.net vs a .com

Ryan

Do you think it looks bad or unofficial if a company has a .net website?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Popularity for one, professionalism next, Familiarity....you get the idea.

I'm deciding purely on the psychology of my customer...ratings and all that? Not sure.

Fred?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
. Com....... .net........ .biz....is a standared for Professionalism.......stupidest thing I have ever heard......at the time I set this company up...some one for some unknowen reason had already bought .com........they had no desire to use it nor would they sell it....so I went with .biz..........did not know that because of .biz I am lacking......maybe I need to pull it off my truck...could explain the lack of walk ups.... :roll:

Ryan

Thats the problem here the .com is already taken. I bought the .net and .biz I think I'll advertise the .biz.

Hopefully a good looking website will down play not having the .com.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
they have to click the .whatever to get to the website.

I just think anything less than a .com takes away from the business credibility.
That's just by opinion.

Ryan

Brian R said:

I just think anything less than a .com takes away from the business credibility.
That's just by opinion.

Thats my opinion too.... but I don't want to use a URL other then my business name so I'll just have to run with it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim Martin said:
. Com....... .net........ .biz....is a standared for Professionalism.......stupidest thing I have ever heard......at the time I set this company up...some one for some unknowen reason had already bought .com........they had no desire to use it nor would they sell it....so I went with .biz..........did not know that because of .biz I am lacking......maybe I need to pull it off my truck...could explain the lack of walk ups.... :roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ROFLMAO

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1ojkz3fh][quote="Brian R":1ojkz3fh]Are you being facetious? shiteatinggrin

do you honestly really think I was.........[/quote:1ojkz3fh]

Partly[/quote:1ojkz3fh]

not surprised............

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Brian R said:

That's just by opinion.

Brian- First you say it was based on your customer psychology and then you say it was based on your opinion. Make up your mind. I still think your FOS. You're grasping at straws. Why does it matter how people find you, as long as they do? thats like saying there is only ONE form of advertising. Different things work for different people.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Brian R":u6qsv160]they have to click the .whatever to get to the website.

That's just by opinion.

Brian- First you say it was based on your customer psychology and then you say it was based on your opinion. Make up your mind. I still think your FOS. You're grasping at straws. Why does it matter how people find you, as long as they do? thats like saying there is only ONE form of advertising. Different things work for different people.[/quote:u6qsv160]

don't worry about him.....he hit the board in full running gear thinking he held on to the holy grail of marketing and was going to make everyone rich......but it did not take long for most to realize that he could not pour piss out of a boot even if he googled it for the directions..........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Whats wrong Jim, V- payment due? Jeese

Listen closely.

I believe that customers will "like" a .com better than others THAT is my opinion.

Do you guys read my posts or just jump on ready to ride my ass?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Doug Cox":1m8digys][quote="Brian R":1m8digys]they have to click the .whatever to get to the website.

That's just by opinion.

Brian- First you say it was based on your customer psychology and then you say it was based on your opinion. Make up your mind. I still think your FOS. You're grasping at straws. Why does it matter how people find you, as long as they do? thats like saying there is only ONE form of advertising. Different things work for different people.[/quote:1m8digys]

don't worry about him.....he hit the board in full running gear thinking he held on to the holy grail of marketing and was going to make everyone rich......but it did not take long for most to realize that he could not pour piss out of a boot even if he googled it for the directions..........[/quote:1m8digys]

What marketing is that?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so you don't call the things on your own business card .....marketing....??..what is it then.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you think that any thing other then .com is a lack of professionalism..........then you are getting over paid as it is.......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not lack of professionalism, just not as pro as .com

How hard is this? You said yourself that you tried to get .com first.

Are you upset with me or something? Good God.

By the way, I make sure not to get piss in the boot in the first place. shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
Not lack of professionalism, just not as pro as .com

How hard is this? You said yourself that you tried to get .com first.

Are you upset with me or something? Good God.

By the way, I make sure not to get piss in the boot in the first place. shiteatinggrin

nope not upset....people don't bother me...just trying to understand your commit...professionalism was pretty cut in dry when I read it and has nothing to do with popularity..familiarity or any thing else....Yes I did try to get .com...but for reasons explained above it did not work out.....but I think it is pretty safe to say that .biz took nothing from me.....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brian R said:
.com

Everything else is secondary.

If you have to ask...you probably know the answer.

Jim, that's my original comment. I was saying .com should be number one and anything else would be next on the list.
Really, a website should be "Carpetcleaningsomething.com" anyway. Just for the record. I got hung up in the www.myname.com thing too and it's not as good for SEO.

Now I've got www.carpetcleaning916.com
and
www.carpetcleaningindallastexas.com

Not as pretty but like said, good for SEO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom