Need suggestions for carpet cleaning at hotel I work at.

Ukeboy77

Name
Stephen
I work at a hotel I clean their restaurant and also their hotel rooms and conference center also they have some rental houses that are with the hotel. In the restaurant people was slipping and falling after I was cleaning the night before I have been using Ecolab carpet cleaner and using a viper carpet cleaner for it. I have found out the Ecolab was getting on the walkway by the carpet and that's what was causing people to fall. I'm going to switch to prochem dry slurry. What's a good pre spray or something I can use for the hotel rooms that won't be too strong for the guests?

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I work at a hotel I clean their restaurant and also their hotel rooms and conference center also they have some rental houses that are with the hotel. In the restaurant people was slipping and falling after I was cleaning the night before I have been using Ecolab carpet cleaner and using a viper carpet cleaner for it. I have found out the Ecolab was getting on the walkway by the carpet and that's what was causing people to fall. I'm going to switch to prochem dry slurry. What's a good pre spray or something I can use for the hotel rooms that won't be too strong for the guests?
Since you don't use a truckmount, you should probably switch to VLM/Encap cleaning methods.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
May I suggest you come to Mikey Fest to learn how to clean carpet.
You need to adjust/improve your wand technique to match the equipment.
Do more slow extraction passes.
Make sure your equipment is optimized.

Reactions: Mikey P

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Dryers,extra drying passes.
It's a human error not chemical issues
But I'm sure the residues are piling up ...
An follow above advice on insurance an shutting areas.

Reactions: Papa John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Use caution signs or cones to let them know wet carpets to floor can be a slip hazard.

Consider walk off mats so they can walk the moisture off.

VLM would definitely dry faster but you still need to follow the same precautions of warning people of the potential slip hazard.

Do you own a CRB? You could always use a dry compound.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
As mentioned above - this is a lawsuit waiting to happen. "Dry" Slurry has nothing to do with "Dry" Cleaning. But you're correct to think about getting the carpet to DRY faster. If you're leaving moisture in the carpet and customers are walking from damp carpet onto a hard floor surface there's a huge potential for injury! As mentioned above, a VLM / Encap method would help you to maintain the carpet with minimal dry times. You can message me if you'd like some assistance.

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m wondering if the Viper he’s using is self contained. Most of em are. Either was, it sounds as if water is getting on hard surface as well making a slip hazard compounded. I know how people are in public facilities, and you must take caution for their safety. The product doesn’t matter. Blowers and fans on the carpet and hard surface to speed dry is a must. No one walks off!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom