New acct. starts tomorrow!!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
It is going to be a long day...

had an acct drop in my lap for lots of floors, some carpet and some janitorial..

going from 0-60 on this to.

31 man hr per day
7 days a week
8 or 9 part timers
2 day porters at different buildings...

all starts at 7:30 am for me, to drop the equipment and supplies.

This is a 33 day contract while they do the walk-through paper work stuff for the 2 yr with 3, 1 year options... which of course i will be bidding on..

and the walk through is on wed at 10 am...

long 2 days coming up....wish me luck

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Congrats Doug! That's great :!: Best of luck (& hopefully a lot of talent too :wink: ) with that.

My best & only peice of advice:
Maintain your standards :!: :!:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
standards is what got me this acct in the 1st place...if i make it to connections i can tell who ever is there about it...

and wouldnt you know, the person who worked on the other companies staff, and wanted a job...is the one who shafted me and didnt show up... :x :x :x

everyone else worked out fine... now i have about an hr and i gotta head back, to finish the last 4 hrs and buff up the floor finish off the janitorial...

damn i am tired

Fon Johnson

LOL

That person was the owners brother/sister who wanted to make you look bad. Didn't you interview them?

Hope you won't be too tired to spend all of that money, Douggie!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Fon Johnson said:
LOL

That person was the owners brother/sister who wanted to make you look bad. Didn't you interview them?

Hope you won't be too tired to spend all of that money, Douggie!

Fon, didn't you see it was a janitorial account. There ain't no MONEY to spend.

Fon Johnson

Fon, didn't you see it was a janitorial account. There ain't no MONEY to spend.[/quote:26a70ob2]

Yeah, I questioned him about that, but he insists that he will make profit.. LOL

I used to do janitorial. Emphasis on USED to do..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Oh I am sure he will make a Profit and he will even be able to spend it..at his favorite resturant...KFC.. :)

Fon Johnson

More like "Taco Bell".. :twisted:

G

Nice!

Cool you to do janitorial; way more profitable than carpet alone. But companies love the every base is covered option.

I first started doing that; then added carpet to make a little extra.

Good Luck :D

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
taco bell my ass...(literally :shock: :shock: ) they have one in the food court there, ate there tonight...not again...

and yes there is money to be made, other wise i wouldnt invest all this time and effort and money into it...

Day 2...down from 16 hrs to 6 with 1 hr done checking with day porter people..

did the walk through for the Major contract (remember this is a 33 day one)...was 6 other companies...3 of which i know and are slimy companies...one of them is the "retard" company, that hires the handicap....if they want this place to shine like they think they arenot in the running...I dont care if they do have most of the other buildings on base...I have heard horror stories from base personel..

already had comments on what i got done the 1st night...(which wasnt very much judas.) noticed 1st off when she went in the building...

tonight we got 3 times as much done in the same amount of time....WOOT THE WORKERS ARE FIGURING IT OUT...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So this is a Fed contract? Minority Owned companies and companies that hire the handicap are already ahead of you. You don't have to like it but thats the fact jack. It won't matter how low you are or how good of Job you do. When they line up the bids they will pull all the minority companies and stack them first and go from there. Doesn't it suck being a white male. What you might want to think about is "selling" your company to your wife and become and employee.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
welp if they do they do...but i will tell you this...

they have played that game and every other game like that. Last company was a minority woman owned biz. And the company before that was a big name ABM.. and they have both failed miserably, hence is why we are at that point...

oh yeah did you forget it needs to be a % that is for those type companies??? well most of the base is done by the handicap (as stated above) with mixed responses...

So 4 companies in 4 yrs, a building that is only 4 yrs old yet looks like 10 and the floors look to be 20... just maybe, maybe bring a change...yes we all know the government is stupid...(oh and this is for a contractor of the gov. not the gov its self...so a little different rules there. I can explain that whole thing is you want) but yet maybe they are tired of the bull shit and will make a change...

so for the next 25 days-ish your "i know everything there is to know about the cleaning biz cuz I have been in it since i was 2" will have to take a back seat...

If after they award it and i find out that it is the minorty card that was played, then i will be more then happy to eat crow and appologize for the above comment....

But if i nail it down i will expect the same response from you...

btw if it ends up being the cheapy price card...no one wins...cuz then its just the same ole bullshit anyway....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Whoa Doug I am on your side. I know your tired but I am here to help anyway I can. Do you know who you are bidding against? I can help ya there as well.

As for the bidding process they should have broke down how the bid will be awarded.

It will give a percentage for everything from Minority to price.

Call me

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yes tired, and aware of the crap against the white man...(hahah that sounds funny)

but i am also tired of people assuming the way things are.. when they have no idea of the crap these guys have put up with...yes that includes not being able to talk to the help, and explain things that are missed...

ok so i will break down who i know showed up

Merchants..(my dad beat these guys out of a contract years ago..crabby ole man there)
ABM....had it before and was part of the problem...would be shocked if they were picked
Park...the handicap..as mentioned other "stuff" on base...is a toss up
myself.. THE HERO!!!!! DUN DUN DUN....
a company out of bountiful....had a lady show up for the walk through..she was 20 mins late
a hispanic company....they barley talked to understand anyway...oh and they were almost an hr late...

if it were me id want to throw out who was late...get your ass there on time idiots...

oh ya Jani-king said they were coming but did not....my guess is they read the part where basiclly they dont want to deal with franchise type companies....you can, but a whole lotta hoops to jump...

oh almost wanted to kick the merchants guys ass....made a nasty reference toward my autoscrubber...called it a "not real 13" one".....listen peckerwood, its a 26" and has been my go to machine for 12 yrs!!!!!!!!

oh well it was the start of the second day, and i cant make everything perfect...i was irritated over some comments...but hey it wasnt me in charge of it, so i had to keep quiet..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You know I worked for Merchants and had the point of the Mountain South for 7 years. I could probably be convinced to work up their bid for you and be withing 20-30 a month of what they will submit :D

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
worked for merchants huh....wellllll that explains a lot :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Naaa...as with everything else i bid it how i need to make money..I dotn care what they bid or do...

I do know this there are some shockers in there you dont expect...

And if i didnt make money, or at least thought i could then i wouldnt persue it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Janitorial is about Numbers. You need BIG numbers to make money. The return on investment is about 6-9%. I am not saying that you can't get an account that returns 12-15% or more but thats really at the top end unless your cleaning yourself then it is a Job not a buisness.

G

Well; Making money doing janitorial is knowing how to clean at fastest speed possible; with as little automation as possible; and staying with good employees. I started my company with 1 mop, 1 broom; dust mop, caddy and chemicals, 1 Vacuum, and a bucket. In 4 years I got 15 employees cleaning, 3 cleaning carpet(including Myself); Janitorial makes good money and is constant; so just keep at it; always include cost of living wage for employees in contract. :)

Back
Top Bottom