Need help finding this wand

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I've decided to get a new wand but the dealer that usually has it is out of stock does anyone know of a supplier that carries them? Thanks

AMF 14" Low Profile Wands, 4 Jet,1-3/4" Tube w/2"Adapter

4wand.jpg

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Right now I cant spend the $730 that a greenhorn costs. From what I'm told the Amfs are a knockoff of prochem wands and well constructed. I like how the wand head is designed, the way the tube flows into the head rather that hitting a 90 deg wall.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I think John at Superior Cleaning Solutions is carrying them. I'm not at work, so I don't have his number handy, but he is a regular poster here. Great people who will give you good service. Others may carry it as well, but I know he does.

What was it that made you decide on that wand in particular?

I also know Andrew Lawrence has a used one, and might consider selling his. If you're interested, pm me and I'll send you his contact info.

Take care,
Lisa

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
tman7;

One concern I would have with the AMF wand is the wide spacing between the two center jets.

Compare to the evenly-spaced 4 jet CMP:
14c.jpg

or the 5 jet CMP with Greenie mods:
14gwand2.jpg

They have similar specs and base wands wo/extras are slightly over $300.

Larry Cobb

TimP

I'd go greenhorn. By the time you add the wand and change the jets out to increase flow etc. I doubt you can beat the price and performance. Keep in mind the greenhorn is 2" and not 1.75. Don't think you need a smaller wand for a smaller blower get the bigger wand you'll have better dry times and better cleaning cause you can flush it better, since you have better recovery.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I have the 2" WITH a glide. It is a nice HEAVY wand. That's all I can say bad about it, that it is heavy. Did I mention it was heavy and I like it. It is a sturdy wand. The greenhorn/cmp wand is a lot lighter then the Amp wand.

Mister Sir

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
truckmount girl said:
I think John at Superior Cleaning Solutions is carrying them. I'm not at work, so I don't have his number handy, but he is a regular poster here. Great people who will give you good service. Others may carry it as well, but I know he does.

What was it that made you decide on that wand in particular?

I also know Andrew Lawrence has a used one, and might consider selling his. If you're interested, pm me and I'll send you his contact info.

Take care,
Lisa

First thing I like is THE PRICE! ATS had it for a little over $300 delivered. And second is all that room in that head, it can only help dry times. I was wavering between the 2 in and the 1.75 because of the grip issue. Don't get me wrong the Greenhorn looks like a sweet wand but $730 (glide and delivered) is a little steep for me right now.

TimP

I know how it can be hard to spend money when you're starting out. I'm in the same situation. I really want to buy some 2.5 hose and an adapter for my truck but I have over spent already. I know it will make a difference with dry times but I can't see spending the money till I start making a profit. Besides I have a list of supplies I need chems etc, that I have to have that will cost about 6-700 bucks. And the last two weeks of last month and this month have been pretty lousy. So I know how it is in your shoes. Good luck!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
tman7;

Another difference in the wand heads shown is the angle at the outer edges.

The AMF wand has a sharper angle which cuts down airflow at the edges.

The CMP designs flow air with less bend, which increases airflow and overall CFM.

Like you mentioned, we prefer the 1.75" tube for minimizing valve-operation hand stress.

Larry Cobb

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Larry Cobb said:
tman7;

Like you mentioned, we prefer the 1.75" tube for minimizing valve-operation hand stress.

Larry Cobb

Larry, have you changed to the feathertouch valve yet. The original valve on yours gave me a severe case of tendinitis till Greenie sent me a feathertouch

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom