Need help with some odor control pricing.

Motivated

I just attended odor control class last week and I get a call today already. (unrelated just coincidence)

They already know what they want done. (Cat pee is the problem)

They are hiring me to rip up the old carpet and pad. (stretched in app 12X22)

treat (clean) the affected areas (on concrete by the way)

Then seal the affected areas with an alcohal based pigmented shellac.

Having never done this before, what should I charge? what is the going rate for this? by hour? sq ft?

Can this be done in 1 day? cleaning then sealing or is there a wait time before I apply the sealer.

Also, they want to know how long after sealing they should wait before the installers put in the new carpet.

Any tips or product recommendations are appreciated.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You sould be able to perform this is one day, but it depends on how much you get into. If the pee is in the carpet only and localized to the middle of the area, one day no problem. If its around the edges then you have to be looking at tackstrip removal, possible baseboard removal and even see if the damage soaked in to the dry wall. How severe it is etc..

Motivated

sweendogg said:
You sould be able to perform this is one day, but it depends on how much you get into. If the pee is in the carpet only and localized to the middle of the area, one day no problem. If its around the edges then you have to be looking at tackstrip removal, possible baseboard removal and even see if the damage soaked in to the dry wall. How severe it is etc..

I am going to look at it on Mon. I have seen the location before because I am their carpet cleaner. The urine isnt on the walls or baseboards. (at least it wasnt last time i cleaned it) It has been about a year since my last visit so who knows. I just need some info so can give them a good estimate.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Break down the cost of the supplies it will take and how much to dispose of the carpet, clean your tools ext. And how much time it will take you. Then build in some profit. On these types of things since you really don't know what you are going to get into once the carpet is pulled up, Hourly plus supplies is pretty safe. And make sure the homeowner understands the limitations of quoting a price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom