New Business Looking For Feedback

Name
Ryan Gorman
New here, and it was recommended to get some first hand opinions and feedback from all of you. I am building my business Spokane Carpet Care in Spokane, WA and have some new material to send out to commercial property managers. I attached my one page and would appreciate any opinions or feedback on the pricing, layout, design, wording, and anything else you might think of.

Thanks in advance!

0001.jpg

Attachments

• Commercial Inquiry.pdf
    87.9 KB · Views: 605
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
A few questions

Is this a part time venture that you want to go full time with?

Are employees and growth a distant goal or an goal right away?

What market share is your real goal?

Are you open to other methods or are you a HWE diehard?

Do you have a girlfriend or wife work a job and benefits?

Are you a people person who can strike up a conversation with anyone?

Neck tatts, nose rings, mullet, sound like Gomer Pyle?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
A couple of things.

1. Welcome to the Spokane Area.
2. If your first appeal to property managers is price, you lost them because you are easily double cleanrite and alpine(two big apartment cleaners)
3. 5 days for scheduling. That is an eternity for a PM.

Find their pain points, and solve them. Then ask whatever price you wish, within reason

Mikey P

Administrator
A couple of things.

2. If your first appeal to property managers is price, you lost them because you are easily double cleanrite and alpine(two big apartment cleaners)

Find their pain points, and solve them. Then ask whatever price you wish, within reason

Kevin I haven't seen you here in years, did you drop in to read the 870 thread and find this?

Thank for helping the kids out.

I thought his prices were way to low..lol

Mikey P

Administrator
At .22, what steps will you be performing in normal residential work?

If you need out like most of us here that going to lead to a lot of two job, 8 hours and 350 in revinue days...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
New here, and it was recommended to get some first hand opinions and feedback from all of you. I am building my business Spokane Carpet Care in Spokane, WA and have some new material to send out to commercial property managers. I attached my one page and would appreciate any opinions or feedback on the pricing, layout, design, wording, and anything else you might think of.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 93220
The problem focusing on apartments is you don't make much per unit and everyone wants it done at the end of the month in between the move out/move in. Better to focus on privately owned condos, houses and commercial. I do some empties but most in buildings where I clean the hallways and common areas. For example, today I did a 3 story building with 2 staircases. $500 and I'm already sitting down to lunch. Your market is different from mine but there are people willing to pay higher prices for better work.

Name
Jeff T
The problem focusing on apartments is you don't make much per unit and everyone wants it done at the end of the month in between the move out/move in. Better to focus on privately owned condos, houses and commercial. I do some empties but most in buildings where I clean the hallways and common areas. For example, today I did a 3 story building with 2 staircases. $500 and I'm already sitting down to lunch. Your market is different from mine but there are people willing to pay higher prices for better work.
My lunch was an apple I picked driving out of a clients property..... no time for lunch today.
I’ve got a small commercial building to HWE next, then I’ve got 3 bedrooms, hall, LR, stairs, then I go encap 13,000 sqft starting @ 6 PM....
Some days I wish I wasn’t running my feet off, then I go to the bank, and slap myself for thinking that...

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Ryan Gorman
A few questions

Is this a part time venture that you want to go full time with?
No, this is "my" only income.

Are employees and growth a distant goal or an goal right away?
Distant goal

What market share is your real goal?
Residential

Are you open to other methods or are you a HWE diehard?

Do you have a girlfriend or wife work a job and benefits?
My girlfriend is a school teacher, with benefits.

Are you a people person who can strike up a conversation with anyone?
Yes.

Neck tatts, nose rings, mullet, sound like Gomer Pyle?
HAHA. No, I'm a normal looking guy.

Name
Ryan Gorman
A couple of things.

How would you approach trying to get that information? (Find their pain points, and solve them.)
Email? Phone? Just stop by?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My lunch was an apple I picked driving out of a clients property..... no time for lunch today.
I’ve got a small commercial building to HWE next, then I’ve got 3 bedrooms, hall, LR, stairs, then I go encap 13,000 sqft starting @ 6 PM....
Some days I wish I wasn’t running my feet off, then I go to the bank, and slap myself for thinking that...
That’s called grinding.

Mikey P

Administrator
How would you approach trying to get that information? (Find their pain points, and solve them.)
Email? Phone? Just stop by?

Their pain points will be the surcharge for urine, set stains and repair..

You can't toss those in either at your pricing but maybe you can average it out to be a bit less

But apartments suck, go after the middle to upper class.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if you can't make money at 22 cent-o-ft in empties, your equipment, juice or YOU suk

Problem with apts (in particular large complexes) they're by and large notoriously cheap , rarely ready when they say they are, and you'll have to chase down the maintenance guy to unlock the door ...that's "supposed" to be already unlocked for you

BUTT....don't neglect or reject all of them out of hand .
cause 19.378% of them will pay good money for good service

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mike Draper

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Higher end type rentals are Vacation Rentals. They rent by the week or month. Here in Florida some will rent for the Season...winter. Standards are much higher so your prices can be higher. They just want a good job, so include them in your personal visit marketing.
Apartment rentals like Student housing and commercial accounts...even janitorial... Restaurant cleaning...will keep the bills paid and more but - At the same time develop a Residential Business.The residential business will be the part of your business that you will keep as you let the less profitable part of your business go.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Matt Ross
I've spent some time visiting spokane. With he growth and this economy you shouldnt have too much trouble. Like everyone else said, focus on upper middle class. Might as well try your apartment and PM company idea if you have extra time, but dont focus on it.
I remember last time I was there one of the big franchises has a huge shop and signs right on the main highway. Let them have their cheap part of the market. Do what they cant, which is quality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom