New deal From Home Depot......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I HAD to meet my sister at HD today so she could buy a new shower head. While I was there, I noticed an ad near the carpets that offered a package deal of new carpet, installation, and

.....3 years of free scheduled cleaning by none other than.....Chem Dry.

What a deal......

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HD and Lowes are really putting a hurting on the carpet retailers 'round here, RW.

I can get 30oz nylon cut pile with 8 pound pad for $16 a yard INSTALLED!!!

..L.T.A

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have a couple of CD friends (believe it or not!) and they say HD really puts the screws to them on HD related work.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
meAt said:
HD and Lowes are really putting a hurting on the carpet retailers 'round here, RW.

..L.T.A

Andy when it's ruined in 2 years, people start to come running back.

Chris A

Name
Chris
our 3 retailers have all been doing well, considering.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
joeynbgky said:
Why cant we go to our local lowes and offer them a package cleaning on new carpet?

Because they rent the Rug Dr. They are diy outlets for the people who think they can diy.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
meAt said:

..L.T.A

I'm sure there is a hidden "upcharge" at HD to account for the cleaning. They also have in-store signs that direct you to their web site for on-line CC scheduling.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Lee Stockwell said:
I have a couple of CD friends (believe it or not!) and they say HD really puts the screws to them on HD related work.

I can imagine! How else can they offer 3 years of cleaning for free, on top of being cheap for the carpet.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
SRI Cleaning said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":18es2c22]I have a couple of CD friends (believe it or not!) and they say HD really puts the screws to them on HD related work.

I can imagine! How else can they offer 3 years of cleaning for free, on top of being cheap for the carpet.[/quote:18es2c22]

I wonder if they pay CD up front, or pay them every cleaning for the life of the contract?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
joeynbgky said:
Why cant we go to our local lowes and offer them a package cleaning on new carpet?

I tried a pilot program with a high end carpet retailor and we dropped it after 6 months. Do you know how many people only buy carpet for one room at a time? At the end of the day, no one is making money.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If I remember right, HD was outsourcing cleaning a few years back before CD came along. $25/room traffic areas only, no furn moving, and I would get 60% of that. NO THANKS thats only $16/room for me. I don't expect the CD guys are getting that much more.
I don't think some HD people are convinced about the ability of CD either. I've been called out to do some warrantee work by a lady at HD that was a client.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom