new here and need some help PLEASE

tim

Cant speak for the Dynamchem but I have a cds 4.8 w/salsa. About the same amount of hours on the machine but in a Ford van. We have never had a minutes problem with the machine. Low maintenance, good performance, no down time...what else is there? We get 230 to 240 ATM quickly, put Greenies vac releif on it with a greenhorn wand, add a couple of AP's and leave carpet dry to the touch.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Nothing wrong with either set-up, but for similar money I would get the CDS. The CDS unit should be good for an easy 10,000 hours and over 100,000 miles on the odometer. There are two things to consider though:

The smaller Chevy transmission is prone to early failure, but this can be avoided by either installing a shift kit or keeping it out of OD drive when driving in town. The heavy duty transmission has no issues. Do a transmission fluid and filter change every 25,000 miles, and add an external cooler if it doesn't have one. They're inexpensive insurance.

If you have long distances to cover between jobs and estimates, or like to drive your work vehicle to the store, and the beach, and tow your boat... you will wear the van out long before the unit dies. In that case you'd be better off with the slide-in you can more easily move from truck to truck.

Greg Loe

I wouldn't buy either.

Find the best used van for 10k or under then get a Judson(new)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
For 27K, I'm partial to Greg's suggestion, either a CanAm, a TNT or a Reactor. Very simple, a brand new unit, tweaked out with the Greenie stuff, you'll have carpet dry in an hour! Cheap to run and maintain.

The hydramaster CDS for sure. I've got a small "fleet" of various Hydramasters and they've been extremely reliable machines. As for the van I think you should be ok with a GMC. I've got a GMC and its been fine, I've got a few Fords they've been good, and I've got a Sprinter and its AWESOME.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom