New Drieaz's New Dehumidifier-3500i

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
3500i.jpg

Delivering 170 pints at AHAM at only 10.5 amps, the LGR 3500i takes dehumidification to new heights. Built with the same restoration-ready, easy-to-transport design as the industry-leading 2800i, the 3500i delivers supersized performance and reliability. The 3500i is built for the tough environments found in water damage restoration, construction, and rental use. The rugged rotomolded housing and durable construction make this Dri-Eaz dehumidifier the number one choice.

Product Features
• Groundbreaking water removal rate – 170 pints at AHAM
• Displays inlet and outlet temperature and RH for easy monitoring
• Digital control panel with plain-English system messages, not codes.
• Wireless remote monitoring capable. Track operating conditions from any Internet connection with the HygroTrac Remote Monitoring System (purchased separately).
• Rugged Dri-Eaz rotomolded housing is easy to maintain and won't mar furnishings.
Product Specifications

Power 10.5 amps, 115 volts
Water removal AHAM (80°F /60%RH) 170 pints | 80.5 liters / day
Water removal Max. (90°F / 90% RH) 240 pints | 113.6 liters / per day
Process air 400 CFM, floor-level outlet
Air filter 3M HAF (Dri-Eaz part no. F421)
Use weight 165 lbs. | 75 kg
Looks like nice unit!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Looks like Phoenix came out with the 300.

phoenix-300-dehumidifier-lg.jpg

FEATURES:

* High capacity ? 176 pints/day @ AHAM
* High energy efficiency ? Plugs into a grounded 115-V outlet
* Pleated media filter ? Built-in air filter reduces dust and mold
* Twist-on duct collar ? Direct the drying power where you need it (collar sold seprately)
* Optional high-efficiency filter ? Removes 95% of one-micron particles
* Reservoir pump system ? Strong and dependable, 20 ft of lift
* Pump purge switch ? Drains reservoir, no spills or drips
* Pump fail warning light and cut-off ? Prevents reservoir overflow
* Lighted power switch ? Check machine status at a glance
* Digital hour meter ? Easy-to-read for more accurate billing
* 30-ft power cord ? No need for extension cords
* 30-ft drain hose ? Pump condensate to sinks or drains

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Power: 12 amps, 115 Vac, Grounded
* Water Removal
o 176 pints/day @ AHAM 80?F, 60% RH
o 304 pints/day maximum @ 90?F, 90% RH
* Blower: 540 cfm
* Drain Hose: 30 ft
* Condensate Pump: Internal, w/20? Lift
* Operating Temp Range: 33?F to 110?F
* Filters
o Standard: 20? x 20? x 4? Pleated Media 30% MERV-6
o Optional: 20? x 20? x 4? Pleated Media 95% MERV-14
* Dimensions
o Width: 29"
o Height: 46"
o Depth: 25"
o Weight: 175 lbs

Retail from $3200-$3500

steve g

Name
steve garrett
tmdry said:

FEATURES:

* Twist-on duct collar ? Direct the drying power where you need it (collar sold seprately)

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Water Removal
* Filters
* Dimensions

Retail from $3200-$3500

yeah but I would not trust the phoenix water removal specs any further than I could throw them. my drieaz 2000 pulls about 30% more water than my 200 max's. this despite being much lower rated than the phoenix units. lieing about dehu specs could be an issue for someone who uses charts and calculations to determine the number of dehus needed based on the specs.

Name
Nate W.
steve g said:
tmdry said:

FEATURES:

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Water Removal
* Filters
* Dimensions

Retail from $3200-$3500

yeah but I would not trust the phoenix water removal specs any further than I could throw them. my drieaz 2000 pulls about 30% more water than my 200 max's. this despite being much lower rated than the phoenix units. lieing about dehu specs could be an issue for someone who uses charts and calculations to determine the number of dehus needed based on the specs.

Hey Steve G, I've read that you dislike the Phoenix units. What temps do you run on an average basis? Phoenix dehu's have been good to us. Our temps are between 70-90 degrees.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Rob Lyon said:
I like the 2000 units, but I felt the exact oposite of dri-eaz 2000 vs the 200 max myself!!

I like the phoenix units they do have some advantages over drieaz,I like the cord and hose storing in the top under the lid, I like a simple on off switch. adding lay flat duct to the phoenix is easy, drieaz wants to sell pricey proprietary stuff. the phoenix and drieaz units put out very very similar temp and RH air, the difference is the drieaz is moving substantially more air, that means its processing more air and if the air coming out is roughly the same GPP the difference in CFM tells the tale on which unit is pulling more water.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I am not a fan of the x-large LGR dehumidifiers. I think 110 to 140 pint LGR dehumidifiers are the sweet spot for most drying jobs. The cost of removing an extra 3 to 4 gallons of water (at AHAM), in purchase price and amp usage, would be better invested in air movers. An extra Phoenix focus or Force 9 air mover would evaporate more water from, and add more energy to wet material, drying a job faster. If more dehumidification is needed at the beginning of a job an additional large dehumidifier could be added during the first 24 hours or until the humidly is stabilized then removed.
There is also a big difference between moving (and setting up) a 135 lbs dehumidifier and a 175lbs dehumidifier.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The Dri-Eaz 3500i costs hundreds less, weighs less, and pulls 5% less amps, but is only rated at 6 pints less per day.
I think the tale of the tape is interesting, at the least.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the phoenix 300 is an old machine been around since at least katrina and probably before that i have a buddy with a few of them that have well over 5000 hours. i have been messing with the drieaz 2000, phoenix 200 max , phoenix ht, and the 340 side by side and with a consitant temp range over 80 but under 90 the 340 pulls the fastest and hardest(pulls the easy moisture quicker in the bucket and continues to pull water till end of job harder), the phoenix ht comes in second. the 340 in my opinion (have not tried the 2800i or 3500i) has the most cfm i have ever seen out of a dehu, it actually create a nice positve air in cavities when i have trouble situations or do not want to demo as much.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin I understand where you're coming from and for the most part I would agree, with the exception being commercial work where if it can save me wheeling in a few units it would he worth it. The large size is always impressive in separating professional equipment from anything they might have.

I'd like a few, but I'll have to wait till next year. :cry: I still have a year left on a note from last time we made a major drying equipment purchase.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Shawn Forsythe said:
The Dri-Eaz 3500i costs hundreds less, weighs less, and pulls 5% less amps, but is only rated at 6 pints less per day.
I think the tale of the tape is interesting, at the least.

yeah but shawn if you actually believe phoenix's numbers you are smoking crack, those ratings are total horseshit, if they are anything like the the 200 max ratings, that drieaz 3500 will pull 50% more than the big phoenix unit.

leesenter

Are your Phoenix dehus HT models? If so, in the warm south you must take off the magnet strip under the filter for it to work at capacity.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
down here in texas my phoenix/jondon units outperform my drieaz equipment anyday. i had seen the passion steve g had for the drieaz 2000 mso i went out and got three of them and was definetly not wowed by their performance. the phoenix always pull longer and the jondon pull longer and harder, while pushing way more cfm and the cfm to where i want it.

Name
Nate W.
dealtimeman said:
down here in texas my phoenix/jondon units outperform my drieaz equipment anyday. i had seen the passion steve g had for the drieaz 2000 mso i went out and got three of them and was definetly not wowed by their performance. the phoenix always pull longer and the jondon pull longer and harder, while pushing way more cfm and the cfm to where i want it.

I'd have to agree with that statment. While I have no expirence in cold weather, the Phoenix does seems to work better for our hotter climate. I'll take a look into the jondon unit.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
nate phoenix just came out with their house version of a jondon "340", called a phoenix 270ht. have not ran one but it looks like they used some of the same design in their house branded unit. i cant wait to see and run one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom