Need new flojet pump for fresh tank

TimP

Ok, I've determined my flojet pump is kaput. Did a job today and had no water, checked fresh tank and it was full. I have power to the pump. So I took the pump out to check the switch. Switch works just dandy, has continuity and no continuity when pressed in. I hooked the pump directly to a battery and it worked for a second then wont anymore. The motor has no continuity. I also noticed fluctuations when cleaning yesterday so I'm pretty sure it's the motor.

So that's the testing I went through.

Anyways. I'm looking at dultmier and have found some for around 90 bucks or so. It's a 45 psi 4.5 gpm pump model FJ4300-504 http://www.dultmeier.com/products/search/7491

This is the pump
IMG_20101126_172250.jpg

I think it will work but want to check with someone who probably knows.

I also need a new pump for my omni sprayer and want to convert it to a demand pump if possible. Any suggestions for a replacement pump for the omni also?

TimP

sweendogg said:
Make sure that your pump pressure tank is filled to 25 psi per tank instructions. Mine acts up if its not at 25 psi.

How do you do that? Use the pressure switch from the one I have now???

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My Hydra Cells will PULL fresh water all the way from the fresh water tank...
no pump needed.....
it's REALLY a PLUS!

TimP

I'm sure the pump would pull the water from a tank. The problem is there is a water box with a float and water has to be pumped to the water box. And the water box is there for circulating hot water when it gets hot......

I found the model # of the exact pump flojet 04325-143A

I think it will probably be best to buy what it came with because it should fit and work properly. So far best price I've found is 142. I'm going to keep looking and if I can't find a better price that's what I'll get....

TimP

Jon-don as of now has the best price. I'm getting a price from my main supplier. If he don't have a better price Jon-don gets the sale.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I replumbed our 405's to eliminate the need for a pump to feed the waterbox. Raised the waterbox and float to the top level as my stainless steel fresh tank. Then feed the pump from the bottom of the fresh tank (same level as the pump).

When I don't care to carry a full fresh tank I turn two valves and run with just a faucet supply. I like the flexibility.

I like the new Sapphire's arrangement with the pump mounted low, it would work great with gravity feed alone (like the Butler).

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i use a float switch to kill the pump when it full. I use the one from halwin which shuts of with a 4" swing. the pump will last forever since it is never under pressure.

gene

Walt

What is the life expectancy of one of these? Hours? I was thinking of buying an extra for the day mine goes out. I'd hate to have to trudge through a sopping lawn to get to the spiquet.

Walt

What is the life expectancy of one of these? Hours? I was thinking of buying an extra for the day mine goes out. I'd hate to have to trudge through a sopping lawn to get to the spiquet.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
bob vawter said:
My Hydra Cells will PULL fresh water all the way from the fresh water tank...
no pump needed.....
it's REALLY a PLUS!

Yeah, why do they (including Steam Genie) have those retarded waterboxes that need those stupid pumps to pump water to a pump that can draw water anyways? My White Magic just draws from the fresh tank. I had to use a 12v pump to pump to the waterbox in the Steam Genie. That was the dumbest thing. That pump would burn out and I'd be standing there like a fooking idiot squeezing my trigger.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Art Kelley said:
[quote="bob vawter":sppqer5l]My Hydra Cells will PULL fresh water all the way from the fresh water tank...
no pump needed.....
it's REALLY a PLUS!

Yeah, why do they (including Steam Genie) have those retarded waterboxes that need those stupid pumps to pump water to a pump that can draw water anyways? My White Magic just draws from the fresh tank. I had to use a 12v pump to pump to the waterbox in the Steam Genie. That was the dumbest thing. That pump would burn out and I'd be standing there like a fooking idiot squeezing my trigger.[/quote:sppqer5l]
Good question...we took CRASHES water box right off and put the chem draw at the outlet of the freshwater tank.........

TimP

Probably to justify or sell you something you don't need?

I thought it was to keep the heat up better cause water circulates into the water box and it actually does get hot. Maybe something to do with priming? But I don't know for certain.

I just had to hook up to a spigot and move the fresh tank supply line to the truck mount supply line. It really was no big deal and now I have to hook up to water each job till I get the new pump.

T

The Magician

Do you have a filter on the pump? Maybe it clogged causing the pump not to pump or shut down. Do you run a blue tank so the pump doesn't have to run as long. can't think of what its called. maybe a bladder. Only replaced 1 pump in 8 years.

TimP

The Magician said:
Do you have a filter on the pump? Maybe it clogged causing the pump not to pump or shut down. Do you run a blue tank so the pump doesn't have to run as long. can't think of what its called. maybe a bladder. Only replaced 1 pump in 8 years.

Yes to both of your questions. It's a hydramaster 85 gallon rotomolded fresh water tank. I run an Rx-20 and a high flow wand so I think that had something to do with the problem, with it running all the time.

TimP

I just got it installed. The pump came in yesterday....I didn't have time to put it in. I put it in today between jobs. I have my last job scheduled at 4:30 today. Works great. I twisted the wires together after checking polarity, soldered them and then put electrical tape over them It may not be the most professional wiring job but it works....

IMG_20101203_153905.jpg

lance

Congrats on the pump Tim.

How many rooms can you do with the fresh water on board? Do you think that tank is worth the price?

Thanks.

T

The Magician

Now you need a water sceen to protect the pump from debris fom incoming junk in the water spicets that havent been used in a while. Also put one in my fresh water hose.

TimP

The Magician said:
Now you need a water sceen to protect the pump from debris fom incoming junk in the water spicets that havent been used in a while. Also put one in my fresh water hose.

Both were done before I got the machine..... The pump was still good the motor went out is all. There was no strain what so ever for it to self prime. The water goes to the bladder and cuts off when the pressure gets to a certain point. When the pump reaches like 40 psi it stops. Also the motor is supposed to be continuous duty, that's why I think it cost a bit more but an electric motor isn't going to last forever.

TimP

lance said:
Congrats on the pump Tim.

How many rooms can you do with the fresh water on board? Do you think that tank is worth the price?

Thanks.

I don't remember what the tank cost to say if it's worth the price or not. It wont rust ever and have a leak unless it's at a fitting in the tank. The tank volume is right for the waste tank, 85 gallons. I can hook to water and clean a little while longer and then the waste tank fills up. I'd say I can get about 7-8 rooms done with the tank (depending on their size). Yesterday I used an RX for the first 5 and then I wanded a LR dining room and a hall job after that. Then got almost done with my final job that was a LR, dining and hall again and I filled up my waste tank before I got done, that was about 90 gallons I'd say.

The main thing I like about having a fresh tank is not having to find water at every job. I've found that while running without my fresh tank the past few days that it can make many jobs way more aggravating. I only carry 50' of water hose, those people who depend on hooking to water would probably be fine having 100' of hose. But it's still another hose to deal with at every job. Most of the time around here the faucets are on the sides of the houses nowhere near a door. Last Thursday I had to do a 200' run just to get to the furthest bedroom in the house cause I had to park at a certain place for water. If I had my tank the usual 100' would of done it. So not only did I have to run a water hose I had to run an extra 100' of hose. Took probably an extra 20-30 minutes to do the job.

Chris A

Name
Chris
must be about that time, my CDS transfer pump started grinding and blowing the fuse yesterday. Weekend project!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom