Neptune Hose...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
How can CWS-Direct.com sell Neptune hose so cheap? Whats the catch?? 100 foot is about $116. My local hoser wants about a buck 89 a foot.....plus the ends installed. Anybody use these guys??

Able 1

Name
Keith
I paid $2 a ft. from my supplier, never again. :evil:

Windtrax....

Product ID: NEP3-04BL Category: High Pressure Hose
GOODYEAR 1/4 BLUE 3000 PSI
Product Name: NEP3-04BL GOODYEAR 1/4 BLUE 3000 PSI
Goodyear Neptune 3000
Cleaning equipment hose
1/4" non marking blue
For use on pressure washer machines with working pressures up to 3000 PSI and temperatures up to 250°F
One wire braid
Flexible & lightweight
Tube and cover resistant to most cleaning solutions
-20° to 250°F
Qty break at (500) ft

Price: $0.90
Check Volume Discounts

Joe Bristor

remember when the EPA said "get the lead out" ?
they were talking to all manufacturers, not just gasoline and paints.
when rubber had lead it held up a lot better.
now it's black death city.
still there's two brands both lead-free and black death free.
one goes for a buck a foot rated to 250F
the other goes for twice that but it's rated to over 300F.
pick one of these if you're a steel-braid guy else stick with Parker Parflex, on sale now.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I'm with Able. With Windtrax we can afford a little black death. And it seems that thier Eagle brand is identical. When black does does happen, pitch it and get another. We also find that if we swap ends on our live Butler reel every 6 months, black death is forestalled to over 2yrs.

Thx,
Dale

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
how long does the neptune last? i have one thats about 1 year old with 700 hours on it.. whats the worst that can happen, whats black death anyways

G

most of my failures with neptune have been from neglect , usually at the connectors . I think its a reliable hose, but gets hot as a mother.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
whats the worst that can happen,

they instantly split or blow fittings .
Not a good thing if someone gets a burst of 200+ scalding hot water.
at best, if the burst is inside the home, you'll have a mess to clean up

whats black death anyways

the black crud they spew at start up.
Plug in an empty QD on your sol line.
run the first few seconds into a bucket .
If it's clean, you don't have a case of the "black death"
If black and cruddy...you do

Where can Parker hose be purchased??

Jmmy, I don't know of anywhere local to us.
(even though it's made locally at the Ravenna Parker plant on rt 14 and rt 88)
They won't sell to the public though.
as i understand it, you have to buy a spool of 10,000 ft to buy direct from Parker

The last I bought came from Larry Cobb a few years ago.
Guess Joe sells it too???
donno about Pemberton, Olson or any of the other distys here

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
what's the sale on the Parflex?

I won't go back to Neptune, not after over heating it once and paying for a carpet.
Its Parflex or Tornado, though I like the Parflex better as it keeps the heat in

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i like (kinda) the paraflex on the last 100...off the truck on longer runs, i like the neptune...

T

The Magician

Larry hanks for the info.Trying for a long time to get a price for Joe?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
whats the worst that can happen, whats black death anyways
Had one pop at a Dr.'s home, a customer we had been cleaning for over 30-years.

She was very understanding, but it made me sick just walking in. It looked like a crime scene, black on a lampshade, family picture and frame, a little on a divan skirt and on the wall. Bought her a new shade, frame and cleaned it out of the skirt and off the wall.

The last time it happened was in a million dollar home. New customer moving into town, we were cleaning prior to them moving in. Walls had just been freshly pained and then black greasy water spewed all over them along with the white carpet we were cleaning.

Paid to repaint the room, but lost a customer forever. She asked me a question that I had no real good answer for. "If you know that it can happen, why do you use that hose?"

Switched to Parker ever since.

We are 50-miles from Windtrax, I can get the BADyear hose dirt cheap, but it's just a roll of the dice when and how much it's going cost you. :x

steve g

Name
steve garrett
rwcarpet said:
How can CWS-Direct.com sell Neptune hose so cheap? Whats the catch?? 100 foot is about $116. My local hoser wants about a buck 89 a foot.....plus the ends installed. Anybody use these guys??

the real question is why in the hell are you buying neptune hose?? shit can it and never ever buy it again its junk, has black death and can explode in a customers home spewing black shit who knows where. a tech at one of the place I worked had it blow while he was cleaning upstairs above a huge vaulted entry way, it spewed black crap everywhere, they had to use scaffolding to paint it.

parker paraflex is the only hose you should ever buy, it holds heat better and will not explode, it pin hoses, cut it back 6" and its good to go for a lot longer.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doc Holliday said:
Paid to repaint the room, but lost a customer forever. She asked me a question that I had no real good answer for. "If you know that it can happen, why do you use that hose?"

EGG-ZACCALLY

we had more failures with the crap in the year and a half we used it, than 18 years of parker use.
I've never had an "instant" failure with Parker.
it always gives lots of warnings LONG before it goes
When it fails, it's tiny pin spray leaks...not "instant" dangerous scalding water splits and spit fittings.

No, Parker isn't as flexible as Ineptune and never will be.
(though it does relax withing weeks to months)
But it's lighter, less hot to touch, lasts longer and is SAFER ...

..L.T.A.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Take that 6" piece of crap off and add a 5' section of clear hose and slide it over for the hose relief. use a hose clamp over the connector. It takes all the pressure off the hose and if it breaks all the black death just dribbles out the end of the hose.

gene

Joe Bristor

Anybody still using steelbraid should definitely consider a burst protection sleeve.
Heard all the horror stories, started making/selling an inexpensive, lightweight self-closing wrap called the Lifejacket.
It turns a disaster into the dribble that Gene talks about plus you hardly even know it's there.
Easy to install and avail. in any length and for all hose sizes from 1/8" to 3/8"

Bob Foster

Joe Bristor said:
Anybody still using steelbraid should definitely consider a burst protection sleeve.
Heard all the horror stories, started making/selling an inexpensive, lightweight self-closing wrap called the Lifejacket.
It turns a disaster into the dribble that Gene talks about plus you hardly even know it's there.
Easy to install and avail. in any length and for all hose sizes from 1/8" to 3/8"

LifeJacketcloseup.jpg

LifeJacketforsolutionhoseprotectsyouincaseyourhoseblows8.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those sleeves came on my Prochem units over all the high pressure lines.

I've never used one on a solution hose so it might work, but as Larry stated most of my breaks come from the constant bending up near the fittings.

So will the jacket keep black death from shoot out the top near the fitting?

Back when the local hose guy would cut a hose and put a new end on, we would just cut off 2-ft at a time and we were good for a while, but he won't do it any longer due to liability.

Joe Bristor

Meat, if I understand your Q, it's easily secured above the fitting and below a few feet down.
Even when it blows the entire fitting, the pressure dissipates through the pores of the wrap.
Those who've had blowouts say the blast has been contained and the hose is tame, not a slinky.
Bob's photo shows the short one, just 4 ft long, contains blown crimps and prevents bare leg burn.
It also avail in 6fters or any custom length.
OK?

Mikey, Lifejacket is a breathable fabric as opposed to a plastic (non-breathable tubing) so yes you can strip off the vinyl that causes a lot of failures. Lifejacket keeps you from getting burned by otherwise bare springs too.
The $1/foot hose has vinyl, strip it and go to the Lifejacket, and all the crimps I do myself do have springs underneath vinyl.
Easy to install this protective sleeve right over any hose without removing your shutoff or QD.

The risk of spewing hot black water onto people and their furnishings is very real.
If it hasn't happened to you yet it probably will.
The inexpensible steelbraid I sell (only $1/ft), the Tornado (highest rating), and Parker should all be wearing protection.
Especially, your older hose... if you've got on a Lifejacket, it's diligence in the eyes of Insurance companies seeking to prove you were negligent.

Name
Nate W.
Joe Bristor said:
Meat, if I understand your Q, it's easily secured above the fitting and below a few feet down.
Even when it blows the entire fitting, the pressure dissipates through the pores of the wrap.
Those who've had blowouts say the blast has been contained and the hose is tame, not a slinky.
Bob's photo shows the short one, just 4 ft long, contains blown crimps and prevents bare leg burn.
It also avail in 6fters or any custom length.
OK?

Mikey, Lifejacket is a breathable fabric as opposed to a plastic (non-breathable tubing) so yes you can strip off the vinyl that causes a lot of failures. Lifejacket keeps you from getting burned by otherwise bare springs too.
The $1/foot hose has vinyl, strip it and go to the Lifejacket, and all the crimps I do myself do have springs underneath vinyl.
Easy to install this protective sleeve right over any hose without removing your shutoff or QD.

The risk of spewing hot black water onto people and their furnishings is very real.
If it hasn't happened to you yet it probably will.
The inexpensible steelbraid I sell (only $1/ft), the Tornado (highest rating), and Parker should all be wearing protection.
Especially, your older hose... if you've got on a Lifejacket, it's diligence in the eyes of Insurance companies seeking to prove you were negligent.

Is the life jacket a 1 time use? Say the hose breaks, is it pau/finished? Or once it's on, you can't reuse it? Just curious.

Hoodie might take you seriously and try using that for protection.... :twisted:

Ryan

Nate The Great said:
Hoodie might take you seriously and try using that for protection.... :twisted:

If he can use a 1/4" hose protector for protection he has deeper problems then taking Joe seriously :shock:

G

Why do you guys think the hoses are failing at the fittings ? One thing I do to prevent it is never laying the wand down where any weight is on the hose. And I never pull the hose and put any stress on the hose / fitting interface. Can only remember a blowout elsewhere, and that was from a nick in the hose from an employee pulling around a concrete exterior corner .

steve g

Name
steve garrett
don't reinvent the wheel, piss on the hose jackets, quit worrying about trying to fix the problems with steel braided hose, if you quit using it you don't need fancy protectors or life jackets. paraflex IMO puts about 8-10 degree hotter water to the wand if you are running 150 feet, it also lasts several times longer than steel braided, so the reality is you are wasting money with neptune, especially when you figure 3x more life from the paraflex. hell you might even get more than that. I have yet to junk a parker hose yet. granted some of the older stuff I run is lower on my hose reel so it doesn't get used as much. for me I have gotten at least 4 years on the parker, compared to 1 year on the neptune. no black death, no fancy hose jackets, its cooler to the touch, lightweight, why would anyone use anything else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom