Need the best light aggitater, host, procaps, gls, 175 ?

Moser Bros.

I need to retire my Cimex to commercial only. My Cimex is too heavy to take up stairs, it's bulky and hard on my back getting in and out my truck. Some of you think I'm crazy, but until you try the Cimex on cut pile and retore carpet to like new condition you can't knock it.
Either I'm going to have to make a quick connect for the wires and remove the head for easier handling or buy a smaller machine.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you want one that does most anything then get a OP.
With a Tuway it agitates like mad.

If you can't afford that then get a 175.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
175 is heavy too...mine is about 95 pounds I think.
I tried an OP once and liked it...just never got around to buying it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
There's not an answer to your need. The best scrubber is probably the Cimex (from what I read about it), but as you say, it's too heavy. The next best, imo, is the 175. I own a 175, an OP and a Whittaker GLS. The 175 is the best of the three because it's weight makes it scrub better than a CBM like the GLS (if you run a brush on it), it's speed makes it better than an OP (which is slow as hell), and it's lower cost makes it more affordable.

However, it's weight is a pita for old guys. Of course, if you put larger rubber wheels on it, it can go up stairs fairly easily, if you slow down enough to actually step it up stairs, instead of carrying it.

The CBM machines give you the illusion of better scubbing because of the fiber balls it will dig up, but it's light weight makes it skim across the top of the pile instead of digging deep. A side by side test will reveal a big difference. The soil will almost completely disappear when scrubbed with a rotary, while the GLS will leave spots still visible.

Bear in mind ... the GLS (and all it's imitators) was designed for low pile commercial carpets.

You'll hear CBM machine owners argue that their machines are better scrubbers, but you won't find one who owns a 175 WITH A BRUSH ON IT, and the balls to actually use it.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I presume you are running the 19".. What about getting a 15" cimex.. not sure what the weight advantage would be but has to be improved.. the scrubbing will be close to the same results and you have another scrubber for commercial work to increase speeds if you are running a second man. just a thought

Make sure you read the post about the iCapsol/Procaps CRB on this BB and ics. After words don't even think about wasting your money on 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom