Need Grease tracking solution advise

Name
BradFenstermaker
This a client that I lost for a few years ago. Now they have requested our service back. In the past and present grease tracking has been a problem at this kitchen area.

Used to have a rubber floor and use Ecolab wash/walk to clean kitchen floors everyday and nite. Now I find last nite they have invested in the what looks like a epoxy bedliner covering on the floor. Rouch texture

They have switched kitchen cleaner and squeegee to drain but still tracking a ton of grease out.

These pictures where after I presprayed so you can see how much is piling up in 2 wks.

I want recommendations from other restaurant cleaners that may have advise to pass along to management team.

image_zps7d718cab.jpg

The new floor, the tile is about 3 ft they pass over. there putting a rubber backed mat down on the tile. Once the carpet gets pretty tracked up they lay another mat over the grease/carpet.

image_zpsdcb043ac.jpg

Thanks

Name
Nate W.
Give them a bid on cleaning the tile too. Most of the time they just do the "slosh the grease around with a mop". Get the tile clean and have them rotate mats more frequently.

Reactions: steve_64

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
My solution is to offer a high traffic only cleaning at a minimum trip charge to get that particular area cleaned more often. I usually require a key and alarm code. Some places are just architecturally designed to be nightmares for the carpet. If every employee that walks in the kitchen passes that same small area it is inevitable that the small area will have an inordinate amount of grease compared to the rest of the place. I clean some restaurants on a weekly basis hitting only traffic areas 2 or 3 times before a full cleaning. Mats work but tend to be trip hazards. Keeping servers out of the cooking area and cooks out of the dining area is another option.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks I have offered more frequent cleanings and the mat thing over the yrs.

I quess I am wondering what other cleaner their kitchen staff can use to remove more grease.

At nite after they close and clean it's still very slippery. Still grease on their floor

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Clean it best you can, if they don't want to clean it more often to keep it better looking, then they need to clean better in the kitchen.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Most of the time the mop water is not changed after each use, and they are mopping the floor with a bucket of cold water, detergent, and grease, which just makes it worse. Check to see if they are doing that or not. In many cases if they would dump the bucket after each use, and use fresh hot water and detergent for each mopping they would be ahead.

All other advise previously given is great as well.

steve_64

Most of the time the mop water is not changed after each use, and they are mopping the floor with a bucket of cold water, detergent, and grease, which just makes it worse. Check to see if they are doing that or not. In many cases if they would dump the bucket after each use, and use fresh hot water and detergent for each mopping they would be ahead.

and use some elbow grease. too many people just drag a mop over an area without ever scrubbing with it.
i also slide a green pad between the mop and the clamp for the tougher spots, it also protects the mop head, making it last longer.

Name
Nate W.

Too bad most will continue to do it "their way". It needs to be introduced to the employee's when first hired, or there just pissing in the wind.

We've been seeing either grease filled where grout lines are supposed to be, or no grout at all in some cases.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When I was a teen we used to do a barbecue restaurant that just generated grease. Traffic areas were always caked on thick with grease. We had to use a 175 with a stiff brush to shower feed a degreaser, just to bust it up.

It cleaned up great but every time we cleaned it (monthly) she was just as full of grease as the last.
I'm not sure that you can control it in some of those pits. Run a bonnet over it at least once a week maybe?

Even the tables and chairs were sticky with greasy film.....they did have the best barbecue in town at the time. :errf:

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
yep
we had a rest we did and management changed
i told them to change their mop water and keep the back of the house cleaner and they did
the carpet looks 100 percent better now
back of the house has to change for this to work must stay on top of the floors

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom