New filter box

hogjowl

Idiot™
I realize an owner of a 36 unit has no business posting in the high performance room, but I'm running 2.5 inch hose, so give me a break.

Ever since installing Greenies 2.5 inch elbow port on my waster tank I have been without a filter in my tank. When Duane said he was building a box, I signed up for one. I got it last week and have been using it since. My first concern was that it would restrict my air flow some, and with such a pissy little blower, I can't afford any restriction. It doesn't. It also does a great job of catching the debris.

My only problem with it has been the cheap plastic port connections Doodaddy put on it, but he says he has metal ones on the way. With that, I'll be in business.

My only advice to anyone purchasing one is not to bolt it down to the floor. Put cool cuff connections on it so you can take it out to clean it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
No, I don't have a digital camera and no patience to learn how to post pictures.

It cost me $500, but Duane always screws me. You're will probably be cheaper.

Greenie

admiralclean said:
My only advice to anyone purchasing one is not to bolt it down to the floor. Put cool cuff connections on it so you can take it out to clean it.

So...did they work OK, or was it a waste of time?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Greenie...

He must have missed your question here. As he told me this morning, if there was something about it he didn't like, he'd be bitchin'...

When I handed it to him, I told him to check it for airflow reduction by hooking it up to his system, with no hose on the "wand side", and see if his vacuum gauge showed an increase over what it shows with nothing connected.

There was no increase.

There should be no increase all the way to full within 1" of the top of the filter. (In other words, within 1" of "absolute full".)

One thing I designed the UltraFlow to NOT require is a disconnection of the hoses in order to dump the filter. (In other words, the inlet and outlet are NOT through the lid.)

I see having to disconnect everything in order to dump the filter as being too inconvenient.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I gave you the wrong measurements, Greenie. One side had a 3 inch opening and the other had a 2.5 inch. So, ony one of your ports worked.

Greenie

The other side could probably be done the same way with a 2.5.

I thought Doodaddy said the box was gonna be universal, 3" in and out so that you could always bush down?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
You thought wrong, Greenie.

Next time, ask me... 8)

What I said was that it would be 3" to the machine and 2.5" to the wand, both bush-able, so that you could downsize if you prefer.

(I've never heard of a 3" hose to a wand... have you...?)

What I've decided to do is supply both at 2.5", though. The reason is that 3" will be on an as- ordered basis, since so few machines would use it.

By the way, I hear that even on large jobs that are full of trash and take hours to do, the filter doesn't get full and the vacuum is unaffected...

That's what I had in mind when I designed it.

The Preacher

DooWayne, ya gotta watch Greenie, he'll steal yore ideas and sell em under a court order not to!!! :shock:

Ken HArrASS on Dannys computer

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks for the concern, but I don't think he'd do such a thing.

One of the reasons I post as much as I do about upcoming "stuff" is to make it known that it's my idea. Anything after that, by someone else who's read it (and commented), is obviously ummm. "Less than original.", so to speak, and I'm guessing would arouse some suspicion regarding ethical boundaries, etc.

(I'm not saying that I see posting as a way to keep Greenie in particular, "honest", BTW. It's a blanket tactic on my part, not aimed at anyone in particular.)

I don't see Greenie as some kind of copycat, etc... Ken screwed things up for himself and left a "vacuum", in that people wanted glides, but wouldn't buy from him, that Greenie took advantage of. It's not the same thing, in my book.

Greenie

KEEP the box 3" on the machine side, you can sell to a wider audience, from TCS warriors to Blueline Thermal waves, just makes sense.

My mistake, I thought you had said it would be 3" all around, no biggie, the 2.5" is probably fine, I only have 2 customers that ever ran 3"...no wait 3 customers..., but all of them have gone to 2.5" since then as the sweet spot on their next machine.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
BTW...

All of the systems I make now are plumbed to accept a 2.5" hose to the wand or to the filter, etc.

I'm revising the filter a bit per recommendations from my fabricator, to make it easier to build, cost less, and make it more competitive, price- wise.

Thanks, Greenie...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom