Never Seen One Before......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Was on a job Friday, and went to connect the water supply. This custy is a friend and doing very well, has a nice home, and does a lot of hunting with his dogs.

Well, the outside spigot was a Moen, looked and worked like a single knob shower control, and was the first one I had seen in 35 years of cleaning. It has a single control, turn right for hot, left for cold, or in the middle for warm, then pull out to turn on. Of course, I only use cold water from the spigot...(hot could damage my water softner) It's also a freeze proof spigot (as long as the hose is disconnected during freezing weather.) He uses it to hose off the dogs after turkey or duck hunting.....says they just love the warm water, instead of a cold blast from the hose.

Most of my customers have spigots in the garage, with a separate hot and cold spigot. This Moen is a unique spigot that I guess I have to have on my house.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Don't tell my dog about it.

Most beach houses have outside showers, but I've never hooked up to one.

Bob Foster

Had one in my garage. When I renovated my place I took the old one out of the shower and put it on the garage wall over the tub sink.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Doc Holliday said:
Wow I've never heard of such a thing, this was outside Robert?

Yep.....designed for outside use and is also freeze proof. (as long as you remove the hose in the winter after use). It does look like a shower equalizer fawcet, but is meant for outdoor use. A friend of mine picked up a dozen at $5 each at a clearance table at a plumbing supply house. I think they high retail for $100.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
When my house was built they offered that as an upgrade, i didnt think of any reason to have it so i passed on it.

Becker

Name
Becker
I had one on my house.

Was nice to have warm water on cool days for washing the car.

I also had a laundry tub in the garage, that was priceless.

I've seen a fair number of hot cold outside bibs around here. Might be the cooler weather.

In the winter it is nice when a client has one for rinsing etc.
Or warming up the stiff supply hose prior to reeling it up.

gavin

that would have been great to have as a kid, we got hosed off with the cold water before coming inside sometimes.

S

sam miller

Dmreed4311 said:
When my house was built they offered that as an upgrade, i didnt think of any reason to have it so i passed on it.

Boy are Your dogs jealous now. :x :x

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom