Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That's a Sail Boat : )

"Edited above, I need dilutions for Mopping it down"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is that mold or dirt from water run off? If it's mold, its probably stained and might not be worth the effort.

If its just dirty and rust water that traveled down and left a spot then the likelihood of removal is far better.

The other thing to consider is odor. If it is mold and it has a firm grip on those materials you'll not be very successful in getting rid of the odor. Being a boat and exposed to high humidity mold spores and off gassing from the digestion is going to give you problems with odor.

I would think they would use materials that would do well in high humidity situations so hopefully its not really mold.

As far as cleaning high ph precondition, prespray and allow for extra dwell time and extract with Sapphire tool. Let it dry and inspect results.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Clean it as you would that type of fabric. Spray it with an anti-fungal if you want and clean it again. Don't guarantee removal of the discoloration.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I cleaned a 35foot SeaRay yesterday.I clean boats every year, and yiou would think by now I would know enough to charge more. Water-damaged including woodwork. I cleaned wall panels and the bunk-beds in the side cabin. Mold mostly on outside walls, ceiling in good shape with no leakage evidence. Very detailed working environment, using SS and three individual PMF upholstery tools,switching back-and-forth as needed. I left the ceiling for another trip, as there was no forward berth mattress to utilize. Started out at 8am and finished at 3pm, all for $400.00. Truck ran from 7-3:30, so with fuel costs included, I was doing the client a favour as such. My next scheduled, is a 390 SeaRay, and I will be quoting it at twice the price.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I always use a mold remover and bleach and scrub the edges. Be CAREFUL with heat. The glue behind the ceiling gets stiff and with too much heat WILL come down in spots. Get a nylon brush mix cleaner and bleach, gloves scrub the areas that have mold issues. A little purple power around the edging prespray whole thing and go at with upholstery too. Pull all the cushions out first and put on the deck and clean out there. Make sure you lay towels over the sides of the boat so you leave no marks

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
a boat that size with set up and breakdown an hour to an hour and a half. There isn't a whole lot to clean. Your back will hurt depending on your height

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
So, you are saying an hour and a half for a 35 foot boat using your procedure, highly unlikely that I could ever match that time. Meticulous and detail oriented are a couple of my notable traits.

Becker

Name
Becker
Would love to see after pics...

That boat pictured is no way 35 ft.

Looks like a 22-24 ft Cuddy.

8-3 for $400??? Yes double the price.
Boats are a pain in the ass, hate working in those cramped spaces.
I've passed on plenty or over bid them.

I have a 24ft cruiser, I'll be detailing it in a week or so.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think you are over estimating how much area needs to be cleaned. I do a ton of boats and none ever takes more than an hr or two. 50' luhrs to a 28ft searay is maybe 30-45 minutes different

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Its not so much the size/area, as the amount of detail required. I set-up and work non-stop, save for a drink of water or two. No way in H could I ever complete a job like that in your suggested timeframe. Although I wish I could.

Becker

Name
Becker
A 50' vs a 28' is. Huge difference. I mean. If you are talking all fabrics. Beam on a 50 is greatly wider.

28' boat can have a beam of 8'-10' on avg.
50' boat normally 10-16'

My little cruiser takes me a couple of hrs to detail.
Aft cabin, V berth, carpets, fabric on walls head liner. a couple of walls.
2469_zpsd246fe88.jpg

3256_zps5f5d3c5b.jpg

3255_zpsf32fa788.jpg

684_zps4f07ff7d.jpg

That said. Some people clean a 3000 sq ft house in 60 mins.
Others spend 6 hrs.

We've got no room for boring.

Last edited:
Name
Bruce
I have never been a splash/dash type of cleaner, so I would probably fall into the other catagory. Whatever works.
I cleaned a 45' Carver Sedan Bridge last week, took me 2 1/2 hours , most of the work was with my upholstery wand, no ceiling work to be done , all floor carpet. I will never clean a boat unless I'm charging by the hour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom