Need help finding parts Vortex 777

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I need to find the following: pillow bearings for the pto shaft
pto rebuild kit or at least the bearings for the pto
the vac pod for the diverter valve.
i know i can call areo but some of these parts may be found elseware for much less.
any ideas would be great.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
jr2748 said:
I need to find the following: pillow bearings for the pto shaft
pto rebuild kit or at least the bearings for the pto
the vac pod for the diverter valve.
i know i can call areo but some of these parts may be found elseware for much less.
any ideas would be great.

the pillow bearings..would be easier to find once you pull it and get the number off the race......normally these type of bearings spin out of the housing and you can replace just them cheaper then the entire set up......when you look at the housing that it sits in you will notice 2 notches on it.....I normally clamp the bearing to a table and put a small bar in the hole and push down.....this will spin the entire race...line it up with the notches and tap it out....numbers are stamped on the outside of the race.....or.......you can just buy the entire assembly....

the PTO bearings....I am assuming the ones on the PTO shaft....I took mine down and matched them up at auto zone....just make sure you get one with a grease fitting...don't get the non grease type.....

the vac pod on the diverter valve...you really only have 2 choices that I am aware of....Aero Tech....or you might want to try this place....

http://www.tomsudtruckparts.com/

if it is the same vacuum pod that was on my 6008...it should be the same unit that is on the flapper on the exhaust break system.....

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Thanks Jim,
the pillow bearings i will look into you idea of replaceing the bearing only. On the pto bearings i am reffering to the actual pto itself not the Ujoints. i have play in the shaft entering the pto.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
By the way, yes the pic i have posted is photoshoped. i could not find nice pics of the ud and want my logos and stuff to look clean and not homemade, or at least that is what i am shooting for. thanks for the help guys.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Jim,
i looked and found the vac pod at the ud truck parts site you sent me to. Those guys at aero use the pod from the jake brake lol. only one prob i have to buy the complete jake brake for 900 bucks? they dont sell the pod seprate hmmm. guess i will have to call areo lol. unless someone has one here.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
your best bet is just to call A/T.......that is where I got mine and they sold me just the vac pod.....

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Hi all, I just finished putting my Vortex 777 back together. I would like to thank Ron Beatty, Jim Martin and Michael Lockhart. Ron for his time and telling me about Michael and Jim. Mike and Jim you guys really know your Vortex I know I pestered you guys to death but I was desperate. Thank you very much all of you. Ok to what I fixed lol. As you guys remember I was getting a weird noise from my truck. It was narrowed down to either the PTO the pillow block bearings or the blower bearings. I know it could have been several other things but the noise was heard best by those components so that’s where I concentrated my efforts. I loosened the belts on the lower pulley and turned the drive shaft and the noise was felt in the PTO. I was able to move the PTO shaft up and down and after I removed the pto drive shaft I was able to turn the pto and hear the noise. I replaced the rear pto bearing and started the truck. Guys I never heard it sound so quite, it is like a new truck. That bearing was bad from the day I got it a year ago. The pto bearing part number is 550010 Ball Bearing (Output Shaft) the numbers on the actual bearing are 6207 Z.H.B. FAG. Get new seals and gaskets too. Mine is a Parker Hannifin Corporation Chelsea pto model 270 series pto. http://www.randysdriveshaft.com/pdf/270parts.pdf . I also replaced my u-joints the part number for those where Duralast 1-0278DL. I hope this helps someone else that runs into the same problem. I know how frustrating it is to fix your truck when you can’t find the parts or help. This is a great place to find help with your carpet cleaning truck I am glad I found it, Thanks again guys for your help.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I found a way to get the vac pod or better known as Chamber Assy. Ud has this chamber ass. as part of the jake brake assy. but list no part number for it. they say you can only buy the whole assembly. but the part is actually listed as a seprate part in another parts sheet. any how the part number for the vac pod from UD is 20308-T9002 hope that helps anyone else needing the vortex exhaust diverter valve vac pod. this website has if for about $120
https://www.udistore.com/dealerHome.asp ... ODE=p0833p

Bob Foster

Check in Arizona. Lots of obsolete aluminum stuff gets parked there.

lotsofplanes.jpg

Bob Foster

AJ RUIZ said:
I am laughing all the way to the bank lol

j/k That's all that matters. Areotech is still making them and that says something. I don't imagine they are selling too many though because of the economy.

It will be interesting to see the next generation big machine.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
From what I hear aero has sold and has large orders for their trucks from Cintas. They have launched a carpet cleaning division add on to their uniform business. I m curious to see what happens with that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
AJ RUIZ said:
I found a way to get the vac pod or better known as Chamber Assy. Ud has this chamber ass. as part of the jake brake assy. but list no part number for it. they say you can only buy the whole assembly. but the part is actually listed as a seprate part in another parts sheet. any how the part number for the vac pod from UD is 20308-T9002 hope that helps anyone else needing the vortex exhaust diverter valve vac pod. this website has if for about $120
https://www.udistore.com/dealerHome.asp ... ODE=p0833p

FMI can also tell you some great Vortex stories!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom