Need some ideas for the Cleaner's Classroom

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Start recording and archiving the classes.
I agree with Hoody, nights and weekends are usually family time for me. While I can sneek in a few peeks at the board I'm usually not able to spend any real listening to a program.

If achived it would become a valuable resource available at any time of the day.

Hoody said:
Start recording and archiving the classes.

I've tried to record several classes, however there are issues.

* If disconnected during the chat, the recording is lost. (whether its losing internet connection, or the room itself reboots).
* If someone private messages me while recording, its now in the recording.
* If you have the settings wrong, it will record background noise as well. Once I recorded a class with the mic open, so my phone conversations with clients were heard too.
* The files are huge, take a lot of time to process, then more time if need editing, then time and bandwidth to upload.
* Sound only files are more manageable but you loose the power point and the video.
* All hosts (mods) also have the ability to record, and not one has reported they got a recording they liked.

And, what about storage space and bandwidth of serving these large files.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I moved from Coldwater MI to Murray KY in my senior year of high school. Calloway county KY was by far the "southern" area of the state then. For a few days I couldn't understand much of what some people said, and vice versa it seems.

I never knew I was a "yinekee" until then.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
This is getting a little repetitious and at times a bit tedious:
Who cares if you (or anybody) makes money of anything here. Please do. I have no problem with people making money. Or as our Nigerian friends say: "I implore you to make money."

The ones who keep raising these issues are either incredibly naive or envious. Anybody that has the slightest familiarity with bulletin boards knows to take everything with a grain of salt. (As long as your Dr. approves of the extra sodium off course :p .)

It is our job to figure out whose opinion we can rely on and trust. And those who don't, may be up to a rude awakening.

Oh, be quiet Marty, your boy scout membership is way over due :p

P.S. For us Lee, you'll always be a 'pale face' Yankee. It's the shoes!

Mikey P

Administrator
Some like to show appreciation for all that they get from here.

Mods and admins actually do very little, in some cases absolutely nothing. but are here to help if I'm away and one of you says c*ck, p*ss or sh*t.

Bob on the other hand did a lot and I dont blame him for letting go of the buttons he begged me for.

Bob Foster

Why I gave of my time and effort to this fraternity of cleaners will always be lost to the likes of people like you Marty.

You either fully comprehend the expression "at the expense of somebody else" or you don't. That would make you either a sociopath or an idiot. Take your pick.

I predicted that I would be kicked in the ass when I stepped down but you have to ask yourself what would motivate someone to do so.

I know it just like the rest of you that this is Mikey's board. And if you believe some of the remarks made were at my expense, many would think the exact opposite.

There are lots of capable people on this board that could do a great job helping out. And personally I think a change is good.

Mikey P

Administrator
I hope you dont feel like I kicked you in the ass Bob.

You took on the job of the host in the Classroom very willingly and did a good job.

As far as wanting to be a Admin here, well, you know how much it meant to you.

Back
Top Bottom