 psi .
(a Ti has to be at 10 flow and 450 to equal and surpass the AW29 @ 6 flow/350)
Great flush/rinse capacity at that rate, and dry times as good as any wand glided or non...
ASSuming good wand technique and enough suck'n airflow under the hood

I "know" this from personal experience, Jim ..not speculation

Pros;

inexpensive ...300 bukx
Light
Nimble
Great flush and cleaning ability
good dry times
Not a "man killer" unglided (actually pushes very well w/o glide)
Better agitation because it CAN be pushed w/o glide

cons;
Not a "designer de jour" wand ...no prestige...just an ordinary "ho-hum" wand

Not a "lifetime" wand , if you're not a "bare down on the wand" chop stroking, soap slingin' ' cleaner, the wand will last many, many years with normal maintenance before it becomes scrap....which is when it breaks at tube and head weld .
But hey, it's "cheap" and should last a good 10-12 years and more...go get a branspAnkin shinny new one

not low profile (the biggest wart of the wand to me)
After using PC's lo-pro wand for so long , it's hard to go back to any other wand .
Dare i say it... Prochem's wand head design is THE Perfectus Maximus
...bulletproof rugged, perfect shear angle, shape and height, tube...AND a "forever" wand ....

what I'm trying to say, Jim, wands come in lots of styles, shapes and sizes .
but there's really on two wands in the world I think are worth a chit ...

The AW29 and clones...because they're a great cleaning CHEAP wand (kind of like my Bissel Momentum's) :rockon:
or you by-pass the middle that is filled with "mediocre" wands up to but not excluding some de jour wands ...
OR...by-pass the middle and go straight to the top with a Prochem lo-pro ...either steel or Ti (Greenglide is mandatory for Ti and needed on steel) ....

PC lo-pro....they're just thatfckingood, Bro ...period

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I really like my VT14. My back really likes my VT14. Much nicer than the PC quad that I've pushed far too long.

Mikey P

Administrator
best wand for best price , is still the AW29/style
Light, small, nimble and a great cleaning wand with 06 flow @ 350 psi .
(a Ti has to be at 10 flow and 450 to equal and surpass the AW29 @ 6 flow/350)
Great flush/rinse capacity at that rate, and dry times as good as any wand glided or non...
ASSuming good wand technique and enough suck'n airflow under the hood

I "know" this from personal experience, Jim ..not speculation

Pros;

inexpensive ...300 bukx
Light
Nimble
Great flush and cleaning ability
good dry times
Not a "man killer" unglided (actually pushes very well w/o glide)
Better agitation because it CAN be pushed w/o glide

cons;
Not a "designer de jour" wand ...no prestige...just an ordinary "ho-hum" wand
You must stand five foot six and be sporting at least a 7 inch mullet to pull that wand.
Not a "lifetime" wand , if you're not a "bare down on the wand" chop stroking, soap slingin' ' cleaner, the wand will last many, many years with normal maintenance before it becomes scrap....which is when it breaks at tube and head weld .
But hey, it's "cheap" and should last a good 10-12 years and more...go get a branspAnkin shinny new one

not low profile (the biggest wart of the wand to me)
After using PC's lo-pro wand for so long , it's hard to go back to any other wand .
Dare i say it... Prochem's wand head design is THE Perfectus Maximus
...bulletproof rugged, perfect shear angle, shape and height, tube...AND a "forever" wand ....

what I'm trying to say, Jim, wands come in lots of styles, shapes and sizes .
but there's really on two wands in the world I think are worth a chit ...

The AW29 and clones...because they're a great cleaning CHEAP wand (kind of like my Bissel Momentum's) :rockon:
or you by-pass the middle that is filled with "mediocre" wands up to but not excluding some de jour wands ...
OR...by-pass the middle and go straight to the top with a Prochem lo-pro ...either steel or Ti (Greenglide is mandatory for Ti and needed on steel) ....

PC lo-pro....they're just thatfckingood, Bro ...period

..L.T.A.

I have one.

No way would I use it as my everyday wand.
Too narrow, too short, too light.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I had one and wouldn't use it. The reason it's easy to push is it doesn't move much air. I used a ti wand or a 14" GH.

Jim,

Just DON'T get anything made by Vinus Trading or plastic headed. Otherwise, you're a smart guy and I have no doubt you can find you something good.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lisa, I thought you used a dual head Rotovac when you were a full time cleaner?

..L.T.A.

yeah, i had and loved my RV, but i had a lot of wands over the 18 years I cleaned - from a single jet magnesium Bane/Castex knock off, several AW29 type wands, a lovely PMF500 series with a 12" head and 2" tube, and the best and last were my GH and my Ti. 1-1/2" floor wands are toys for your kids.

Here I was using one of the AW29 knockoff's that one is actually made by PMF:

View attachment 466

It even has a Ken Harris designed Hydroforce glide on it.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Eric Valentine
I agree that AW29 wands are toys. On one restaurant I clean, I had to use the AW29 wand with a hole glide at about 150 psi (I was having a problem with the pressure regulator, so I couldn't get above 150 psi). Even with 4 dry strokes, the carpet was wet the next morning. Same truckmount and hoses @ 500 psi and a hole GG had the carpet dry in about 3 hours. The Bentley wand also reads about 1" lower vacuum while not on the carpet, showing more airflow. On the carpet, the Bentley has 1.5-2" HIGHER vacuum readings, and is a hell of a lot harder to push and pull on the carpet (both wands are about the same effort with the vacuum hose not hooked to the TM)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if you're used to large wand, it does feel like a toy .
But it's not
get rid of the glide , it doesn't need one and doesn't do a thing for it's performance
Average dry times for us when we used them regularly are no more or less than out glided Ti
average dry times in the 3 to 6 hour range*

*that's average dry times the way most call "dry" around here

..l.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, i had and loved my RV, but i had a lot of wands over the 18 years I cleaned - from a single jet magnesium Bane/Castex knock off, several AW29 type wands, a lovely PMF500 series with a 12" head and 2" tube, and the best and last were my GH and my Ti. 1-1/2" floor wands are toys for your kids.

Here I was using one of the AW29 knockoff's that one is actually made by PMF:

View attachment 466

It even has a Ken Harris designed Hydroforce glide on it.

Take care,
Lisa

What year was that pic taken?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I've always been a sucker for a blond......:errf:

BTW, check this out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/carpet-wand...622?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec04dd00e

under a hunnert and fiddy to your door
Buy several rebuild kits
That valve won't last near as long as a PC or brass Westpac valve , but the rebuild kits are cheap (6-7 bukz i think) and super quick/easy to rebuild

..l.T.A.

OH god, no. That is one of those Vietnamese AW29 knock-off Vinus trading wands.....just say NO!

BTW - Kingston valves will last longer than WP...the soft, feather touch that makes them so nice to use makes you go through kits like crazy. PC valves last forever, but they are stiff.

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
12" CMP 4 Jet Wand 2" Stock is only $397 and i'll' ship it free. Ergo Ti wand $1400 delivered TI wand $1250 Delivered

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom