Need some feedback on the gecko tile wand

I will try this again.

I need a tool to get under cabinets, in tight areas, and along walls more efficiently.

Is the small detail head worth owning?

What are the pros and cons and should I get one?

Thanks.

Cool I should get one of those as well.

I still need something for reaching under counters and cabinets.

The sx sits a little too high for that.

If the gecko does a half way decent job, I will get one.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
My biggest grief with the gecko wand is the fact that every head you purchase to make it more versatile like the edge corner tool, 14" squeegee head, 14" 14" brush head... all cost between 180 to 250 dependin on source.

Mikey P said:
I have the Turbo Hybrid, the Gecko with both heads and the Cobra.

and my Ti wand

all my needs are met.

I'm assuming you mean the small and large cleaning heads.

Have you used the corner head? That looks pretty neat. I guess the detail head would take its place though or at least I hope it would.

I usually use my glided wand in tighter areas or if the tile is not real dirty.

I think I will get the gecko with the detail head and add heads as needed.

I have two smaller jobs and one large tile job this week that all require a lot of detail work or in my case a boat load of towells. I'm trying to speed up production.

David that hand tool looks cool. I am going to get one of those as well.

Ok next question.

Interlink has a cool brush for scrubbing corners etc. I just use a regular grout brush but the corner brush looks like it would be more effective for going down walls and under cabinets. The price is 75 plus. There has to be a similar brush for under 20 dollars. Where can I find one?

TimP

The corner attachment isn't good unless you are cleaning tiled base. It don't get under cabinets. And to do edge cleaning where it is usable you can pop up your spinner and do the same job. I wouldn't buy it. A wand will get under the cabinets for the most part, or you can get a wide attachment for the gecko. But the biggest problem I find with the gecko is that it's a very short wand and you have to bend down to use it. Most cabinets with the turbo hybrid you can slide under as long as the tile is under the cabinets.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I prefer my 14" Gecko to my Turbo-Hybrid.

Easier to handle, can use with one hand, lower profile for under cabinets, gets corners, can use higher pressure, lighter weight, etc.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I prefer my 14" Gecko to my Turbo-Hybrid.

Easier to handle, can use with one hand, lower profile for under cabinets, gets corners, can use higher pressure, lighter weight, etc.

As much as I like the turbo I've been thinking of getting a Gecko or Raptor for the same reasons. Take that back, though I like the way it cleans, the handles are not ergonomically positioned. My forearm hurts after running for some time. The handles should be angled like th sx.

I take it you have the brush not the squeegee?. Did you look into the raptor vs the gecko?.

Regarding the Cobra, it's a pos the way it is designed. It only has one jet and leaves about 2" in each of the edges so using it for edges is worthless imo. I put 3 jets on it and gets to the edges but I have to get some different angles on the jets as it leaves 2 dead areas.

Albert

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I think that's the idea Albert. One jet so you can blast one grout line at a time. I have one and sometimes it's the only thing that will get the grout clean.

I bought the gecko with the small detail head. The bottom id plastic. It has one 1502 jet. I got it to get under cabinets and tighter areas. Having a stronger pump eliminates the need for scrubbing in a lot of cases. I used to clean at 800-1100 range but now try to use 1800-2000 range. Of course that depends on the flooring's condition, but the floor cleans so much faster and easier. I'll let everyone know how I like the detail head.

Here is the deal with the gecko.

It will not fit under counters or low areas as there is a brass piece on top that prevents this.

If you clean along the edge/under cabinet and turn the pressure up it does ok. It works good for tight areas.

Overall it will get the job done, but you are going to need more pressure than a 1000 psi machine will produce. The reason is the jet sits right in the middle of the vacuum slot.

The wider head may clean better but I have not spent the 200 so I can't comment.

I will just have to make due with what I have

Today I turned my head and the customer picked up the tool and decided to try it out. The pressure hose wasn't connected but the vacuum was. He went over the floor and in the process managed to get a piece of grit stuck in the jet.

While I was at my suppliers I asked them if they would clean the jet out for me real quick. Well an hour later and no luck they decided to take a hammer and bang the hell out of it to get a socket on the jet. There is a design flaw in that it is impossible to get the jet off and you also have to take the plastic cover off as well. There just isn't enough space to fit a standard socket on the jet.

I am going to see if I can get a guy to grind down a 1/2 inch socket so I can get it on the jet. If it clogs again, I will not be able to get the jet off to clean it out. Now I also don't know if the dirt would blast out if I turned the pressure up to 2k psi etc, but it should.

Overall not very happy but it does make detailing easier and makes the job go faster.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Here is the deal with the gecko.

It will not fit under counters or low areas as there is a brass piece on top that prevents this.

If you clean along the edge/under cabinet and turn the pressure up it does ok. It works good for tight areas.

Overall it will get the job done, but you are going to need more pressure than a 1000 psi machine will produce. The reason is the jet sits right in the middle of the vacuum slot.

The wider head may clean better but I have not spent the 200 so I can't comment.

I will just have to make due with what I have

Today I turned my head and the customer picked up the tool and decided to try it out. The pressure hose wasn't connected but the vacuum was. He went over the floor and in the process managed to get a piece of grit stuck in the jet.

While I was at my suppliers I asked them if they would clean the jet out for me real quick. Well an hour later and no luck they decided to take a hammer and bang the hell out of it to get a socket on the jet. There is a design flaw in that it is impossible to get the jet off and you also have to take the plastic cover off as well. There just isn't enough space to fit a standard socket on the jet.

I am going to see if I can get a guy to grind down a 1/2 inch socket so I can get it on the jet. If it clogs again, I will not be able to get the jet off to clean it out. Now I also don't know if the dirt would blast out if I turned the pressure up to 2k psi etc, but it should.

Overall not very happy but it does make detailing easier and makes the job go faster.

Don't you just love crappy tools that we pay good money for?. Ticks me off.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Albert Lazo said:
Regarding the Cobra, it's a pos the way it is designed. It only has one jet and leaves about 2" in each of the edges so using it for edges is worthless imo. I put 3 jets on it and gets to the edges but I have to get some different angles on the jets as it leaves 2 dead areas.

Albert

Its not hard to switch between the 5002 and a 11002. The 11002 sprays across the entire section of the head. Its nice to be able to switch between the two jets on certain jobs. One for blasting and one for 11002 for rinsing right up to the edges.

David the stock jet is a 1502 not 5002. A 11002 would make it not clean worth a darn but could be wrong.

All I know is I think I might call HF tomorrow and give them hell.

This is the biggest pos tool I have ever bought.

I have used or attempted to use it on three jobs and each time the jet clogged. I have no way of getting the jet off. I am going to have to see if a guy in my hood can grind down a socket razor thin so I can get the jet off.

No really I just want my money back.

The jet sits right in the middle of the vac slot.

I need to use it tomorrow and can't.

Who can I call to complain?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
danielc said:
David the stock jet is a 1502 not 5002. A 11002 would make it not clean worth a darn but could be wrong.

I have used or attempted to use it on three jobs and each time the jet clogged. I have no way of getting the jet off. I am going to have to see if a guy in my hood can grind down a socket razor thin so I can get the jet off.

I was referring to the cobra hand tool... not the gecko... Albert was talking about the Cobra in the above quote.

My local retired German mechanic that can fix anything is going to make me a tool to solve this problem. He had to make a lot of tools over the years for plumbing work as well. I actually called a large 40 plus truck plumbing company to fix my shower head a few weeks back. They didn't have a socket to fix it and said they were going to have to bust some tiles out. I said wait a minute. I will go get a tool that fits and you will do the job for half. He did just that.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I just stuck a needle nose pliers in the Gecko head and removed the damned thing. It's not an elegant solution, but it works. I didn't like the 1502 nozzle for edging,a 11002 is better. The 1502 is great for grout lines.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
danielc said:

The person you bought it from would be who you would start with. They should take it back no questions asked. I have sold hundred of Gekkos and haven't had the problems your having.

One it sounds like you need to descale your machine BIG time. It is an 02 Jet. If it is getting clogged you have a ton of (large)crap going through your lines. Descale your machine PROPERLY with Steam Way's Descaler. I love alot of prochems products but the descaler sucks. NOTHING tocuches Steam Way's.

If the person you bought it from doesn't help you then you can call me and i'll get it taken care of to your satisfaction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom