Need Manual for 6008 Blower

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
My wife and I have arrived back home from California safe and sound with our new "used" vortex. I am going through the equipment and changing oils etc etc and etc. I was wondering if anyone might know where I may find a manual for a 6008 blower and a cat pump (the cat is a 4.5 gph model)

Thanks Mikey P. for your suggestions on what to look for in the 2004 model.

Greenie

Hopefully she got equal wheel time, cause that passenger seat sucks. It's a funny thing, how hard would it have been to have two decent seats, I cna understand the middle spot, but 2 good seats shouldn't have been a problem.

Welcome back Billy, next time out west, give us a hollar before you leave. 8)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks AdvClean. I have alot of catching up to do.
Greenie I drove around 40 hours and she got 6 or so. Your right the drivers seat is much more comfortable!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
BLewis said:
My wife and I have arrived back home from California safe and sound with our new "used" vortex. I am going through the equipment and changing oils etc etc and etc. I was wondering if anyone might know where I may find a manual for a 6008 blower and a cat pump (the cat is a 4.5 gph model)

Thanks Mikey P. for your suggestions on what to look for in the 2004 model.

See I found it, Mikey made him buy the V. Sorry about that fuel pump! :)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Wow, this was a very old thread. I have all the manuals now.

For an update on the fuel pump. Talked with super on Friday, he quoted the new price (I won't even go into that) I told him no way. So he was to find out the price on a rebuild Monday and said he would call me Monday afternoon. I hadn't heard from him by 5pm so I called and he told me that he had thought about the truck all weekend and he had told me on Friday that it seemed like the timing was off on it, with the white exhaust and no power. So Monday they pulled it back into shop, cleared all the old codes and ran the dynastics a few more times and kept getting cam shaft timing sensor code. So he ordered one for it Monday and told me it would be in Tuesday or Wed. He left a message while I was at BNI meeting this am to call him back. I called back at 11am he explained to me that they had installed the sensor and it was purring like a kitten. WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! He wanted to keep it for the day to drive it some and check it out further. I hope to be picking her up Wed am. Keep your fingers crossed. Oh, by the way the sensor was $75 or so. I had told him (over and over) about my friend that had had two trucks with the same problems and that it was a eng. speed sensor fix both times. Thank you dealtimeman!

Oh, and by the way I didn't call Mikey until after I had bought it, cuz I knew he had the same model and could offer some real good advise on what I might need to look for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom