Need some ideas for the Cleaner's Classroom

Mikey P

Administrator
As you know our Wednesday night host of the ongoing online classes quit.

Neither Cermak or I can commit to being online EVERY Wednesday night at 6pm to play host to the hour to hour and a half long classes.

Unless someone want to step up to commit to hosting I need some suggestions on how to handle this.

Do I cancel the classes?
Do I ask the speaker to go at it by themselves?
or do I....

Connor

Name
Connor
Do what you can when you can. Once a month or every other week?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Free classes don't make distributors money? Product give aways are not a marketing strategy? A free cup of coffee at your local donut shop is not a way of generating sales?

We may be carpet cleaners, but we are not THAT stupid, Satan.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Free classes don't make distributors money? Product give aways are not a marketing strategy? A free cup of coffee at your local donut shop is not a way of generating sales?

S

sam miller

Marty said:

Satan! damn thats rough! kinda like my dog!

Bob Foster

When I volunteered to help with the room there wasn't any expectation of receiving anything. However, Sapphire Scientific gave me 4 cases of various chemicals for helping out. Also Scott W from Bridgepoint gave me a starter leather cleaning kit. I am very grateful for this. And in almost every Cleaners Classroom the presenting companies gave away a deal or free items to those attending.

It was a rewarding experience helping with the Cleaners Classroom because I was able to get a lot of perspective from very knowledgeable people by actively participating in these sessions.

So as far as helping out in the Cleaners Classroom and Mikey's Board in general it was for nothing more than just helping my fellow cleaners. As for you assclowns that think I am just a big suck-up or that I'm somehow doing this in a vain effort to be perceived as some kind of a guru (at least Waldo thought so) or climbing to achieve some sort of status you would be dead wrong.

I relinquished my responsibilities here, not out of any disagreement or frustration, but because I decided to explore other endeavors. Other than a few pissed off respites, I've helped out on this board since its inception. I look forward to attending a MikeFest or Connections where I actually have my own time to take in the presentations and supplier booths instead of working in them.

So for those of you that are thinking of helping out all I can say is its rewarding if your the type of person who likes giving more than getting.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I very much appreciate and am grateful for the classes, thank you Mike and Bob. (And Bob, anybody of significance here appreciates your effort.)
On the other hand I certainly do not have the time to make a commitment to host it.

Also, having a class every Wednesday is a big production. I think that one class a month on a good subject will be plenty.

In addition (my take) I'd much rather prefer it to be without all the slides presentation like a normal IICRC class. We all went to those, and an hour on line will not do it. And the veterans here, have no use for it (Yes it is impossible to please different cleaners in different stage of their business). I'd rather have the online classes be of a practical nature. Maybe the guest will be someone who is really good at what they do, or can help us expand our knowledge.
We can pick their brain, learn from their experience or professional expertise.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Why do you think all those suppliers gave you things Bob? They knew Mikey wasn't paying you anything and THEY appreciated what you were doing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bawb I'm going to send you one of my returned USED LecTroCobs for being such a big help to mikey make his money.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Wednesday night happens to work well for me, but I could do any night except Thursday.

I would be glad to participate in a longer class or perhaps a series of classes on a topic that would get deeper into some topic. If the total time for the classes reached 3 1/2 hours, we could even apply for IICRC / Clean trust credit for those who needed them.

Less frequent classes might make it easier for someone to be the host. Might also mean that folks would be more likely to attend if they knew they couldn't catch a class next week or the next week.

First I want to say thanks to Bob for his help with the Carpet Cleaners ClassRoom the past few months, and also thanks to Mikey, my brother Tom Cermak, ScottW, and all the other hosts.

If he free class made Mark or myself money than I could see your point.

The Cleaners Class Room costs me about $70 a month (not including my time, as I'm there helping cleaners almost every day). I donate its use (and my time) to help out the industry that has provided so much for me and my family. I've never charged for its use, and I have never received anything from anyone (other than their time and/or appreciation). I don't want anything, except for the room to be used to help cleaners.

It's been a lot of work (and a lot of fun) over the years (chat room has been open over 10 years now) and I'd like to see it continue, grow. As Mikey said earlier, I just can't commit to being there every Wed night anymore. While I've been able to attend most, I've had to miss a few. We've been very busy lately (carpet cleaning co and Internet Marketing / Website Design) so I have had less time for the ClassRoom (haven't even been able to keep up with Mikeysboard nearly as often as I like, and even projects like rebuilding the Cleaners Marketing Club and the Cleaners University have been on the back burner).

If anyone wishes to donate some time to help, great! Please let us know.
I would prefer that the format remains the technical 'classroom' type format we have, as I do not want a commercial endeavor full of infomercials and salesmen.

Thanks everyone for stopping in to chat. Don't be a stranger, stop back again soon.
Have a GREAT day and a Happy New Year!

Mark Cermak
Andrechelle.com

Royal Man said:
How about an open mike night.

Every night is open mic night. The room is always open (10+ years now).
Its a revolving door, cleaners in and out all the time.

Anyone / everyone is welcome to organize a time to meet and chat.

Cleaners are welcome to use the room anytime, it's there for YOU!

Back
Top Bottom