need help

steampro

Name
Ryan
Ive got an 02 Vortex 777. Showed up for my first job the other day, hit the engage pto and let it sit idle for a few minutes while I set up. All of a sudden it shuts off, as if I just hit the pto stop button. So I started it back up and after about a minute it shut off again, and did this over and over again. So I had to leave.

I called Aerotech and they told me to check the waste float shut off switch. I checked it and the connections looked fine, but if I tapped it (on the outside of the tank) the pto would shut off. So I assumed that had to be it so I called them back and they told me which wires to cross to bypass it. I started it up and let it run for about 20 minutes and no shut off.

So I went to my next job and did the same thing, and after the pto was engaged and sat for about 5 minutes it shut off. I went out and checked the wires I crossed to make sure they hadnt come loose and they were fine. This time whenever I tried to start the pto back up it was having trouble starting, it would "click" a few times real fast and the guage lights would flash when it did, like there was a short. Now when it would start it would cut off after a few seconds.

Aerotech told me to check the wires on the solenoid next to the pto - they looked fine. The problem is that all of a sudden it seems to be fine, its not shutting off at all now. Ive got through three jobs now with no problem, which irritates me even more because I never actually found the problem and fixed it. Now Im worried this problem will pop up again at a very bad time.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what wires did they have you jump out...does the high level switch have a plug harness or is it hard wired all the way.......

which panel lights lit up ..

sounds to me like you have a lose wire somewhere or a bad/lose ground....

steampro

Name
Ryan
Jim,

There are 3 numbered wires that plug into the back of the high level switch.

As far as the lights that were flickering when it was having trouble starting, it was all of the gauge lights on the control panel. When you turn the on/off switch to on, all the guages light up (rpm, vac, psi). It does seem like a loose wire or bad connection or something but Ive checked everything I can see and everything seems fine.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Check your off/on switch for aloose ground??????????

If your gauges were flickering!!!! There is your short......

Vibration of your "V" could have loosened your ground wire on switch..

when the wires heat-up can cause a short also.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
open your panel and make sure all wires are seated and tight........

you have a lose wire or you have a ground that has rusted and lost connection.....

if this was a hot wire going to ground it should of blown the fuse so it lead me to believe one of the 2 above options..............

does the high level float unplug......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom