New Look for The Company

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I met with a designer that is really good at what she does. Here team came out and pitch ideas for a new look for us to really launch this thing.

She really challenged my way of thinking today. I guess I'm more conservative than I thought. Her idea was to get very 3-D looking for my vans and push the envelope for what we do now. I'm having a hard time getting comfortable with her ideas but I am open to listening. I'm thinking that those ideas may not be popular here though. Her take was that if I want to be the most memorable company in my area we need to make it memorable. I'm a little scared of looking silly.

I'd like to here different thoughts on this.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree with her in concept- just hard to give opinion on specific sight unseen.

I also would take with a grain of salt what anyone on here thinks- show her oncepts to any and every woman 30-60 years of age you can and get their take on it. After you have gotten the feedback evaluate where you want to go with it. Make sure they are women that are in your prospective market i.e. socio-economically.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Thanks, Ken I appreciate it. I'm just afraid to lose an perceived professionalism. I'm sure the ideas will work though. It's probably a matter of my comfort level with it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It is always scary going in a new direction and there is definitely risk. Also many times creative people get caught up in their own creativity without the understanding of the real world need to sell it to the general public.

A full service agency will have people of both knowledge bases so that the creative person has balance- if using just a creative person then you (and your network of women 30-60) need to be the market judges.

Look forward to seeing what she and you come up with Jeremy!

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Since WD is the bulk of my company and carpet cleaning is a new thing for us I'm struggling with the idea of becoming gimmicky looking. Do you think that will hurt us?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're crazy there is NO way I would do that, how unprofessional, that's just ridiculous!

Oh...what was it she suggested?
:p

Seriously I'd listen to her but take some time to evaluate it before acting too quickly.

Run it by some people who's opinion you trust (outside the industry) and see what they think. So often we get caught up in copying each other and don't look outside the industry to see how we are really perceived by our clientele.

It could be a great idea.........or you'll be the joke of the board for a good while. :p
J/K

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
The board's critique only matters in how it can help me grow. That's what I'm here for...to hang out and have fun, yes. Growing is my #1 priority though.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Only thing I don't like about GA's is that even if they don't produce anything you're happy with, you still have to pay them! And the more they work on it, they more it costs.
I blew 1G on one GA and then met another guy who talked with me, found out what I wanted, and this is the new look he gave me.

it has to be readable from a 100yrds away
It has to be clear enough so people aren't wondering what the hec you do
Its got to have the message you want to send

I've seen some fantastic looking graphics on vans for different industries. They just knock your socks off when you see it, just "WOW!" , and I'd like to be able to tell you who they were but I just couldn't read the bloody name or read what it was they in fact did!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Get some samples here so we can see it. Good, bad or ugly opinions may still get you thinking one way or the other.

New and different is cool, old and familiar is too.

Just try to make sure it's something that works.

Make the design for your customer and nobody else.

Who is your customer?

G

You are emotionally involved in the image of your company so you cannot ne objective. You are also not typical of your target market. You need to get the advice of some women if that is your market. My wife is good at this. She can give me her consumer impression and it is valuable. It also helps if the advisers are of the same socio-economic level as your target market. Odds are you do not really understand what your customer thinks of you and what they want. If you can get some women to advise you you will learn a lot.
Best wishes,
Barry O’Connell
www.SpongoBongo.com

S

sam miller

I second Ken and Ron advice a popping message doesnt have to be unprofessional as long as it fits who you are as a company.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom