Need some advise and expertise, please.

OK, I have a meeting soon with the VP of a rather new but growing fast commercial facility maintenance company. He is interested in my company for two reasons. #1 they bought a brand new rotobrush with all the bells and whistles (camera etc), sent one of their employees out with it and the guy actually quit that afternoon, lol. So they want to sub out all the rotobrush duct cleaning out to me, and let me rent their machine. #2 they do commercial carpet cleaning, but again, the employees are clueless and the results have been sub par so far, they want to sub out all their carpet cleaning to me as well. They will be only letting their employees do hard floor maintenance and office cleaning once this goes into effect. My question is, what am I to expect out of this meeting? How do I prepare for it? I've never done this before, so any help would be appreciated. I have no problem with commercial carpet cleaning because I do lot of it now, and the rotobrush has a video to watch in order to learn the machine and process, so I'm not concerned with my ability to effectively clean. My concern is in the legal aspects of this deal.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Know your costs & production rates before you go to the meeting. Do not lose money on anything. Find out everything you can IE times & windows of availability, methods (if any) specified in their agreements, scope of work, rates for specialty spotting, how much volume etc. Schedule a follow up for later in the week or next week. Give yourself time to think it over, crunch #s etc.

PS- How many eggs can you afford to have in one basket? Don't let their work keep you from your customers.

G

I'll call it realistic and how I see it.. so get thick skin.. and dont take it personal to you..

I'd hate to think that I would be subbing out a part of the job.. to ANY company... with NO experience.. and to a company that was going to learn it by video.. I think that says alot about the company of which you're considering doing BIZ with.

I'd tell them to stick it up their ass.. hungry or not.

thats SAD on their part.. no offense to you Dominick..
But put yourself in their position.. you're going to sub out cc'ing, Air duct or windows.. anything.... to a guy or a subcontracting company.. whos going to watch a VCR tape.. and then have at it and pray they did it right.. but have nothing of which to base ANY results on.. or experience to speak of. I'm astounded, but not surprised.

Its defenseless to try to counter this argument.. and people wonder why the sub standard work in this industry... is at an all time high and skyrocketing.

respectfully,

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Dominick, Please call me at (570)443-8508
Too much info to list here, however I do agree with Steve.
Doing the job right does require time, and you should be
compensated fairly for this.
I would stay away from rotobrush from my experience.
You will need much better equipment than that.
Think portable and a TRUCK MOUNT

All The Best, Rob

Frank P.

Subs

First off from a real duct cleaner...RUN AWAY from Rotobrush you will NEVER do a good job I don't care how many bell & whistles they have on it. NEVER!

Second if you do clean carpets for them make sure you cover your cost of doing business and have enough profit in every job so it is worth the effort.

My guess is this is a low ball bidder that gets work from CHEAP ads like Val Pac et al. :roll: Do you really want to get mixed up with a company that can't do much of anything well right now? Also will their reputation good or bad rub off on you?

Frank P.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom