New computer!!!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok so after all my thought process and the back and forth i went through, here is my choice.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... nbr=310400

I went big, because i didnt want the what ifs creeping in, and having to piece meal something if i wasnt happy...

There are some things I am hoping this will help me do...if not i triple checked what the return policy was....6 mths...

so far on the setup...its one badd ass machine...and the 24" monitor...welllll you know

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Get a Mac

That looks like a powerful unit.

I have purchased sooooo many PC's in the past 20 years. Mostly Dell and HP.
I was using PC's since MS-DOS (before Windows).
I have bought so many computers I could fill my own landfill.

Well enough is enough!
About a year and a half ago we switched to Macs.
Sweeeeeeeet!

I can still run Windows programs (via Fusion).
But the Mac operating system is entirely superior to Windows.
And the machines run better too!
They never crash. NEVER!

Between home and office, I currently own 7 Macs. Couldn't be happier!
They just cruise along all day, happily doing any task I throw at them :)

BTW, this message was created on a Mac. How does it look?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have that monitor, the display is GORGEOUS.
make sure you use the digital hook up to the video card and NOT the Blue VGA analog, it makes a huge difference.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Fourteen months ago I bought an HP to replace my family's 8-year old Compaq. It would be considered a big brother to the one you listed, but I wanted to do video and audio work. The only problem is that the monitor fried one month out of warranty, and I learned that this monitor is prone to 12-months-plus-a-day failure. The extended warranty might be cheap insurance.

PS: My dead monitor proved to be as fragile as Mac monitors are known to be. The difference is that the better replacement cost $500, or about $150 more than I was quoted for repair, and since Apple will tell you "just buy a new one" as the answer to any breakdown, Mac fans have to cough up $900 when theirs go black.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
vista premium..

I hated vista a while ago, but since the SP1 I have heard good things...

This thing is banging, on eof my main things I wanted works like a charm....hooking it up with a fire wire to a mini DV camcorder and uploading my movies....the old comp had issues and i tried hardware, softtware, you name it and couldnt get it right....hooked it up here and ding dong, found the device and away we went....

Back
Top Bottom