Need some picture of inside your van.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I will get pics up, but I have the air mover shelves from Hydramaster on the back of my fresh tank (facing the rear of the van, and a 3 tier chem shelf on the passenger side. On the driver side I just have a holder for my wand. I have and Extended Chevy with a CDS.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'll bump mine up under new install... or something. Nothing special though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nobody much is posting pictures because not many have digital camerals at the ready, and even know how to post pictures. And, the abuse you get is not worth the effort.

This board is cruel ...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Richard;

Here's a photo of one of our 34HP TM installs in a GM van:
08rear534.jpg

Triple Reel on left, SS chemical rack on right. 100 Gal. Recovery + 75 Gal. Fresh Water
Still room for some equipment in front of the reel.

Larry

TimP

If I showed a picture of the inside of my van I'd have to clean it out first and that's more effort than I'd be willing to give on a moments notice. In other words I keep it in a mess...but if you clean it up you mess up my system. :|

Actually I'm wanting to get rid of the HM shelving and buy the mytee system or go stainless....and I'm thinking I may want two racks to fit all the stuff I like to keep. I also need something to keep my wand in a neet organized location.

F

FB7777

admiralclean said:
Nobody much is posting pictures because not many have digital camerals at the ready, and even know how to post pictures. And, the abuse you get is not worth the effort.

This board is cruel ...

Amen to the Marty

I remember bringing in my 2000 Butler to get serviced and I could tell the grease monkey was disgusted by how it didn't look show room new. Mind you we carry, a mop bucket, 175 rotary,vacuum, dust mop hydro forces, multi sprayer, blowers in these poorly laid out platforms.

that truck brings in more money in a month than the junior mechanic makes in a year

this is all you get from me
CarpetVans.jpg

DevilDog

ust lay it out the best way YOU can for YOUR equipment.
What am I going to do with you?

I really want to go DevilDog on you right now but I am in a good mood because I am headed back to Manila so i will be nice.

You have a truckmount. You have shelves. You have a floor machine. You have a wand. You know where the truckmount is. There are only a few different ways you can lay it out.

Stop worrying about stuff like this and get out and clean...because the slow time is just around the corner no matter what some of these gentlemen tell you.

DevilDog

DevilDog

I like those trucks Fred. Nice, clean, and simple. Just the way it should be.

Also, to your people that think logos sell....get a clue. 99.9% of all people do NOT hire anyone because of a logo. My goodness...no wonder so many cleaners are going broke.

Think about it...be honest...how many of you have been going down the road and seen a nice logo and said, "Well dang! I like that logo a lot and I am going to hire that company! Yiipppeee Kayyyyyy Ayyyyyy Baby, I have found a great company because they have a great logo!"

My Goodness.

DevilDog

DevilDog said:
Are you f'n serious? Just lay it out the best way YOU can for YOUR equipment. Do you need your ass wiped also? God.

What the f am I going to do with you?

I really want to go DevilDog on you right now but I am in a good mood because I am headed back to Manila so i will be nice.

You have a truckmount. You have shelves. You have a floor machine. You have a wand. You know where the truckmount is. There are only a few different ways you can lay it out.

Stop worrying about stupid stuff like this and get out and clean...because the slow time is just around the corner no matter what some of these liars tell you.

DevilDog

Just looking for ideas is all boss. :)

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
DevilDog said:
I like those trucks Fred. Nice, clean, and simple. Just the way it should be.

Also, to your anal retentive people that think logos sell....get a clue. 99.9% of all people do NOT hire anyone because of a logo. My goodness...no wonder so many cleaners are going broke.

Think about it...be honest...how many of you have been going down the road and seen a nice logo and said, "Well damn! I like that logo a lot and I am going to hire that company! Yiipppeee Kayyyyyy Ayyyyyy Baby, I have found a great company because they have a great logo!"

My God.

DevilDog

You honestly dont think the appearance of your vehicle helps sell your service?

DevilDog

Absolutely NOT! How your vehicle looks has very little to do with how well you do as a cleaner. I could give the actual names of many companies in my area that do quite well and have UGLY looking vans and equipment.

I know of a number of guys that have great looking vans and equipment that are really struggling.

As one example...there is a plumbing company in my area that is very well respected. They do a LOT of work and are extremely busy most of the time and do really well. If you saw their vans you would probably laugh.

People do NOT care about how your van looks! They care about how you do the work, how you deal with them, and if they are getting their moneys worth.

I could give so many examples of guys, some of them on this board, that did really well and had equipment that many here would laugh at! And some of you know who I am talking about.

Focus on things that MATTER! How your van looks has very little to do with it. Again, I ask this very simple question...

How many of you have hired a company to work for you because you thought their van was nice? If the truth were told it would be an incredibly small percentage.

I am headed back to the filipines for a couple of months. Since I have been back here I have had so many people want me to clean for them it is ridiculous. I don't even have any equipment!! LOL. They could care less what I use....they want to be treated well, have a good job done, and not get ripped off.

Nice vans, uniforms, things like that....they all have their place but in the big picture of things they mean very very little. I know of one company here that has a guy that does not wear a uniform, has a horrible looking van, looks like crap himself but is really really busy and making a pretty good amount of money...IT IS NOT ABOUT THE VAN, THE LOGO, OR A FANCY MARKETING PIECE!

DevilDog

F

FB7777

thanks guys.

Dave Gill, the trucks have different logos because I was transitioning away from the Bane Clene logo that I had for the first 13 years of my biz. The truck on the left has a cloud which was similar to the Bane Clene logo ( when I bought that truck I had another Bane CLene cloud truck as well)

Even tho the trucks are different, they are both highly recognizable locally... when I replace the older truck, I will make them both uniform looking. The both have identical lettering on the front and the rear.

Todd, while I agree that lettering and logos don't insure success, it is part of your marketing message. People do call us to book and tell us they see our trucks everywhere. Happy trails in Manila... enjoy the Sum Yung Slit but try and avoid the Don thar itch

TimP

After seeing the van above I'm not feeling as self conscious....although I did clean my van out since it was nice out 75 deg or so.

Anyway here is a pic of the back...I had my omni sprayer charging so it's not pictured. I know it's not super clean but it is what it is.....

IMG_3220.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Scanned all my photos, this is all I have of the inside of my van. I know, not very helpful, but I tried.

IMG_0204.jpg

I came out to get something and saw this big dog in there right next to the machine. He seemed friendly enough so I snapped a pic.

Name
George Valliant
TimP said:
After seeing the van above I'm not feeling as self conscious]

Gee wiz Tim.. I'm glad I could help but now you're making me feel self concious about my van. Is it because my Dri-Master bungeed to the side window?

TimP

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
TimP said:
After seeing the van above I'm not feeling as self conscious]

Gee wiz Tim.. I'm glad I could help but now you're making me feel self concious about my van. Is it because my Dri-Master bungeed to the side window?

Nah.....I just think my stuff looks cleaner than yours. But it's probably not as seasoned with use as yours. Your TM looks like a middle aged woman 50-60's.....mine is probably in her mid 30's.

It's hard to work out of these vans and keep them clean and organized for sure. Especially working by yourself like I do.

Chads

Supportive Member
Heres mine when I first brought her home busted up blower and all.
ChadsVan066-1.jpg

And Now what she looks like still a work in the process figuring she is about to get a steamaction put in her.
carpetvancleaned005.jpg

Name
George Valliant
Talk about a beast. She can suck start a Harley and a golf ball thru a garden hose simultaneously.

She just hit 2500 hours this week. I figure she will be completely wore out by the time i get er paid off. Then, time to go shopping for a younger woman.

Chads

Supportive Member
My machine right there has 3700 hrs on it and still runs like a champ

Back
Top Bottom