Need to get my van more organized

CleanEvo

Just wondering if anyone has some good suggestions helping me get my van a little more organized. I have a regular wheel base Chevy van. I'd really like to get my wand, rake, spinner and possibly some other tools off the floor and hanging on the roof. The local supplier sells nothing for this and I'm sure i've seen pictures with guys hanging stuff off the ceiling. Besides a bungy cord, are there any good quality accessories available for this?

I am going to post some pics of my Everest and regular chevy tomorrow. It is amazing all the stuff I can carry on this truck. Just to name a few.

80 gallons of fresh water
100 gallon recovery tank
Everest
Apo
300 ft hose reel
two sloution reels
two pump sprayers
vacuum cleaner
wand
tile tool (I stick this up front if needed)
Lots of tools
three inline filters - y connectors
TONS of chemicals. If you can think of it, it is on my truck. Color seal is carried at times when cleaning tile for demos
Accessories - blocks, tabs, upholstery tools, rakes, grout brushes etc.
two air movers
175 - I carry this only on an as needed basis.

My van is not crowded at all.

The pictures will blow your mind at all the stuff I can carry so organized. All this in a regular size chevy. When you see the pictures I think everyone will agree that a box truck is for ego.

I have room for more stuff if needed up front.

You have to maximize the space you have.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
4" abs tube for rake works good. Turbo tool head sits on top of 100 gallon waste tank, the front is clipped on top with bungy cord. What's wrong with bungy cords?. :D

Albert

CleanEvo

Nothing wrong with bungy cords, I use lots of them... I just like something solid that would stay in place.

Thanks Daniel...I'm looking forward to see your set up!

I have the following:

-Legend XL
-75 gallon recovery
-65 gallon fresh belly tank
-No hose reels... it's all hanging on bungy cords... but I like it that way so that if I'm doing a comercial Cimex job I can unload the hoses and make room for the Cimex and any portables I may need.
-Chemical shelf that's absolutely crammed full.
-175 rotary, pads and bonnets
-vacuum
-rake
-extension cord
-rags
-spotting kit
-sx-12
-Hydro force - it's in a holder on the back door
-3 gallon and 2 gallon pump sprayers
-3 hand held pump ups
- a couple of milk crates for blocks, sticky tabs, knee pads and other misc items
-1 Prochem blower fan
-a mix jug and a bucket

Probably a couple of items i'm forgetting but needles to say it's pretty crammed in there.

Bob Foster

Check out John Olson's website for lots of doo-dads and holders. Maker brand velcro accessories are always handy. John has the Mytee shelves too.

I can carry my RX and 175 by moving the fans around. Basically I can carry everything I need. I keep my pressure washing tool, extra upholstery tool, filter, and some other things up front. I also place my tile tool up front. I am so glad this machine is running good. The throttle body was stuck and not allowing the proper amount of gas to get to the engine and the machine was shutting down. There is just no comparison to what this machine can do compared to a Legend. My Legend has a divider and belly tank as well. I don't have a chemical shelf in it. I put my chems in boxes. Since I only plan on using it as a backup I will keep it the way it is. I plan on running some boards down the wall opposite the chemical shelf to hang 2 stainless steel bottle holders. Then I will be able to hang 6 spray bottles.

IMAG01411.jpg

IMAG01401.jpg

IMAG01371.jpg

IMAG01361.jpg

IMAG01341.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I like the plastic guard on the hose reel. Nice truck, but not my idea of not crowded. I guess I'm just spoiled with the box.

Gene

CleanEvo

Thanks Daniel, nice set up. The Everest is a nice machine, however I find the Legend excellent for 90% of the jobs I do, the other 10% I pull out the 175 or Cimex and that more than makes up for it.

HARPER said:
No wonder that Everest won't RUN.... :shock:

There is NO fricking clean AIR...It is ChOaKinG on its own EXHAUST... :roll:

It is running great right now, but I am going to take your advice when the weather gets hot and let an air mover circulate air in the van and take the side covers off.

admiralclean said:
Full service what?

Marty I guess I am a hack. The guy a bought the van from had a printing business and left the words full service but took his company name off. I never removed it. I thought about lettering it but try working in a stealth van a few days and you will feel like a different person. You don't have to be so careful. I can blast metalica at red lights if I want to (not that I do well maybe sometimes). You get the picture.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
HARPER said:
No wonder that Everest won't RUN.... :shock:

There is NO fricking clean AIR...It is ChOaKinG on its own EXHAUST... :roll:

It is running great right now, but I am going to take your advice when the weather gets hot and let an air mover circulate air in the van and take the side covers off.

I must say...I am PROUD..of the way you take care of your equipment... :!:

CleanEvolve said:
Thanks Daniel, nice set up. The Everest is a nice machine, however I find the Legend excellent for 90% of the jobs I do, the other 10% I pull out the 175 or Cimex and that more than makes up for it.

Aris when I bought the Everest I let it sit for a year before installing it mainly because I was content with the Legend's performance. I was used to it and always said I would buy another Legend. After using the Everest for a couple weeks and then going back to the Legend, well it is like going to a portable. The heat is the difference. You can actually clean dirty carpet with just an emulsifier. You can crank the machine up and in less then a minute get 200 degree water for mixing chems. The performance is just so much better not to mention a lot quieter. The downside is there is way to many complicated parts with the EFI. When is is running it is a thing of beauty. When it is not it is a PITA.

Doc Holliday said:
It is really clean, looks like new. That's impressive and says a lot about you.....or you don't use it much. :p

The van has a lot of miles (175k) but runs great. I only paid 4k for the van. I have a mechanic that will fix just about anything for 50-100 dollars plus parts. I looked at some vans with 50k miles that were trashed and smoking. My next truck will be either new or less than 10k miles. The van gets dirty for sure but it is so easy to clean with the rubber cargo mat. I just hose it out once a week. A neat trick I am doing is I take brown paper bags and fold them up and place them on the chemical shelf and then place my jugs on the shelf. This keeps the shelfs from getting dirty with chemical residue etc. I tried paper towels but they didn't work as good as the brown paper sacks.

CleanEvo

That is a nice set up John. I had a pace trailer just like that with a Boxxer 421, it was really nice to be able to walk in to get what you need. That being said, I will never get a trailer again, a van is just way to convenient, even though it doesn't have half the room. As a rental or an occasional cleaning machine the trailer is awesome I'm sure.

I really want a hose reel, however I just like to be able to take my hoses out if I don't need them and utilize that space for the Cimex or porties when doing commercial. Has anyone ever thought of making a hose reel that will come out?

Back
Top Bottom