New invention for carpet cleaning.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I havn't made this yet but got the idea when I cleaned a two story house today and used my kicker to secure the hoses. Sometimes there is just no good place to attatch the hoses when going up stairs. I am afraid to scratch the wall attatching to a banister. What about a small 4" square plate with 20 or so nails coming out of it that can be attatched to the carpet like a kicker or stretcher does. Then a hook would be welded on to attatch the velcro hose holder. This could be put in the center of the stairs half way up and at the top to hold hoses away from the corners and would be very cheap to make. Any ideas?

The idea came when I used my kicker to attatch the velco strap to at the top of the staircase.

Name
I'm Rick James
Way back in the stanley steemer days, they designed a "chip bucket" that was placed on the vac and steam hose to prevent it from slipping down the stairs. Its not perfect but was a good tool.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Let's see, In an effort not to scratch anything I'm going to use a small plate with 20 nails coming out of it??

Um' problematic!!

Walt

idreadnought said:
I havn't made this yet but got the idea when I cleaned a two story house today and used my kicker to secure the hoses. Sometimes there is just no good place to attatch the hoses when going up stairs. I am afraid to scratch the wall attatching to a banister. What about a small 4" square plate with 20 or so nails coming out of it that can be attatched to the carpet like a kicker or stretcher does. Then a hook would be welded on to attatch the velcro hose holder. This could be put in the center of the stairs half way up and at the top to hold hoses away from the corners and would be very cheap to make. Any ideas?

The idea came when I used my kicker to attatch the velco strap to at the top of the staircase.

That might be a slick idea. More then a few Portland homes have no bannister to attach to at all.

Four inch plate with little nails - perhaps weighted to dig into carpet.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
So there's no bannister rails ??

So what ??

Just use the velcro hook that you & JB talk about, and hook it to the first doorway past the top of the stairs.

Or even use a longer strap to secure the hook.

Before going back down, simply clean to the top of the stairs before releasing the hook.

What I do is carpet cleaning, not rocket science, K.I.S.S.

gavin

inventions come out of necessity, if it will work for you and make it easier for you to clean, then go for it. I think it is a great idea. Take pics and let us know how it works.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
gavin said:
inventions come out of necessity,
and from accident

I was pulling my hoses down the stairs and the velcro strap was still attached. The velcro stuck to the carpet and held it pretty darn tight, enough that I couldn't really pull it from the bottom.
Maybe that's all you need is a velcro strip, or even the velcro part of the of the strap.

One benefit of that would be less to trip over. Anyone walking over it could simply step on the strap, and they most likely will!!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
a Velcro strap will grab Berber all by itself but it will leave the spot a little fuzzy. Ask me how i know.

gene

Walt

ShortyDownUnder said:
So there's no bannister rails ??

So what ??

Just use the velcro hook that you & JB talk about, and hook it to the first doorway past the top of the stairs.

Or even use a longer strap to secure the hook.

Before going back down, simply clean to the top of the stairs before releasing the hook.

What I do is carpet cleaning, not rocket science, K.I.S.S.

That is what I do most times. It isn't always the most elegant of solutions, but it does work.

I am specifically referring to older homes built in the 40's as a single story. Later they remodel the attic to get an additional room. Frequently, it is just one room with no door at the top. (the door is at the bottom of the stairs). If that is the case, I get to tie off to furniture or just have my helper stand there holding the hoses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom