Need Some Help Here Quick...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I have our church that has CGD with a water stain in it. I have a 175 with a brush and no bonnets. My blower is screwed so I have no truckmount. I bought a new one but did not get to install it yet.

In the morning we have a ton of guests and a real need to fix this tonight. What can I do to get this water stain out of a 10 x 6 area on the quick?

I do more water damage jobs than anything so I do not claim to be an awesome carpet cleaner dude...

RickL

Well not knowing what you have doesn't really help us help you. This is probably a stretch but Citric Acid Powder mixed in with Releasit Encap and hitting with a fiber plus pad has taken care of several for me.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If it is a shampoo brush and you have a good encap product and a vacuum cleaner, that should do the job allright.

Name
George Valliant
A 10x6 area rug would cover it up in a heartbeat!

or, you could sub it to some hack on craigslist.

Put down some suds and scrub it w/ the brush and 175. If that doesn't do the trick then schedule them for a re-do and fix the truckmount.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I have some powermax and citrus stuff...

Hey kolfer, aren't you moving to Central Texas or something? Hook a brotha in New Braunfels up.

Name
George Valliant
That gives me and idea!

I got a jewelry store to clean Monday nite.

Just for fun think I'll try encapping it with PowerMax.

Thanks!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Get a few white towels from Walmart, fold them in half, fold in the corners, and use under your 175's drive block after shampooing it. Will even it out and remove most if not all the watermark.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jeremy N said:

Hey kolfer, aren't you moving to Central Texas or something? Hook a brotha in New Braunfels up.
Yes I am.
Currently I am splitting my time between CA and TX.
I only have a van in TX now and slowly working on starting the business there.
Once things settle down for me, new home, new place, maybe we can have lunch Jeremy.
Ofer

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
kolfer1 said:
Jeremy N said:

Yes I am.
Currently I am splitting my time between CA and TX.
I only have a van in TX now and slowly working on starting the business there.
Once things settle down for me, new home, new place, maybe we can have lunch Jeremy.
Ofer

Where are you moving to?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I misted it with some powermax and citrus. Then i scrubbed it with the shampoo brush followed by a ghetto bonnet. My ghetto bonnet consisted of a towel cut down to the size of the the driver.

Everything was gone with the exception of a few swirls in the carpet caused by the towel burning the carpet. I guess that I such at the floor machine or something. I'm hoping that I can hand brush out those fibers with a hard brush or something. Any ideas on that?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Jeremy N said:
I misted it with some powermax and citrus. Then i scrubbed it with the shampoo brush followed by a ghetto bonnet. My ghetto bonnet consisted of a towel cut down to the size of the the driver.

Everything was gone with the exception of a few swirls in the carpet caused by the towel burning the carpet. I guess that I such at the floor machine or something. I'm hoping that I can hand brush out those fibers with a hard brush or something. Any ideas on that?

Was the towel dry?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
tmdry said:
Jeremy N said:

Was the towel dry?

Yes.

Name
steve snail
Lee Stockwell said:
Get a few white towels from Walmart, fold them in half, fold in the corners, and use under your 175's drive block after shampooing it. Will even it out and remove most if not all the watermark.

This will be in contention for top 10 tips of 2010!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I neglected to note to use the towel damp for best results, especially if the floor isn't "lubricated" with prior shampoo.

Was just thinking what a newbie could do with the resources available on a Saturday night in a pinch.

A one layer piece of terry towel material would be too thin and agressive, it MUST be folded several layers thick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom