Need some advise on this rug

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Customer ask me to look at her really expensive rug and ask if there is any way to get some of the color back that faded because of the sunlight. it appears that on the side of the room where the window is , it has faded bigtime and she wants to know if i know anybody that can fix or bring some of the color back. the first pick is of the non-faded side or the way it should look and the second is the faded side. any advise would be appreciated.

rug1.jpg

rug3.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
first and foremost, it needs to be cleaned. As for the fading, if those are vegatable dyes. Sunlight and age will fade and mellow it out. If the rug is holding any value, any attempt to correct the fading will devalue it if done chemically or with any dye/paint.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
It’s a modern Tabriz, unfortunately these new Tabriz rugs are overpriced junk....IMO, cut sides, unstable dyes (synthetic), even the weave is bad be careful folding these rugs you can easily separate the back these are a niche market mostly Iranians buy theses they have no collectable value

Yes, it can be re-colored, it gets expensive quick 3-400.00 on what I can see.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
is there anybody in the north texas area that can recolor the rug? i am pretty sure cost is not an issue, it has a lot of sentimental value to the owner and he is a billionaire

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If anybody knows who could do it it would be Ellen Amirkhan. Here is here contact info:

Ellen Amirkhan
Oriental Rug Cleaning Co.
3907 Ross Ave.
Dallas, TX 75204
214/821-9135
214/821-9136 fax
eamirkhan@tx.twcbc.com

I'm sure Randy knows a couple of people to send it to as well.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
thanks david will give him a call tommorow. also the customer does not want the rug removed until a rug pro has inspected it onsiteand is willing to pay for an expirienced rug pro to come out and look at it. how much should we charge to come out and look at it? what is a decent rate?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Like Randy said, way overpriced junk and usually only sold to Iranian Americans and some other ethnicities. They wouldn't buy this crap in Iran, but make it to sell to unsuspecting countrymen who make it rich in America. No respectable rug dealer carries this crap. Any good, full service, rug cleaning operation should be able to recolor if they really want to spend the money on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom